The V1.4 update went out recently, and a number of you started experiencing an odd crash when loading some games. Thanks to everyone who sent in crash reports, and to one person in particular who figured out that it only happened when he traded with an alien race for a race-specific technology. We've tracked down this and several other problems with the latest mission and previous missions. Full patch notes below:
- Solved the Load Game crashes a number of you experienced. Your old save games should function normally again, so you can return to them.
- Fixed a serious bug with the latest Starforged mission that could cause the Starbase not to unlock, blocking mission progress. This happened if you picked a certain option in the preceding conversation, so not everyone will have been affected by it.
- Reduced the size of the starbase models in the UI to make the buttons look better in different aspect ratios.
- Fixed a bug with the Starforged story mission where the Efficiency Bonus Objectives could sometimes start ticked and show -1 turns remaining.
- Fixed a number of mission objective dropdowns where the text was longer than the box allowed.
- Fixed several bugs where completing two mission objectives on the same turn might not advance the mission immediately.
- Fixed one of the bonus objectives in the Starforged mission being mandatory
- The Starforged mission now clarifies that you need to research Support Centre and other technologies when another part of the mission is to use them.
- Fixed a bug with the Kazzir mission that caused one of the mission stages not to activate. This could cause the second stage of the mission to complete with one objective still to go.
-- Brendan, Lead Developer