Latest update has broken Steam-Game overlay Access
Since the upate lat week - (Build Aug 13 2014, 14:20:43) (API: v106) (Package versions: 1407966480)
EVERY time I launch the Mac Client for LOTRO I get two pop-ups. And yes, I know what they mean.
The first comes from Steam: Steam - Game Overlay Access
The in-game Steam overlay requires access to assistive devices to be enabled...

The second comes from OSX (10.9.4) Steam.app would like to control this computer using accessibility features.

There are two problems here:
1- Steam.app is already authorized under System Preferences
Clicking ok launches the client, but does not cause the OSX pop-up to be answered.

2- This happens EVERY launch of LOTRO.
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 72
I should add, this is a bug report, but I cannot find ANY mechanic for reporting bugs to Steam.
Bee 16/ago./2014 às 9:28 
Its with every game.
Frungi 16/ago./2014 às 18:27 
Confirmed. Just in case anyone in charge is reading this and wasn't sure. The latest Mac Steam client update broke the overlay on at least Mavericks..
Car Guy 16/ago./2014 às 19:46 
I'm having the same problem. I also can't buy anything from in-game stores
Caesium 17/ago./2014 às 8:46 
This is also happening for me in Yosemite (10.10)
Crazyboy4826 17/ago./2014 às 9:09 
I'm having this exact same issue
Crazyboy4826 17/ago./2014 às 9:10 
I've only tried it in gmod since the update but yeah its not working there either
Kalabeños 17/ago./2014 às 9:35 
Same problem here.
pynesa 19/ago./2014 às 20:37 
Today's update (August 19th) broke it for me as well.
Frungi 20/ago./2014 às 1:39 
Rebooting fixed it for me and a few others. So try that.
Última edição por Frungi; 20/ago./2014 às 1:39
AceOfBass 20/ago./2014 às 3:44 
Rebooting doesn't solve the problem for me, my Steam Overlay seems to have a bad time as well although all my preferences on my Mavericks system are set to give the acces which is needed for Steam Overlay to work... In Steam itself the options are also enabled but still no reply when I hit those darn buttons :(
Última edição por AceOfBass; 20/ago./2014 às 3:45
Vincentmrl 20/ago./2014 às 4:24 
I got a fix for this: close steam, disable its accessibility, open it, close it again, enable accessibility and it should work. It worked fine for me on Yosemite
AceOfBass 20/ago./2014 às 6:40 
Escrito originalmente por Vincentmrl:
I got a fix for this: close steam, disable its accessibility, open it, close it again, enable accessibility and it should work. It worked fine for me on Yosemite
I tried this, and my Steam Overlay is working again! Thanks for the useful tip! :)
   20/ago./2014 às 8:29 
Does this work for anyone else?

Still doesn't work for me.
Vincentmrl 20/ago./2014 às 9:17 
Escrito originalmente por CIRN⑨:
Does this work for anyone else?

Still doesn't work for me.

When I had this problem, I noticed THE OVERLAY WORKS (because i kept getting notifications) but it was half disabled because steam thought the accessibility was disabled. Try playing with enabling and disabling and maybe removing and adding steam from accessibility (if there was a way) and you will somehow get it to work
< >
Exibindo comentários 115 de 72
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 16/ago./2014 às 9:18