Heroine Prologues Update
After a few hiccups, we are pleased to announced the release of our Heroine Prologues Update for Lucid9. In it, you will find:
- The addition of "Heroine Prologues", scenes that will act as the beginning story for each heroine's route, narrated from their own PIV. This content will appear on the start screen once the game has been completed the first time.
- A mysterious "UNDO" option which replaces the START button in the main menu (it will lead you to the prologues).
- Updated artwork for a number of returning characters as well as artwork for new characters joining the cast.
- Minor text and grammar issues have also been fixed.
- Between 1 and 2 hours of new content, a sneak-peek of what's to come!
Issue With Old Saves
Last week, we briefly pushed this update, only to find out people were having trouble loading their old saves, as it would pop up an error before returning them to the beginning of the game.
We found out this was due to Lucid9: Inciting Incident using an older version of our engine, Ren'py, than what we have been using to develop the rest of the game. This was an unexpected problem on our part, and we apologize. Sadly, we couldn't find an easy fix to this problem without undoing months of work in the game's code.
Which is why we eventually came up with an alternative solution: older saves made in Lucid9: Inciting Incident prior to this update will automatically go through a "compatibility fix". If you load one of these saves, you won't be loaded in the exact spot as you were before, but rather the beginning of the Day / Chapter in which the save was made
. This will only happen once
, after which you'll be able to save and load normally.
We apologize, as this will certainly be inconvenient for some our players, but we of Fallen Snow Studios ultimately decided this was the best solution to ensure development going forward is as smooth as possible. Again, we are sorry, and we promise this will not happen again.
Thank you for your patience and continuous support, and we hope you enjoy this new addition to the story!