Kill Switch 11 jan. 2014 às 15:26
Could not connect to Steam network.
I've not been able to log into steam for some time.. After about a week of not getting in, I just quit playing the games in Steam, thinking they had issues and would eventually get them fixed. That was 6 months ago and when I log into the client I still get the Exact same error.

Steam - Error
Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to a problem with your internet connection, or with th...
Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

Obviously it's not my internet as I can log into this forum just fine. What is wrong with Steam?
< >
A mostrar 1-12 de 12 comentários
KittenCanaveral 11 jan. 2014 às 15:50 
I get that error every time I put my password in wrong, aperently you can log in via a web blrowser so i woul try a quick reinstall of steam as that seems to fix a lot oof errors for people, just drag and drop the app in to the aplication folder and chose replace file. all your game data should be fine but after 6 months expect a bunch of things to want to update.
SONALDO 12 jan. 2014 às 8:25 
Having the same problem right now... Seeing if there are any suggestions or help there are on the forums. Apparently this is posted recently and there are no help.
Yakkers 12 jan. 2014 às 8:57 
yeah same, I can only log into the website, and when I try to log into the application it says 'could not connect to the steam network'
KittenCanaveral 12 jan. 2014 às 9:01 
if you give it time the problem seems to clear it self up.but don't try to log in every 30 sec give it 5 min and try again.
Kill Switch 26 jan. 2014 às 15:18 
Originalmente postado por Kateweb:
if you give it time the problem seems to clear it self up.but don't try to log in every 30 sec give it 5 min and try again.

Give it 5 minutes? I gave it 6 months.

I'm pretty sure the uninstall will happen, not sure the reinstall will. I'm a big gamer, have been most my life and it's sad, because I've never had a good experience with Steam. I've had games I purchased from the store, that required steam, and even though I have an account, steam will not let me log in with that game. I've lost money because of Steam. I've picked up games that mention Steam on the cover and I didn't even purchase it, because of my experience with this software. I figured if I purchased games through Steam maybe it will work better, which a few of the games did, until this occured. That was mainly on PC, but I'm running a Mac now and still having the same issues. Tells me the software developers for this software suck at their job. As a 20+ years of software developer myself, I find it hard to believe a client app that that allows people to purchase and download games is really that damn hard.

However, I just noticed when I launched Steam today, it did an update on the software. Now updates are coming for the game, so maybe they finally fixed what ever the issue was and I'll get to play some of my older games I've not touched in the last 6 months.
Última alteração por Kill Switch; 26 jan. 2014 às 17:51
Kill Switch 26 jan. 2014 às 17:50 
After all these months, they download a patch for me and it works.. What an idea!! I'm back on until it breaks down again.
O Kyrios Eftheias 15 fev. 2014 às 11:48 
What you got to do is reinstall steam at the cost of having to reinstall your games as well...
KittenCanaveral 16 fev. 2014 às 23:45 
Originalmente postado por Mr.Poker face:
What you got to do is reinstall steam at the cost of having to reinstall your games as well...
Reinstallingsteam will not uninstall your games, you justhave to rag and drop steam from the DMG into your applications folder and chose replace file.
Boon 26 ago. 2017 às 8:17 
I have a solution to my connection problem that happened because of change in proxy settings.
Apparently steam has problems connecting to its network when you are using a proxy for the internet thus giving HTTP 407 error.

Problem:

Could not connect to steam network. Please check the network and try again

Check:

1) Go to "youy_username" in finder, click on library-> Application support-> Steam-> logs -> bootstrap_log.txt
2) Check if the log file says HTTP error 407 in it.

Solution:
Remove the proxy in the network settings if you changed any recently and voila it works like a charm

lukasfrydek 20 ago. 2023 às 5:42 
If you have iCloud+ and turned on Private Relay, try to turn it off. Worked for me. I updated system, reinstall Steam app, cleared download cache and nothing worked. Eventually Private Relay works.
Originalmente postado por Boon:
I have a solution to my connection problem that happened because of change in proxy settings.
Apparently steam has problems connecting to its network when you are using a proxy for the internet thus giving HTTP 407 error.

Problem:

Could not connect to steam network. Please check the network and try again

Check:

1) Go to "youy_username" in finder, click on library-> Application support-> Steam-> logs -> bootstrap_log.txt
2) Check if the log file says HTTP error 407 in it.

Solution:
Remove the proxy in the network settings if you changed any recently and voila it works like a charm
Eleven-77〃 23 ago. 2023 às 14:24 
nice
< >
A mostrar 1-12 de 12 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 11 jan. 2014 às 15:26
Comentários: 12