Altar of Blood awaits to be conquered by the fiercest adventures! In this new game mode,
players must protect a relic from monsters and bosses appearing every stage. Come to the
Altar of Blood and show'em who's boss!
On the other hand, the Buff UI will be revamped in order to make clearer what is going on
during a battle, and Cron Meals have been improved to make our adventures even stronger!
Keep reading to know the rest of the details of this patch. Enjoy!
Event & SystemNew Events
- Altar of Blood Awaits!
- Event Period: July 10 (after maintenance) - July 24 (before maintenance)
- During the event period, take part in the series of events prepared to celebrate the release of Altar of Blood!
- Click < Here >[www.blackdesertonline.com] to find out all the details!
- Black Spirit’s Adventure 1 is back!
- Event Period: July 10 (after maintenance) - July 31 (before maintenance)
- Monster Zone Event
- Event Period: July 10 (after maintenance) - July 24 (before maintenance)
- The monsters from the regions below will now reappear twice as fast after they die.
- Mediah: Shultz Guard Post, Hasrah Ancient Ruins, Manes Hideout, Wandering Rogue Den
- Kamasylvia: Forest Ronaros, Polly’s Forest, Navarn Steppe
- Valencia: Bashim Base, Basilisk Den, Roud Sulfur Mine, Titium Valley, Cadry Ruins, Waragon Nest, Centaurus Herd, Pila Ku Jail
- Drieghan: Tshira Ruins, Blood Wolf Settlement, Sherekhan Necropolis (Day)
- Other: Protty Cave, Sycraia Underwater Ruins (Upper zone)
- Shai Release Events
- Community Event: Art of Thrones
- Start of an Amazing Summer Challenge
- Customize & Win (for Shai)
- Winners have been announced < Here >[community.blackdesertonline.com].
- Rewards have been sent out to all winners during maintenance.
- Community Event: Art of Thrones
- Winners have been announced < Here >[community.blackdesertonline.com].
- Rewards have been sent out to all winners during maintenance.
- If you are the winner of a physical reward, please keep an eye on your email!
- Global Donkey Reward
- Event-related announcement will be published at a later date.
- Event reward will be distributed during July 17th regular maintenance.
Altar of Blood
- Altar of Blood was added.
As announced at the Heidel Ball, Altar of Blood is a 3 player party defense mode.
After its introduction at the Global Lab, many adventurers gave various feedback on the Altar of Blood. Many found the use of their own characters and skills to be positive, which allowed for a variety of co-op strategies.
There were also feedback on the difficulty of the mode, questions on what will happen to the Altar of Training, and many others. We will continue to better the mode based on the precious feedback you send our way.
We plan to add a more variety of PVE content, like the Altar of Blood. Currently, one of the only places where you can make use of a fully geared character is out in the field fighting monsters. We aim to add more places for you to feel the satisfaction of making use of your hard earned gear.
- According to records, the Altar of Blood is where sacrificial rituals to Kzarka were performed in ancient times, but was never seen again after it was sealed with the Gem of Balance.
- However, Yaz and Orwen of the Secret Guards discovered the last traces of Caphras, the immortal alchemist, in the rubble of a house in Star's End, which in turn led to the uncovering of the secret altar that was hidden within the ash fog of the Blackstar.
- You can enter the Altar of Blood after completing the "[Lv. 56] The Altar of Blood at Star's End" quest line from the Black Spirit with a character at or above level 56.
- (You can find the quest in the suggested quests from the Black Spirit after activating the Combat quest filter)
Altar of Blood Rules
- The Altar of Blood is a 3 player party mode where you need to coordinate with each other to defend the relic from monsters charging in from all directions.
- You can also enter the Altar of Blood through matchmaking, which will match you with other random players on the same server.
- In order to join the Altar of Blood without forming a party beforehand, simply click on the button in the ESC menu or pop-up banner to enter the Altar of Blood and you will be randomly matched into a party with 2 other adventurers.
- Please note there may be some waiting time for you to be matched into a party.
Altar of Blood Rewards
- The party leader can press the Enter button in the ESC menu to enter the Altar of Blood.
- Party leader may be changed depending on the order of entrance (you can appoint party leader to anyone after entering the altar).
- After entry, the party leader can choose which stage to start with.
- You cannot exit the party in the Altar of Blood. (If you are forced to leave the party due to disconnection, you will exit the Altar of Blood).
- When the party leader chooses the stage, 100 Energy is consumed and an NPC will appear.
- Talk to the NPC in the middle to activate the blood relic, which will consume 20 additional Energy.
