This week, the waterpark festival is back! Visit the Terrmian beach to find a lot of quests and minigames! New Loyal Attendance rewards are waiting for you and two new furniture at the effigy of Nouver and Kutum will be craftable. We also improved the auto-fishing by adding a new feature and we made changes to some Rage Absorption buffs.
Keep reading to know more about these new features and the rest of the patch!
Event & SystemNew Events
- Terrmian Waterpark 2019!
- Event period: July 17 (after maintenance) - August 28 (before maintenance) (6 weeks!)
- Your favorite waterpark festival is back! Splash into action and enjoy playful quests under the scorching sun!
- Brand new swimwear for 2019 can be obtained for the very first time through the waterpark festival. Don’t miss your chance to get a sneak peek!
- Click < Here >[www.blackdesertonline.com] to learn all about Terrmian Waterpark festival!
- Loyal Attendance Rewards will be refreshed
- Event period: July 18 00:00 UTC - August 21 23:59 UTC
- Don’t forget to check in every day to claim awesome rewards like Laila’s Petal, Sweet Honey Wine, and [Event] Shakatu’s Seals!
- Altar of Blood Awaits![www.blackdesertonline.com]: July 10 (after maintenance) - July 24 (before maintenance)
- Black Spirit’s Adventure 1: July 10 (after maintenance) - July 31 (before maintenance)
- Monster Zone Event: July 10 (after maintenance) - July 24 (before maintenance)
- Global Donkey Race Reward
- All rewards for Top 100 for NA and EU winners have been distributed.
- Following reward to celebrate Global Donkey Race has also been sent out to all adventurers:
- [Event] Extra Mount EXP Scroll x1 (Mount EXP +20% for 10 hrs.)
- New furniture Nouver Statue and Kutum Lamp were added.
- These new furniture, Kutum Lamp made of Kutum fragments and Nouver Statue made with the hide of Nouver, are interactive furniture where you receive a buff in exchange for their durability.
- The maximum durability of Kutum Lamp and Nouver Statue is 10.
- When you interact with these items, you will receive the below buffs for 2 hours.
- Kutum Lamp: All AP +15, Ignore All Resistance +5%
- Nouver Statue: All AP +15, All Resistance +5%
- All AP +15 does not stack
- The two buffs can be active at the same time, but the two AP boosts will not stack.
*These furniture can be made with Manufacture.
- Interior Points for both Nouver Statue and Kutum Lamp is 200 points each.
- Ancient Kutum's Fragment and Nouver's Hide can be acquired at a low drop chance from Kutum and Nouver, respectively.
- Special effects and color were added to the title of the winners of the 3v3 Arena of Arsha Official Tournament.
- Added a feature to set the max grade of the fish you wish to auto discard during auto fishing.
- Auto discard level is determined by fishing level.
- Auto discard is only fish that are categorized as “Trade Items”. This does not include items such as Ancient Relic Crystal Shards or Washed-up Laundry.
- Added the “Sherekhan <Guardian Spirits> ’ Extermination” description to the following titles’ requirements.
- Commissioned Officer
- The Crimson Reaper
- To celebrate the Terrmian Waterpark festival, the Old Moon guild is offering Old Moon Sky Balloon rides between Altinova and Terrmian for free.
- The Old Moon Sky Balloon ride between Altinova and Terrmian will be free of charge from the newly-added Sky Balloon Station during the festival period.
- You can use the Old Moon Sky Balloon Special Boarding Ticket with Altinova Old Moon Sky Balloon Manager Lisam and Terrmian Old Moon Sky Balloon Manager Momu to use the Old Moon Sky Balloon.
- There are no Old Moon Sky Balloon routes to Calpheon and Valencia in Terrmian. Also, if you wish to travel to destinations other than Terrmian from Altinova, you have to purchase tickets with Black Stones as before.
- Some zones had their escape points set somewhere too far from the zones, which took too much time and effort to return to, which in turn wasted buffs from food, elixirs, and villas. To resolve this, the following zones' escape point was changed to the zone's General Goods Vendor.
- Hystria Ruins
- Aakman Temple
- Protty Cave
- Sycraia Underwater Ruins (upper zone)
- Sycraia Underwater Ruins (abyssal zone)
We would have liked to announce that we've resolved all issues where characters get stuck in Hystria Ruins and other locations, but we require more time to do that. So with this patch, we've changed the location of where you are sent to when you escape to somewhere within the zone. As mentioned during Heidel Ball and our recent announcement, we know this is not a complete solution and we will keep working on it to resolve the issue.
- Fixed the issue where the Altar of Blood room did not reset as it should intermittently.
- Improvements were made so that you can no longer be invited to a party while waiting for the Altar of Blood matchmaking.
- Added the function of immediate entry to each of the Altar of Blood’s Illusions.
