The "New" Market Design is bad.
1) Cannot select the individual listings.

2) Takes forever to buy something.

4) Useless information at the bottom of the screen instead of when i wanted to buy it!

5) The huge buttons make me feel stupid and being talked down to.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Silicon Vampire Jun 28, 2014 @ 1:31pm 
3. really slow and clunky.

I agree, this has pretty much killed the market for my wife and I. She just started using it during the sale but doubts she'll continue now... and I won't be using it much either. Glad I dumped everything before the change.
Last edited by Silicon Vampire; Jun 28, 2014 @ 1:35pm
guardian_titan Jun 28, 2014 @ 1:45pm 
Why is not being able to select individual listings a bad thing? Most people buy the cheapest listing anyway so Steam is just making it easier. It's a one click button to buy the cheapest card. No more "That item has already been sold" frustration because the card you click got sold a millisecond before you could buy it. You can also put in a buy order for a card setting your own price which the market will now auto buy for you when it becomes available. No more missing a sweet deal on a card because you refreshed the page a minute after it was listed and sold.

Only way I see the new listing system as a negative is that it stops people from transferring money between accounts, but that also stops people from artificially inflating a card's price. I saw a card I wanted sell for $20 which made me suspicious until I looked at the normal pricing and saw it was usually $0.15.

The system can be a bit more intuitive, sure, but it's a step in a good direction. The new system had me confused for a bit, but once I figured it out (which didn't take me long honestly), I loved it.
Laptop Jun 28, 2014 @ 1:57pm 
It feels more complicated for me to use now when it's supposed to be the opposite.
Masterpeing Jun 28, 2014 @ 2:06pm 
Originally posted by Silicon Vampire:
3. really slow and clunky.

I agree, this has pretty much killed the market for my wife and I. She just started using it during the sale but doubts she'll continue now... and I won't be using it much either. Glad I dumped everything before the change.

this is only for Steam section right? i have no problems with my Dota 2 , cs go items =)
Florida Man Jun 28, 2014 @ 2:48pm 
I can't even purchase Summer cards 1 and 2 now. There's some bug telling me that I already have a listing for the item and yet I don't.

PS: If anyone wants to trade summer sale cards 1 and 2 for ANY other summer cards, I'd really appreciate it.

edit: Steam still gave me the error and yet bought card 1. Still trying to get 2.
edit2: THANKYOU!
Last edited by Florida Man; Jun 28, 2014 @ 3:11pm
Silicon Vampire Jun 28, 2014 @ 3:11pm 
It also killed the functionality of Enhanced Steam which made it easy to shop for items/cards.

I don't want to use the market at all the way it is now.
agen.fi Jun 28, 2014 @ 3:14pm 
It's bit complicated now, but the idea for sell and buy is quite good :summerufo:
Now you know how many things have the same price as yours.
Krya Littlemore Jun 28, 2014 @ 4:03pm 
I see many items post for less than half of the "going" lowest price yet can't for the life of me get to them.

At least before I could refresh a page of 1 item I wanted until the price I wanted to pay maybe came up.

My vote for not liking this new format +1
Damsteri Jun 28, 2014 @ 6:18pm 
I think the new mechanism killed joy of hunting cheap cards... Now you just put your buy order and wait.

These cards are just something extra, we pay for that little joy of selling and byuing jpgs. If there is no joy, then there is no transactions.
Thrash_Meister Jun 29, 2014 @ 11:58am 
I agree the new buying/selling marketplace sucks.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 28, 2014 @ 1:08pm