- Upon activation, monsters will appear and attack the relic and your party must defend it.
- Note that you will take massive damage when you venture too close to the Black Portals.
- You can resurrect only via the resurrection skill of Witch/Wizard or the Medical Kit if you die in the Altar of Blood.
- All character HP will recover and all dead characters will be resurrected when the boss is defeated.
- Once the boss appears, the relic can no longer be damaged.
- Defeating a boss will grant you the knowledge of the cleared illusion, which you need to progress to the next one.
- When all three players die, the illusion stage is considered a failure and reset with all monsters gone and players are resurrected with full HP. Here, the party leader will see the menu to choose the stage.
- You cannot use the Campsite, Maid/Butler, World Map, Quest UI, nor the Minimap UI in the Altar of Blood.
- You cannot gain any Combat EXP nor Skill EXP by defeating monsters in the Altar of Blood.
- Item Drop Amount/Rate Increase effects are not applied in the Altar of Blood.
- With this week's release, you can progress up to the 10th illusion. Once you clear the 10th illusion, you will automatically exit the Altar of Blood. More stages will be added with future updates.
- You can acquire the corresponding Heritage of the Forgotten by defeating the bosses of each of the illusions.
- You have a very low chance to acquire the following defense gear boxes by using the Heritage of the Forgotten.
- The type of item you receive depends on the grade of the defense gear box.
- You can obtain better items the higher the stage you clear.
- New Altar of Blood exclusive items were added.
- Flare of the Ancients, Dim Origin of Clear Water, Dim Origin of the Crimson Flame, and Dim Origin of Earth.
- Flare of the Ancients is effective only in the Altar of Blood.
- All monsters within range will be stunned when the Flare of the Ancients is used.
- Certain monsters or boss monsters of each stage are immune to Stun effect.
- Added the Altar of Blood rankings page.
- Added the Altar of Blood rankings menu.
- Old Menu: Bottom of the ESC menu
- New Menu: Community tab of the ESC Menu
- 10 new Altar of Blood challenges were added.
- Altar of Blood challenges can be completed once per family.
- Following rewards will be available from the Challenge menu when you reconnect with your character after you defeat and obtain knowledge about boss monsters from the Altar of Blood.
- If you failed an illusion at the Altar of Blood, you can retry.
- A window will pop up with the option to retry the illusion after failing.
- The retry window cannot be opened once you cancel the retry option.
- You need a "Nightmare Fragment" to retry.
- Retry can only be done by the party leader.
- Added "Nightmare Fragment", which you can use to retry a failed illusion.
- If you fail to clear an illusion of the Altar of Blood while holding "Nightmare Fragments", you can consume them to restart at the illusion stage you were on.
- For more, please click on the Altar of Blood WIKI < Here >[wiki.blackdesertonline.com].
- Unfortunately the WIKI is available only in English at this time.
- Fixed changing server as a party to maintain the party leader on the same player.
- The default options of Game Setting and World Map (M) was changed.
- [Game Setting]
- General Trade OFF
- Imperial Trade OFF
- Others' Loot/Dream Horse OFF
- Others' Life Level OFF
- Enhancement Success OFF
- Enhancement Fail OFF
- Guild Members Login ON
- [World Map] General Information Filter
- Direction Information OFF
- Trade OFF
- Transportation OFF
- Dark Rift Information OFF
- Chat of the player who is blocked will now be displayed as "*" if their previous chat remains in the chat window.
- Fixed the issue where pet actions were not saved.
- A newly created family can only register Pearl items to the Central Market 3 days after creating their account.
- NPC gifting was temporarily disabled.
- For details please check the forum announcement < Here >[community.blackdesertonline.com].
Game World, NPC & EffectsGame World
- Fixed the graphical issue of the bushes near the Loopy Tree Forest.
- Fixed the issue where some parts of the Great Desert of Valencia were displayed as Peyon Sea.
- Boltz of Calpheon was fixed to act more naturally to fit his environment.
- Changed the condition to talk to Vitheons Belucci at the Calpheon College to first meet with Siena Volaire.
- Exchange information for the Dew of Tranquil Forest was added to Herbin.
- Fixed the issue where you sometimes could not move on a mount after disabling underwear view mode.
- Fixed the issue where you could not get off your mount and instead interact with the nearby NPC by pressing R while on a mount.
- Now you can press S+R to get off the mount and not interact with an NPC.
- Wild horses can only use this function after it is registered at a stable.
When we announced that we would add the function to interact with NPCs while on mounts, many adventurers welcomed the idea.