- You can immediately enter only those Illusions that the party leader has previously completed.
- You need Nightmare Fragments for any immediate entry.
- For the immediate entry of each Illusion stage, the number of Nightmare Fragments required is as follows.
- The 1st Illusion - x0
- The 2nd Illusion - x1
- The 3rd Illusion - x1
- The 4th Illusion - x2
- The 5th Illusion - x0
- The 6th Illusion - x1
- The 7th Illusion - x2
- The 8th Illusion - x3
- The 9th Illusion - x4
- The 10th Illusion - x5
- Fixed the issue where you could hit enemies behind pillars in the Altar of Blood.
Game World, NPC & EffectsGame World
- Fixed the issue where grass was floating in some places around Trent.
- Fixed the issue where the graphics of some of the structures of the Calpheon Castle Site were unnatural.
- Fixed the issue where characters were unable to move in certain areas of Wizard's Altar.
- Fixed the issue where movement was unnatural when you crossed a bridge in Calpheon City on a wagon in auto move.
- Fixed the issue where characters were unable to move in certain areas of the Caphras Cave.
- Fixed the issue where you could not pass certain areas of the Outpost Supply Port.
- Fixed the issue where the framerate dropped in certain areas of the Battle Arena.
- Fixed the auto navigation in Velia to be more natural.
- Fixed navigation path from Sand Grain Bazaar to Altinova to be more natural.
- Optimized certain effects to decrease file size.
- Fixed the issue where characters were unable to move normally in certain areas of the Sycraia Underwater Ruins.
- Hystria Ruins was expanded.
- An old wall of the Hystria Ruins collapsed, revealing a new path to other areas of the ruins.
More players can now make use of the monster zone in Hystria Ruins,
Continuing the revamping of monster zones, this week we updated Hystria Ruins.
Adventurers have to prepare a certain level of equipment to enter Aakman Temple and Hystria Ruins and you must endure various obstacles, such as roaming the desert, so we think they should be more satisfactory for adventurers to conquer.
With this week's patch, Hystria Ruins is now more than twice its previous size, so now you can explore the area with ease.
The next location we're looking into is somewhat similar to the Hystria Ruins, the Hasrah Ancient Ruins.
- Fixed the issue where the backside of the skirt moved unnaturally when the character ran while equipped with the Dahlia Nocturna Outfit.
- Fixed the issue where the lower area looked awkward when the character walked backwards while equipped with the Bern Outfit.
- Fixed the issue where the skirt’s backside was cut when equipping the Dahlia Nocturna Outfit and the Urugon Shoes at the same time.
- Fixed the issue where the Helmet was covered with the character’s hair when you selected Hair 5 after equipping the Puff Mini Helmet on.
- Fixed the issue where the Cloak was too close to the character’s body compared to other characters when equipping the Snowflake Outfit.
- Fixed the issue where you mounted your Heilang when moving items to your inventory.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s relevant body parts were displayed above the clothes when you equipped the fallen Garzar or Puff Mini Outfits after customizing Valkyrie’s thighs and arms too thick.
- Fixed the issue where Magical Evasion was not triggered after using Detonative Flow when you shift from Awakening weapon to main weapon.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s eyebrows were covered with the Coco Hat because it was worn too low.
- Fixed the issue where the spot on her left cheek (preset 3) in customization (F4) was blurry.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s knees were erased when equipping the Akum Armor and the Muskan shoes together.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s head was displayed above the helmet when you moved forward or leftward after equipping the Obsidian Arrow Hood.
- Fixed the issue where the gloves and the outfit overlapped when equipping the Blackstar Gauntlet after the Shudad Outfit.
- Fixed the issue where the character’s ears stuck out of the helmet when you equipped the Kibelius Helmet after customizing Archer’s ears too large.
- Changed the graphical effects of Florang using skills.
- Temporary changes were made so that Shai cannot accept ‘My Little First Pony’ quest.
- You will be able to accept the relevant quest when Shai becomes able to ride a horse after practice.
- Changes were made so that the Santa Hat’s Dye Slot is displayed normally.
- Fixed the issue where the EXP was applied abnormally when transferring Shai’s Alchemy/Gathering Life EXP to another character or transferring those Life EXPs from another character to Shai.
- This will also apply retroactively for those who have already transferred EXP previously.
- Fixed the issue where you could not accept one of the ‘Black Spirit's Gift (Inventory Slot and Black Stones)’ quests while progressing through the main quests ‘[Crossroad] The Lamenting Head of the League of Merchants’ and ‘[Crossroad] Each of Their Reasons’ with Shai.
- Improvements were made so that Shai’s standby motions look more natural when using the Donkey’s “Just Chillin'” skill.
- Fixed the issue where you could not obtain the Owl Horn-rimmed Glasses when you open the challenge reward [Event] Glasses Box with Shai.
