WoogieMonsutā 3. juni 2013 kl. 21:42
Is nobody else offended as hell about this?
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq
The Steam Level is a quick way for users to see how much someone has invested in their Steam account, and how valuable that user is to the rest of the Steam Community.
So you are telling me that the thousands of dollars I've spent building my Library, and the countless number of people in the community that I've helped with problems, made mods for, and helped troubleshoot their computers all mean nothing... and the thing that actually measures a users worth, is a some dumbass badges that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Seriously Steam, what the ♥♥♥♥?
Sidst redigeret af WoogieMonsutā; 3. juni 2013 kl. 21:44
< >
Viser 1-15 af 37 kommentarer
First world problems.
Keats 3. juni 2013 kl. 21:52 
you're taking it much much too seriously
76561198011894704 3. juni 2013 kl. 22:19 
I see what your issue is. . .its not about these levels or badges or anything. You're pissed off because they said "how VALUABLE that user is to the rest of the Steam Community" right? Don't worry buddy you don't need some BS levels to reassure you about how much you're worth right?
Sidst redigeret af Richard Nixon; 3. juni 2013 kl. 22:20
Charlie Milkshake 4. juni 2013 kl. 0:13 
I hadn't used this account in 5 years and I was automatically level six just for having created it 8 years ago. Do you feel more special now? Maybe you're just overly sensitive LMAO.
[LOCC] RB 4. juni 2013 kl. 0:16 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Charlie Milksteak:
I hadn't used this account in 5 years and I was automatically level six just for having created it 8 years ago. Do you feel more special now? Maybe you're just overly sensitive LMAO.

LOOOOL ahaha!!! xD
infektedpc 4. juni 2013 kl. 0:31 
Lol
It's just to get people to use community features they otherwise wouldn't. It managed to drag me back to the discussions and, briefly, Greenlight. So it at least worked on me.

Besides, the levels measure your worth to the community. If you talk to no one, post no screenshots, and essentially contribute nothing to the community; then it doesn't matter whether you have 5 games or 500.
Sidst redigeret af Midnight Carnival Snack; 4. juni 2013 kl. 1:05
Wowee 4. juni 2013 kl. 1:35 
I don't care about the levels, but the whole Steam Trading Card thing is kinda dumb and childish.
That Guy 4. juni 2013 kl. 2:01 
valve just panicked because of origin and did something to try to keep people playing steam games. dont take it personaly .

well that and they got people to participate in a beta
Wolfman-RIP 4. juni 2013 kl. 2:18 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Uncle Cookie:
The Steam Level is a quick way for users to see how much someone has invested in their Steam account, and how valuable that user is to the rest of the Steam Community.
So you are telling me that the thousands of dollars I've spent building my Library, and the countless number of people in the community that I've helped with problems, made mods for, and helped troubleshoot their computers all mean nothing... and the thing that actually measures a users worth, is a some dumbass badges that have absolutely nothing to do with anything.

What i get from that quote.

Buy $3000 worth of steam games = Not valued by Valve / Steam community and get locked out of features

Spend $30 on cards = Highly valued to Valve and the community and get lots of new features

Complete hundreds of achievements on your games = worth nothing in profile exp
Idle on a games start screen or Tf2 trader = get profile exp from cards

They way they have handled profile level, their wording of it and the features attached is insulting to myself and others i have spoken to about it. The only people i have seen defending it tend to be TF 2 traders and people who were already playing the market.

Each badge has 5 levels yet buying the complete game only gains you half the cards needed for 1 level. That's 1/10 of the cards required. This means the ONLY way to increase profile experience and complete over 1/5th of the badges on your account is to eventually spend money on cards or on games you can trade for cards. The entire system is geared towards spending money in the market place. You can't trade for the cards you need with nothing. You have to spend money to gain something somebody else wants. The whole "trade cards you don't want from another game" is a complete crock.

You would think Valve would reward or even consider people who have spent hundreds to thousands on their steam games when it comes to a GAMING profile level and features but no. You would think achievement hunters would get a bone thrown to them too since even microsoft increases their profile scores based on achievements completed but no they get no experience or card rewards.

If they go live with this card thing as it is myself and the vast majority of people i know on steam won't even touch it due to the conserns layed out in my post.
Pirate☠️Pocah 4. juni 2013 kl. 3:17 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Uncle Cookie:

Completely agree. But unfortunately I think we are in the minority. Most people are taken by the bright lights and Steam spam.
Dreakon13 4. juni 2013 kl. 3:45 
Oprindeligt skrevet af (N☆G) Pocahawtness:
Completely agree. But unfortunately I think we are in the minority. Most people are taken by the bright lights and Steam spam.
Not sure if serious?

Way to be level 24, and have every card and every badge for every game that offers them.
Sidst redigeret af Dreakon13; 4. juni 2013 kl. 3:47
Pirate☠️Pocah 4. juni 2013 kl. 3:53 
Oprindeligt skrevet af Dreakon:
Oprindeligt skrevet af (N☆G) Pocahawtness:
Not sure if serious?

Way to be level 24, and have every card and every badge for every game that offers them.

I am serious. I don't like the new profile and I don't like the trading system or level system. But there seems little point in boycotting it or ignoring it. It's here to stay.
I have been experimenting with it. Playing with photoshop and making backgrounds and so on. Trading cards. I wanted to give the system a good try, and there are some aspects of it that I like. The badges are cool, so are the new backgrounds. But I don't like the way that the badges are obtained. I don't like the other things that have happened to the profile. Overall it's bright and blingy but the truth is that it wears off very fast and I miss my old profile now.

BigKahuna 4. juni 2013 kl. 5:51 
Kind of undecided on the whole cards and badges thing, but I do think the profile section has been in need of a much improved upgrade so I was glad to see that. As far as offended - not at all... its just videos games and a virtual world or community - relax and do not take things seriously. In the end, what really matters will truly be reflected.
It's just video games.. relax.
< >
Viser 1-15 af 37 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 3. juni 2013 kl. 21:42