However, after implementing the function, we received numerous feedback that it is difficult to maneuver mounts when the get on/off mount and the interact key are the same.
To resolve this issue and maintain the intention of the patch, we decided to add a command for getting off the mount.
We thank every one of you who gave us feedback on this.
- Fixed the issue where you could no longer call your wagon once you activate a Trainer’s Flute.
Class ChangesAll Classes
- Fixed the issue where the sound effect for stopping near water was played too loud.
- Reduced the amount of splashing when stopping near water.
- Evasive Shot I was changed to not be lockable.
- Fixed the graphical issue of Spring Blossom Clothes where you could see the underwear when you equip the Priyah Bikini afterwards.
- Fixed the issue where you went into main weapon mode instead of awakening weapon mode by clicking LMB while moving either left/right or back during non-combat awakening weapon mode.
- Fixed the graphical issue of Tyrie Armor where you could see the underwear.
- Changed the action of switching to main weapon mode when you press TAB while stopping from a run in non-combat mode.
- Fixed the issue where stamina did not recover after initial stamina drain for using Boss Slaughter.
- Fixed the issue where you would shift to awakening weapon mode on the spot even when pressing directional keys + C during Ninjutsu: Oni Shadow.
- Fixed the first air attack and second down attack of Wheel of Wrath to work as intended.
- Changed Wheel of Wrath to instantly activate up to its second attack.
- Added monster pull to Chain Crash: Sah Chakram on good hit.
- Added DP reduction to Halo on good hit.
- Changed the skill chain to be more fluid when using Flow: Chakram Rise and then Wheel of Wrath.
- Added the following controls to Flow: Wrath.
- LMB after Flow: Indignation
- LMB after Danse Macabre
- Added the following controls to Flow: Indignation.
- RMB after Flow: Wrath
- RMB after Danse Macabre
- Changed the third attack of Lunatic Discus to be wider and to attack forward for a more concentrated effect.
- Changed pressing RMB+LMB to activate the LMB skill first.
- Fixed the issue where the horizontal slash of Sah Chakram Training did not hit as many times as intended.
- Fixed the issue where Lethal Spin Spree hit less depending on the direction used.
- Added LMB hold attack to Lethal Spin Spree where you spin twice (4 hits per spin).
- Changed Lunar of Delighted Blast to have 100% critical hit on hit during PVE.
- Increased the damage of Sah Spree of Sonan during PVE when not in cooldown.
- 572% x3, Max 4 hits >> 714% x3, Max 4 hits
- 676% x3, Max 4 hits >> 854% x3, Max 4 hits
- 771% x3, Max 4 hits >> 994% x3, Max 4 hits
- 863% x3, Max 4 hits >> 1134% x3, Max 4 hits
- Fixed the issue where you would shift to awakening weapon mode on the spot even when pressing directional keys + C during Ninjutsu: Oni Shadow and Ninjutsu: Sinew Cut.
- Fixed pressing C after Ninjutsu: Heart Snatch to correctly shift to awakening weapon while moving backwards.
- Fixed the abnormal camera zoom when sometimes selecting the face in customization of the Beauty (F4) menu.
This week's Kunoichi update is based on the feedback you gave us, improving skill combos to increase efficiency in both PvE and PvP situations. Of course, we could've just increased the damage of each skill, but we decided it would be better in the long run to help players better their playability instead. We will continue to monitor collected data to adjust the stats and hope that this will be meaningful to Kunoichi players.
And of course, we will continue to adjust the balance of other characters as well.
- Fixed the descriptions of Rage Hammer III, IV, and V where the hits of the skills were all x3.
- Fixed the issue where the left end of the Syahzar Costume was not dyed.
- Fixed the Syazhar helmet to not overlap with the character's hair.
- Fixed the issue where the hands were unnatural when equipped with the Syahzar Gauntlets.
- Fixed the issue where the hands were unnatural in combat stance when equipped with the Syahzar Apparel.
- Fixed the issue where the Stamina of Sprint was drained even when the buff of Stately Dignity is in effect when jumping after using Stately Dignity, then Sprint.
- Fixed the issue where Exhale's effect sometimes did not work during awakening mode.
- Fixed the issue where Winged Strike, Tactical Strike, and Ra'ghon's Spirit were not triggered during both awakening and non-awakening mode when using Exhale while moving left or right and then chaining with Glissade or Ravenous Talon.
- Fixed the issue where the effects of Cheer Up! and Get Well were not applied to party or platoon members during fights against world bosses.