- Items that do not require fixing will not be selected anymore when you select Recover Max Dur.
- Fixed the issue where the below residence install items already had their functions updated, but did not have the updates in the item descriptions.
- Description: added HP, MP, WP, SP Recover +5000.
- Heidelian Bed
- Heidelian Handcrafted Bed
- Velian Bed
- Velian Handcrafted Bed
- Calpheon Bed
- Calpheon Handcrafted Bed
- Mediahn Bed
- Mediahn Handcrafted Bed
- Valencian Bed
- Valencian Handcrafted Bed
- Fixed the issue where the Lynx pet could not perform the action "Sulky" even when they know it.
- Added a warning notice to the description of all Villa invitations that their durations do not stack.
- Fixed the issue where selling expired items at a shop displayed a message saying silver was transferred to your storage.
- Added bonus Gathering EXP when you obtain a Caphras Stone from gathering.
- Additions were made so that you can process the following equipment through Heating and obtain materials.
- Ain Florang
- Materials: Trace of Savagery x1-4, Pure Tin Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Seleth Florang
- Materials: Trace of Death x1-4, Pure Lead Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Kalis Florang
- Material item: Trace of Violence x1-4, Pure Iron Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Bares Florang
- Material item: Trace of Battle x1-4, Pure Platinum Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Yuria Florang
- Material item: Trace of Ascension x1-4, Pure Zinc Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Krea Florang
- Material item: Trace of Despair x1-4, Pure Silver Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Rosar Florang
- Material item: Trace of Memory x1-4, Pure Titanium Crystal x1-4 (obtained by 25% chance)
- Confirmed the issue where, among the Frenzy Draught effects, the Extra AP Against Monsters was applied as +30, different from what is being displayed. Hence changes were made so that +30 effect is correctly displayed and applied, rather than lowering the Extra AP Against Monsters effect to the previously displayed value of +20.
- Fixed the issue where the NPC gifting gave more amity points than intended, which was previously updated to correspond to the item prices of the Central Market.
- Fixed the issue where, within the knowledge details about the Nightmare Fragment, the number of production materials was wrong.
- Fixed the description of the below items where they had repetitive trade information.
- Red Nose's Blade Fragment
- Giath's Mask Fragment
- Bheg's Iron Mace Fragment
- You can now see the appearance of Blackstar weapons in the Dye (J) menu.
However, they are still not available to dye.
Blackstar main weapons were not shown in the Dye menu, so it was difficult to match other gear’s colors with Blackstar weapons.
With this week’s patch, you can now view Blackstar weapons when dyeing other equipment.
- Fixed the issue where the below scrolls had incorrect effects.
- However, please note that these items will be disabled until next week’s maintenance as further measures are being finalized. We will share with you the details of this soon.
- <Combat EXP +100%>
- Effect: Combat EXP +100%
- Duration: 10 Min.
- Cooldown: 10 Min.
- <Skill EXP +50%>
- Effect: Skill EXP +50%
- Duration: 10 Min.
- Cooldown: 10 Min.
- <Combat EXP +10%>
- Effect: Combat EXP +10%
- Duration: 10 Min.
- Cooldown: 10 Min.
- <Skill EXP +5%>
- Effect: Skill EXP +5%
- Duration: 10 Min.
- Cooldown: 10 Min.
- For details on newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here >[www.blackdesertonline.com]!
- Changes were made so that among the buffs you can obtain through Rage Absorption (Common) and Rage Absorption (Innate), the following buffs can be applied simultaneously with the same buffs.
A. Critical Hit Rate +30% buff from Maehwa's General Apricot
B. Critical Hit Rate +35% buff from Maehwa's Rage Absorption (Innate)
The above buffs are displayed as 2 separate icons and both critical hit rate increase buffs from General Apricot and Rage Absorption are stacked.
C. Attack Speed +20% buff from Maehwa's General Apricot
D. Attack Speed +40% buff from Maehwa's Rage Absorption (Innate)
The above buffs are also displayed as 2 separate icons, but Attack Speed buffs are not stacked. Therefore, the higher stat buff, the Attack Speed buff from Rage Absorption, is the only one applied.
With this week's update, the most powerful of the Rage Absorption buffs, crit. increase, was changed to be stackable.
Now when you have a stackable Rage Absorption buff active and you receive another buff with the same effect, an additional icon will be displayed to show it.
However, please note that if you have a non stackable Rage Absorption buff active and you receive another buff with the same effect, you will still see another icon, but the effects will not be stacked.
- Fixed Giath to not display its name during the animation where it rips out of the Dark Rift.
- Fixed the bosses from Dark Rifts to not attack characters under level 55 before being hit.
- Fixed the issue where Red Foot Assassin’s monster underwear was displayed abnormally.
