kellhus.ab Jun 19, 2015 @ 8:17pm
help opening Steam
Well I just tried installing Steam but I can't seem to open it There is an error that says "Steam requires contents/MacOs be on a case insensitive filesystem wtf?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
videogames Jun 19, 2015 @ 8:27pm 
That's just what it says. Unfortunately the Steam client can't be installed in a drive that's formatted in a case-sensitive file system, so if you want to install Steam you need either a new partition that's case-insensitive, reformat your drive, or look for a workaround.
There's this post http://blog.howett.net/2010/05/fixing-steam-for-mac-on-a-case-sensitive-filesystem/ with a possible solution.
Anoimz Jun 19, 2015 @ 9:24pm 
bjr
kellhus.ab Jun 19, 2015 @ 9:32pm 
hey thank you that will probably maybe help me! I have a third party Solid State Drive, does that have anything to do with it? I've had many issues with my Mac
videogames Jun 20, 2015 @ 12:43am 
The drive itself shouldn't matter, you just need to make sure it's formatted correctly. Make sure the partition you install Steam to is formatted as a case-insensitive partition like Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or other compatible file system, but not Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled). You can check this by opening Disk Utility.
PiarKO Jun 20, 2015 @ 6:44am 
gj
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 19, 2015 @ 8:17pm