- Added animations for when NPCs and other adventurers bump into you while you stand still.
- Directional changes when sprinting, by pressing Shift or RMB, during auto move is now more fluid.
- Now you can get right on your mount while moving forward (W) in combat mode.
- Changed the graphic effect of when Shai has all Florin leaf energy available for use.
- Fixed the issue where Come Out, Come Out sometimes could not find concealed enemy adventurers.
- Fixed the Fighting Spirit social action's smile to be more natural.
- Fixed the issue so that the customized hairstyle will no longer be applied when wearing Whimsical Alchemist Hat .
- Fixed the issue where the first dye slot was not properly applied when equipped with the Whimsical Alchemist apparel.
- Fixed the issue where you sometimes stopped during Repeat Drawing Water.
- Updated 12/07 The minimum rank for Guild Storage withdrawal was changed to Quartermaster or up.
- (Storing items in the Guild Storage does not depend on rank)
- Updated 12/07 Fixed the description of all guild items to display that guild storage withdrawal requires a rank of Quartermaster or higher.
- Fixed the description of Trainer's Flute to reflect its name change from Horse Flute.
- Altar of Blood related items were added to Crafting Notes
- Flare of the Ancients, Dim Origin of Clear Water, Dim Origin of the Crimson Flame, Dim Origin of Earth, Nightmare’s Fragment
- Shai's costumes were added to some of the costume boxes.
- Costume boxes with Shai costumes can be checked with the box class descriptions.
- Description for some costume boxes were changed to the below.
- Before: RMB to obtain items suitable for your class.
- After: RMB to obtain a skin suitable for your class.
- The following items can now be dyed.
- [Shai] Splat Fisher's Hat (7 Days)
- [Shai] Splat Fisher's Clothes (7 Days)
- Fixed the issue where you could not repair the Alchemy Stone.
- The effect of all versions of Extra Life EXP Scroll was changed from +10% to +50%.
- Fixed the issue where the character's hair was abnormal in certain situations when equipped with items that change in different conditions.
- The following Cron Meals were improved.
- ※ This improvement also applies to the following Cron Meals.
- [Battlefield] Exquisite Cron Meal
- [Event] Exquisite Cron Meal
- [Event] Energizing Cron Meal
- [Event] Simple Cron Meal.
The Cron Meals were added as a higher class food items to lessen the hassle of using multiple items at a time. However, many adventurers did not use them because their effects were not better than using multiple items. To resolve this, we've improved the effects of the meals to fit their intended use.
- Health EXP from all Cron Meals was increased.
- Campsite buffs purchasable from campsite shops are now combined into one.
- [Camp] Ancient Grindstone, [Camp] Combat Technique, [Camp] Desert Adaptation
- → Combined to [Camp] Adventurer's Confidence.
- [Camp] Adventurer's Confidence's buff effect now lasts 90 minutes.
- [Camp] Adventurer's Confidence can be purchased from campsite shops for 1 million Silver.
- Fixed the issue where using Armstrong's or Cliff's guide for skill add-on sometimes erased the effects of some set items.
- Crafting Notes for the following Altar of Blood items were added.
- Flare of the Ancients
- Dim Origin of Clear Water
- Dim Origin of Crimson Flame
- Dim Origin of Earth
- Nightmare Fragment
- For details on newly added Pearl Shop Update, please click < Here >[www.blackdesertonline.com]!
- Optimized the game to lessen lag when a World Boss appears.
Quests & KnowledgeQuest
- Changed the text displayed when you try to interact at the top of Cron Castle without the quest item during the "Memorial Service for the Fallen People" quest.
- It now says you can get the quest item again from the same NPC.
- Changed the Mad Wolf summoned during the "Do or Die" quest to not summon baby wolves.
- The Ghost of Ash Forest sensed something more powerful coming to Ash Forest and moved to a nearby location.
- The quest area of the "Breath of the Ashen Dead" quest was changed to reflect the above.
- Fixed the issue where the Black Spirit was automatically summoned after completing the "Human Calculator" quest.
- Fixed the issue where a player who chose the option B during the crossroads quest had to talk to Geoffrey Erne after completing "The Gift of Calpheon" quest instead of being able to accept the "Encarotia's Signal" quest right away.
- Players who chose option B can accept the next quest just like those who chose options A and C.
- Arenda of Shakatu will now remember all the amity you've accumulated through her quest line even when she becomes younger.
- A new quest "Arenda's Gratitude" was added with amity points as reward.
- Added knowledge of Herbin, who exchanges Dew of Tranquil Forest for Asula's Weakened Magic accessories.
