全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Community > トピックの詳細
Steam gaming on mobile?
So I am due a new phone upgrade, does anyone know if there is a phone out there that would have the capacity to fully install steam and my associated library? Is this even possible or am I thinking waaaay too far ahead
< >
1-15 / 19 のコメントを表示
You are thinking way too far ahead xD
But it's a cool idea and not that far from possible. Some games have android/iOS versions so these could get Steam implemented .. lol ... but ... nobody will ever do that :(
Emperor Zombie の投稿を引用:
If you're talking about actually running high-end games, not with an ARM Proccesor. If any Smartphone in the near future could meet that challenge the Ubuntu "Superphone" looks to be the only one with plans to support a full operating system.
there is these:
http://www.ubuntu.com/phone

As Emperor Zombie was saying above.. but i do not think running games on these will work so well... and i do not know if you can run the Ubuntu on it when you are not connected to a screen
InoI 2014年5月7日 10時22分 
Dota2 on my phone!?I want it now)))
Not even possible.
The Steam app for Android (IDK if there is one for iOS) is limited to the "social" and "store" parts of Steam. You can interact with your friends and buy games. It does NOT, however allow you to:
- trade/buy/sell trading cards
- play any of the games, even if they have an Android port (for that I recommend the Humble Bundle app, that manages the library of Android games you have bought from Humble Bundle. It also allows you to side-load the game).
- and a few more limitations that make it completely useless for me.
最近の変更はGenPattonBRが行いました; 2014年5月9日 13時05分
Figured I was a lil too optimistic, thanks for the speedy replies. A man can dream though...one day....(Although slightly optimistic with ubuntu
Actually ...
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/half-life-2-and-portal-coming-to-nvidia-shield/
LOL ... kinda ... awesome :D no Steamworks though :( and you must purchase the game again...
General Junkie の投稿を引用:
So I am due a new phone upgrade, does anyone know if there is a phone out there that would have the capacity to fully install steam and my associated library? Is this even possible or am I thinking waaaay too far ahead

The nearest thing to Steam on mobile is the Humble Bundle app. Nothing to do with Steam, unless you buy a bundle that unlocks both Steam and Android versions of a game. That said, it is a weird, buggy app that's not really user friendly.
lol, might be funny to have a mobile client with games. I wonder if they could do that for the mobile ports...
♫TGC> The Gruesome Claw の投稿を引用:
lol, might be funny to have a mobile client with games. I wonder if they could do that for the mobile ports...

Technically it is possible, but it might be troublesome for many users. Let me explain:

In the case of Android, installing apps from sources other than the Play Store is called sideloading and requires some settings in the device to be changed. Although it is easy to do, most users lack the minimum skills to do it.

I have no idea about iOS, but I suspect it might be even more difficult to sideload apps on an iPhone.

Like I and Fork_Q wrote, the Humble Bundle app does all that, but it sideloads apps, since it isn`t the Play Store. I've seen many people unable to use it.
Apple, Microsoft and Google would never allow a 3rd party store on "their" devices - especially not Apple. The closest thing you currently can get to mobile PC gaming is a Surface with Windows 8
cinedine の投稿を引用:
Apple, Microsoft and Google would never allow a 3rd party store on "their" devices - especially not Apple. The closest thing you currently can get to mobile PC gaming is a Surface with Windows 8

As mentioned before, you can install applications not approved by Google for Android.
Zaeex 2014年5月10日 16時25分 
General Junkie の投稿を引用:

Maybe some indie game would be made available. A very, very select few though.
In order to fully support Steam, the phone would have to be x86 (32 or 64-bit), run a full version of Windows (not even Windows Phone would be enough), have a 3D graphics card, lots of RAM (4Gb +), and enough storage for the OS and games.

Currently the most powefull phones out there (like the Galaxy S5) don't come even close to the specs and speed of a PC.

So, what you`re thinking is an utopia nowadays.
GenPattonBR の投稿を引用:
In order to fully support Steam, the phone would have to be x86 (32 or 64-bit), run a full version of Windows (not even Windows Phone would be enough), have a 3D graphics card, lots of RAM (4Gb +), and enough storage for the OS and games.

Currently the most powefull phones out there (like the Galaxy S5) don't come even close to the specs and speed of a PC.

So, what you`re thinking is an utopia nowadays.

You don't actually need Windows, 4GBs of RAM or a discreet graphics card to install Steam, just thought you should know. Most Steam installs are on computers with integrated graphics units.
< >
1-15 / 19 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

全スレッド > Steam 掲示板 > Steam Community > トピックの詳細
投稿日: 2014年5月6日 17時01分
投稿数: 19