GTA San Andreas on Mac: 'Application load error 5:0000065434'
Made my first purchase on Steam in a while earlier — Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for Mac. I'm running Mac OS 10.8.4, processor: 2.9BHz Intel Core i7, memory: 8HB 1600 MHz DDR3.

It installs fine, but when I click 'Play' in Steam, I see ''Application load error 5:0000065434", and can progress no further. The game simply shuts down.

I've searched around and found a common fix is verifying the game cache, or reinstalling Steam, or using Disk Utility to fix the disk permissions or whatever. But it's been ineffective, and the error continues.

What do I do?
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 62
I have GTA:SA for a couple of months now, and had been playing it yesterday.
I went to launch it today, and got this same error. I tried verifying game cache, restarting steam, and restarting my computer. Anyone else have any solutions?
I'm running the same computer as OP, and like lalala41, I had been playing it consistently until today when it failed to open. Seeing as these are pretty recent posts, Valve or Rockstar or something undoubtedly recently updated something which makes this game uplayable on many computers, and will most likely release a fix in the near future.
I, too, have exhausted the internet's options for solutions unsuccessfully. (Disk permissions, restarts and reboots, verification of game cache). The only thing I have yet to do is delete and reinstall, which I read to have also been unsuccessful.
Would just like to say that I have been having this problem too, the game started fine until yesterday.
How strange! Hope my download didn't break the system ;) Let's all hope it starts working again soon. Funny how the problems started happening on the same day the first GTA5 gameplay video was released by Rockstar. You don't think they've cut support for it in some way and then used the masses of publicity surrounding the GTA5 gameplay video unveiling to muffle such a move, do you?
That's one hell of a conspiracy you're cooking up there mrjeeves
Also, man didn't land on the moon.
Hy01d 10 juil. 2013 à 17h29 
Just started having this error today about 9 hours ago like OP. I actually was playing this morning and it stopped after lunch. It may have to do with a steam client update. I have reinstalled even deleting files that were not part of the main install. I have also tried the disk utility stuff. But I am glad this isn't a problem with my computer. But to add to mrjeeves this is definitely a sign from valve that the summer sale is half life three
jigzat 10 juil. 2013 à 18h06 
Same here, it was playing fine yesterday. Not cracked not modded.
ty 11 juil. 2013 à 5h18 
Seeing everyone has the same problem like me, it seems it is the new update for steam which came out 2 days ago. And I have reinstalled it and it still have not worked. I guess we have to wait for valve to fix it.
Hi. Same problem here. hope it will be fixed soon...
does steam know about the situation ?
Just tried starting it and had the same issue. I really hope it's resolved soon
Had a nice chat with the Rockstar Support chaps on Twitter yesterday — they've filed an official page for the error on their support website, which will hopefully soon be updated with a solution. http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/24782083--Application-load-error-5-0000065434-when-starting-GTA-Trilogy-Steam-?locale=1
Same problem here... playing yesterday just fine and now i can't do anything... already tried all the other solutions with no improvement...
SAME HERE I TRIED SO MANY TIMES I SHUTTED MY MAC DOWN DONT WORK I REINSTALLED IT DONT WORK! D: i wish they fix it soon i only got to play 62 hours of it :( and i just figured how to do better stuff on it
< >
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 62
Par page : 1530 50

Posté le 9 juil. 2013 à 13h04