- With the revamp of Mediah quests, the following knowledges are now obtainable.
- You can receive knowledges from the below NPCs by talking to them even if you’ve already completed the quests.
- All adventurers who have not completed the above quests will receive the knowledges as rewards when you complete them.
- The knowledge "Imagery of the Black Spirit" can be acquired from Ahon Kirus of Tarif at 10 energy.
- Fixed the issue where the changed hotkey for SPACE did not change during fishing.
- Fixed the garden information text on the World Map (M) to not overlap.
- Fixed the issue where the movable UI got stuck during UI edit when they overlap with an unmovable UI.
- Fixed the issue where the camera perspective was unnatural in character customization during character creation.
- Fixed the issue where the class icon and the character portrait was too close in the end game menu.
- Added sort function to the Web Central Market's item list.
- Fixed the issue where pressing the Up arrow key in Whisper mode would cycle through received whispers instead of only sent messages.
- Fixed the issue where amity was displayed abnormally when checking quest rewards.
- Fixed the issue where the Pearl Shop (F3) was opened during the tutorial cut scene.
- You will now be directed to the Pearl Box tab if you do not have enough Pearls during purchase.
- You will now be directed to Kakao Cash purchase if you do not have enough Kakao Cash during purchase.
- Fixed the crystal information during crystal extraction to be displayed within the UI.
- Fixed the Alchemy Stone to be greyed out during equipment repair with NPCs.
- Fixed the issue where the Wooden Fence was displayed as unknown on the list of installed items of Node/Conquest War forts on the World Map (M).
- Fixed the issue where the information on My Information (P) and Inventory (I) was not displayed properly when the [Combat] Trina Demolition Axe is used.
- Fixed the warning message "HP is lower than 20%." to not be repeatedly displayed.
- Changed the Central Market's main category to display items registered by most number of items when you open the menu.
- Previous portrait will still be displayed even if you delete the portrait file and reconnect to the game.
- A warning message will now be displayed when you receive a mail with an item that has a limited time for use.
- The buff list was revamped to be more intuitive.
- The following buffs are now combined into one icon.
- Awakening buffs of all characters
- Warrior - Executioner
- Ranger: Guardian (Sprint buff is displayed separately)
- Sorceress - Grim Reaper
- Berserker - Titan Syndrome (Movement speed increase buff is displayed separately)
- Tamer - Heilang: Berserk
- Musa - Musa's Soul
- Valkyrie - Noble Spirit
- Witch - Psyche of Aad Sphera (Ally effect is also displayed as one)
- Wizard - Controlled Madness (Ally effect is also displayed as one)
- Maehwa - General Apricot
- Ninja - Asura
- Kunoichi - Crimson Eclipse
- Dark Knight - Overlord
- Striker - Descent of Fury
- Mystic - Dragonize
- Lahn - Annihilator
- Archer - Watcher
- Although the above buffs are displayed as one icon, each effect will be applied separately. If you receive a buff that is equal to or better than the above buffs, a new icon will be displayed with the awakening buff icon.
- Apart from awakening buffs, if a higher rank buff is applied over an existing buff, the higher rank buff's icon is displayed and its effect will replace the former buff.
- [Villa] Wisdom of Life
- [Villa] Skill and Experience
- [Villa] Body Enhancement
- Diné: Earth of Life, Earth of Protection
So far, the buff list was just divided into buffs and debuffs, which was difficult to read when there were too many. Many of you requested this improved and we promised we would do so at the Heidel Ball.
Now the buff list is divided into three parts; buffs given by items, buffs cast by characters, and debuffs. Also, buffs that can be combined into a group, such as Cron Meals, will be displayed as a single icon. For instance, Warrior's Executioner previously created 7 icons, but will now be displayed as a single Executioner icon.
- We are aware of the issue that Shai cannot receive one of the Black Spirit's Gift (Inventory Slot and Black Stones) quests when selecting A ([Crossroad] The Lamenting Head of the League of Merchants) and C ([Crossroad] Each of Their Reasons) for the main crossroad quest. This will be fixed in next week’s patch.
- We are aware of the issue where Guild Elephants cannot be called while having a Trainer's Flute activated. We will have this fixed with an upcoming patch.
- We are aware of the issue where the name, effect, and description of the following items are displayed incorrectly.
- Skill EXP +50%
- Combat EXP +100%
- These items are temporarily disabled and will be fixed with next week's patch.
Reach us on the »forums«[community.blackdesertonline.com] to share your feedback, opinions, and suggestions.