- Doubled the time that it took a monster from the Aakman Temple’s upper area to reappear after dying and placed additional monsters.
- Decreased the number of monsters from some of the Aakman Temple’s lowest areas.
We ran the event that reduced monster respawn rate in Aakman Temple for a few weeks, which many adventurers enjoyed. And last month, we patched each of the “rooms” so that they each have different spawn times and to have similar efficiency in monster hunting. However, some rooms had too many monsters spawning, so we had to tweak either the number of monsters or their respawn times.
Quests & KnowledgeQuest
- The completion NPC for the "[Awakening] Artifacts of the Naga" quest will not disappear right after completing the quest anymore, and the completion dialogue has been fixed to be more natural.
- The body of the naga near the relic at the Extraction Mill will not sink into the ground anymore when you touch it.
- The completion NPC for the "Atonement" quest will not disappear right after completing the quest anymore.
- Content was added to the description of the "Torenandu's Declaration of War" quest to help understand the quest better.
- Navigation path was improved so that you can easily climb the altar for the "[Awakening] Wizard's Altar" quest.
- Quest NPC for the "Leaping Over Rhutums Elites" quest was changed from Elinke Visamin to the soldier standing on the right of Elinke Visamin.
- Updated the quest completion description and quest location for "The Story of the Hero Borne Upon the Winds" quest so you can eavesdrop more easily.
- Quest completion goal and dialogue was changed for the "Encarotia's Signal" quest to make it feel more natural.
- Fixed the quest requirement for some main quests to display the correct information in the Quest List (O).
- Quest completion goal and dialogue was changed for the "Curiosity Becomes Fear" quest to make it feel more natural.
- More Xian Merchant Guild supplies will arrive to help complete "The Emotional Supply" quest.
- Fixed the issue where some quests were shown as requiring knowledge when you go through the Awakening quest of a class you have already acquired Awakening knowledge for.
- If you already have the Awakening knowledge, it will not be displayed as required in the quest list.
- Fixed the issue where you could buy a knowledge that was already bought from an NPC.
- Fixed the issue where Shai's reflections were unnatural in the Pearl Shop (F3).
- Now you cannot click the skip animation button during the animation of equipment enhancement, Caphras enhancement, and Devour.
- Fixed the issue where the message to load temporary customization save file popped up even when you closed the customization (F4) menu.
- Fixed the issue where the scroll bar continued to scroll down when you select screen resolution in the settings.
- Fixed the issue where text was displayed abnormally in the UI when automatically shortened.
- Fixed the issue where font change was not applied to a deleted or a newly created chat window.
- Fixed the issue where the camera did not properly focus when you zoom in to your character's face with the Depth of Field option on in remastered or ultra mode.
- Fixed the issue where the amount of silver you have in the Central Market storage did not display minus numbers between 0 and -1000.
- Added an option in the Knowledge (H) menu to toggle the knowledge information displayed next to monster names.
This can be toggled in the Knowledge (H) menu and is turned off by default.
It is always a pleasant surprise when you acquire S knowledge from monsters you meet everyday. Some even make this their goal to collect all S knowledge. However, it was always a hassle to search the knowledge menu to see what knowledge you have for each of the monsters.
With this week's patch, you can now see them next to the monster's name. However, since it could be misunderstood by new players as the monster's grade or level, the feature is turned off by default.
- Added a bookmark feature to the Adventure Log.
- Each page of the log can be bookmarked. Simply click to activate it after opening up a log.
- The log opens to the bookmarked page.
- Only one page per log can be bookmarked.
- New level up information menu was added.
- This window shows your increased HP, skill resource, weight, learned skill, and learnable skills.
- The level up information window can be hidden by pressing the ESC key.
- The window is closed when you press the X button on the top right of the window.
- Toggle to hide/show the level up window with the button on the left of the information window.
- Added a button in the old and new ESC menu that links you to the official website homepage.
- Pressing the button will open the official homepage on a web browser.
- Fixed the issue where the Mirumok Ruins Entrance was displayed unnaturally in the minimap.
- Fixed the issue where the hotkey was displayed abnormally when checking the quest summary of ‘Profitable Information’ in the minimap.
- Changes were made so that the warning message of any nearby strong monster is not displayed before level 10.
- Fixed the issue where the Knowledge (Ecology) On/Off UI went upwards when entering the Knowledge (H) Window.
- Party/platoon members and guild members now have different icons displayed on the minimap.
- Fixed the issue where it was difficult to click the scroll button in the level up information window.
- Fixed the issue where incorrect text was displayed when joining a platoon.
- Fixed some of the terrain of parts of the Altar of Blood.
- Fixed the issue where bosses of the Altar of Blood continued attacks against players behind walls and did not deal any damage to them.
Reach us on the »forums«[community.blackdesertonline.com]
to share your feedback, opinions, and suggestions.