Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam Community > Подробности темы
I love how Valve develope steam
Adding the new profile page options, shows how Valve cares about every single it makes, and how it loves the community. Am I right?
< >
Сообщения 113 из 13
A False Shephard will give you a false answer ( Love that DLC by the way ^^ )
Автор сообщения: False Shepherd
no
Making our community profiles show what games we've played recently in huge boxes making them look rather similar to adverts in order to get those few more sales. Yeah, certainly looks like Valve loves the community a lot.
I often feel like some of the parts of Valve don't know what the other parts are doing. I really do believe that they love their community, but I also think they might employ some people (especially in marketing) that may be better at marketing than showing compassion.
I hate how Valve develops Steam. Its slow, uses closed protocols for chat, bloated, unoptomized, and that goes double for Big Picture mode, not to mention lack of an open API.

But hey, its better than UPlay or Origin.
Well, Valve found how DRM works: by adding value instead of taking. Steam's been restrictive since day 1 (second hand market, anyone?), but I don't give a buck. Too much value is added and I'll never go back to DVDs.
i wish steam uses a bit faster engine :yay:
Автор сообщения: Vondur

well, now is better than the first time i istalled it, 8 years ago it was really slow!!!
Автор сообщения: Vondur

I wish Steam would be rewrtten in Qt and QML (A open source UI library).. :cry: Imagine QtSteam.. That'd be awesome. consistent UI across OSes, an OS optimized UI (You should see the POS Steam is on Linux and OSX. VGUI in general is bloated and ugly because it grew from old code, way back when Steam first was released.). If Steam used Qt for its UI, it would be much faster. Big Picture would probably be harder to port to Qt and QML, but it can be left alone. Of course, its possible to port to Qt, it would just be more difficult.

Besides that, I'd like to see Steam switch it's chat protocol to XMPP (XML-based chat protocol). Its an open format, fast, and probably more efficient. That way, you don't need to have the Steam client open to chat, and they can even add support to other chats that utilize or expose to XMPP, i.e. Google Talk, Facebook etc..

This, lastly, might be an unreasonable request, but I'd love to see a restricted Steamworks API, as well as a profile API. For example, if I'm watching Game of Thrones on XBMC, It would be possible to make it show "Ron is now watching Game of Thrones"

As for Steamworks, wouldn't it be great if there's an open, however, would probably be best to restrict it, API for achievements? Like, we could mod Minecraft to allow Steamworks achievements. ATM, Steamworks requires a NDA, I assume, and you have to put up with the flak that comes with Steam distribution. Wouldn't it be awesome, if, for example, you could link Xbox or PS3 achievements to Steam? But alas, this reduces profit for Valve..

However, the first 2 requests regarding Qt and XMPP are not unreasonable and I believe are completely within the skills of Valve's developers.

As well, I think the Steam website itself requires a redesign. Hopefully with some new HTML5, CSS3 and JavaScript techniques that could allow custom skins.

tl;dr : I wish Steam uses better UI and Chat APIs.

Отредактировано chyyran; 20 мая. 2013 г. в 13:39
I'd wish Steam would lose less time turning our profiles into advertisements and more into adding other features, like for example:

-Working and reliable Offline Mode.
-Better Library organization/customization tools.
-Faster Customer support system.
< >
Сообщения 113 из 13
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Все обсуждения > Форумы Steam > Steam Community > Подробности темы
Дата создания: 17 мая. 2013 г. в 16:41