Some questions about SDK 2013
I have a few questions about the new Source SDK 2013.

- 7GB? Does that includes all content for HL2 and the episodes downloaded seperately? I love source mods but... Why? Can't there just be common search paths between the games?
- Can the SDK mod for the original games instead or will they only work with the (rather unnessasary) SDK base?
- Is it normal to get the error "unable to find regkey for vsproj files" while creating a solution with the windows bat file? I thought the buggy code that came with 2007 was bad enough but now I can't even get a solution.

I've been messing with this stuff for a while now. Weeks even. SteamPipe breaking this and that, tons of big updates downloaded which always seem to make worse results. I have switched by base game a couple times. Whereever I go things break on me so easily. I just want to work on my mod. I thought Source SDK 2013 was a good thing to try, because I wanted to add some programmed things and have them work on mac/linux, maybe not. I feel ready to quit after all this crap.

And about that bug: Yes I have Visual C++ 2010 Express installed with the service pack.
Editat ultima dată de The Evina; 8 iul. 2013 la 18:19
< >
Se afișează 1-2 din 2 comentarii
1. yes all the hl2+ep1+ep2 are given as content throught the VPK files.
2. SDK base or greenlight, if you fill with what is required by Valve to become greenlighted.
3. the bug will be fixed this week, so wait a bit, or revert the SDK to the revision 1.

I can understand your feels, we are waiting for source engine 2, and we get a 2013 version of the SDK that is not at the same level of development that the Alienswarm SDK.
the release is completely bugged
- buildcubemap doesn't works
- maya exporter are not complete and not functionnal
- materialsystem project is not in the sdk and we can't rewrite our own shaders.
- hammer suppor things that the engine can't deal with ( displacement blend tool, instance maps )

Valve support occulus that is just in development stage, but who will pay the 300$ for a prototype and to integrate a queue list when dozen of hundred people wait to get their own device ?

well i am a bit disappointed myself..; wait and see
Postat inițial de fuzzzzzz Sourcesdk:
1. yes all the hl2+ep1+ep2 are given as content throught the VPK files.
2. SDK base or greenlight, if you fill with what is required by Valve to become greenlighted.
3. the bug will be fixed this week, so wait a bit, or revert the SDK to the revision 1.

I can understand your feels, we are waiting for source engine 2, and we get a 2013 version of the SDK that is not at the same level of development that the Alienswarm SDK.
the release is completely bugged
- buildcubemap doesn't works
- maya exporter are not complete and not functionnal
- materialsystem project is not in the sdk and we can't rewrite our own shaders.
- hammer suppor things that the engine can't deal with ( displacement blend tool, instance maps )

Valve support occulus that is just in development stage, but who will pay the 300$ for a prototype and to integrate a queue list when dozen of hundred people wait to get their own device ?

well i am a bit disappointed myself..; wait and see

Thanks. I decided that there isn't enough I want to program to make it worth the trouble so I switched plans again. I can just as easily mod Ep2 directly and it would probably look just the same.
< >
Se afișează 1-2 din 2 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50