Este tópico foi trancado
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 13:45
Deleted posts
Anyone else having an issue with posts being deleted?
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 18
Frightman 4/fev./2013 às 14:13 
Yes, once one of my threads was deleted.

By the way, if you take a look at the Discussions forum, you can see that over 400 threads have been deleted. May be that case.
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 14:22 
Where did you get the info on 400 threads being deleted?
Escrito originalmente por GALM_:
Yes, once one of my threads was deleted.

By the way, if you take a look at the Discussions forum, you can see that over 400 threads have been deleted. May be that case.
Frightman 4/fev./2013 às 14:23 
I didn't. If you saw the Discussion two weeks ago, there was about 1350 threads.
Spawn of Totoro 4/fev./2013 às 14:30 
Threads also "fall off" after a period of time.
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 14:36 
I posted something today (a few hours ago). There's no way it fell off in that time frame.
Escrito originalmente por Spawn of Totoro:
Threads also "fall off" after a period of time.
Frightman 4/fev./2013 às 14:37 
Did you post something immature or rude then?
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 14:38 
Nope. I'm scrupulous when it comes to posting on here. I make sure that anything I say is well within the rules.
Escrito originalmente por GALM_:
Did you post something immature or rude then?
Frightman 4/fev./2013 às 14:39 
What thread was it then? Someone may have quoted you, or less, the thread wasn't of the forums' standard.
al  [desenvolvedor(a)] 4/fev./2013 às 14:44 
Advertising is against the rules.
al  [desenvolvedor(a)] 4/fev./2013 às 14:48 
The rule concerns advertising in general, not linking specifically.
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 14:54 
There are postings within the Steam Community forum everyday of new game sales on other sites. People are constantly referring to Green Man Gaming, Amazon, GameFly, EA Store, etc etc. How is this a violation? The only thing not allowed is a referral link. I made sure not to include one so I fail to see how I broke a rule.

On a not unrelated note, is it not common practice (and quite possibly a rule) to let people know why a post is deleted? It would help so that you don't constantly have people making the same mistake. It would also conveniently reduce work on your end when it comes to managing issues like this.

Escrito originalmente por al:
Advertising is against the rules.
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 14:57 
I'm not sure that I'm understanding right. Are you saying that anyone that comments within the forums is not allowed to tell people of a recent sale on another site? I'm not understanding what the difference is then between my posting of a lot of deals (not game specific), and anyone else that says there's a game on green man gaming. There were posts every day during the holiday sale like this, and none of them were removed.

The rule concerns advertising in general, not linking specifically.
al  [desenvolvedor(a)] 4/fev./2013 às 15:04 
Usually we let the sales stuff slide because people have good intentions and aren't personally profiting off sending people to other sites. Advertising personal blogs, community groups, youtube channels, etc are different in that the user has a personal stake, and there'd would be a lot of spam if we didn't delete those posts.
ProfZeroo 4/fev./2013 às 15:12 
That partially explains it. Essentially, what you're saying is I can't send people to a blog, youtube channel, etc. via the forum. Is that right?
Usually we let the sales stuff slide because people have good intentions and aren't personally profiting off sending people to other sites. Advertising personal blogs, community groups, youtube channels, etc are different in that the user has a personal stake, and there'd would be a lot of spam if we didn't delete those posts.
Silicon Vampire 4/fev./2013 às 15:23 
Escrito originalmente por BLACK ZERO.לאומש:
That partially explains it. Essentially, what you're saying is I can't send people to a blog, youtube channel, etc. via the forum. Is that right?

If it were allowed, you'd have to wade through pages of those threads to find anything else.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 18
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 4/fev./2013 às 13:45