All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
krutik Jun 17, 2018 @ 2:28pm
Discuss Star Citizen
ok so I want to buy it so badly but I'm hesitating because I have a lot of doubts about this game. If anyone actually bought a ship and have played it, please share your thoughts. Is there a lot of things to do right now? Are there a lot of missions? From the gameplay I've seen, it looks absolutely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ gorgeous, just doesn't seem like there's a lot to do in terms of keeping yourself busy with missions and character progression and stuff like that. I want to buy the Aurora MR starter pack, but I'm a bit unsure what it includes, I know it takes you online but does it include some kind of story, like Squadron 42?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
reaper Jun 17, 2018 @ 2:35pm 
I will get it when it is officially released (whenever that might be)
I think I own it, but havent ever logged in to try it. Dunno if I will either
Spíosra Jun 17, 2018 @ 2:49pm 
It's probably gross.
krutik Jun 17, 2018 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by DØC:
Does this game have aliens? I mean, besides the people playing it?
I mean I don't see why it wouldn't. They give you a gun for a reason, right? Not to just kill other people?

if you look it up there's a bunch of different alien civilizations but I've yet to see any gameplay of it besides that one city they keep showing
Last edited by krutik; Jun 17, 2018 @ 2:54pm
krutik Jun 17, 2018 @ 3:01pm 
damn this discussion sucks
aG| Wardog Jun 17, 2018 @ 3:04pm 
I'd say don't bother. I've only loosely been following it, but it's been in development since forever, and has ridiculously expensive "micro"transactions.
krutik Jun 17, 2018 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by Wardog:
I'd say don't bother. I've only loosely been following it, but it's been in development since forever, and has ridiculously expensive "micro"transactions.
well according to the developers, it's supposed to go into beta with the 4.0 update which is next year if all goes to plan. 3.0 was when alpha truly started and they released 3.1 in only 3 months. They have been picking up speed with development it seems.
aG| Wardog Jun 17, 2018 @ 3:39pm 
Originally posted by KrutikFTW:
Originally posted by Wardog:
well according to the developers, it's supposed to go into beta with the 4.0 update which is next year if all goes to plan. 3.0 was when alpha truly started and they released 3.1 in only 3 months. They have been picking up speed with development it seems.
Maybe. I'll definitely try it when/if it gets finished, but I have a feeling that it's too ambitious for its own good.
Dexious Emera Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:12pm 
Looks like p2w hell
Mivo Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:12pm 
I don't want to support a game with 28k worth of DLC. Just not a trend I think is good for gaming.
BossGalaga Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:17pm 
ok so I want to buy it so badly but I'm hesitating because I have a lot of doubts about this game. If anyone actually bought a ship and have played it, please share your thoughts. Is there a lot of things to do right now? Are there a lot of missions? From the gameplay I've seen, it looks absolutely ♥♥♥♥ing gorgeous, just doesn't seem like there's a lot to do in terms of keeping yourself busy with missions and character progression and stuff like that. I want to buy the Aurora MR starter pack, but I'm a bit unsure what it includes, I know it takes you online but does it include some kind of story, like Squadron 42?

They've made close to 200 million dollars, are 4 years over their original release date, missed all their release dates after that and have finally just did away with a release date altogether. What you're getting is a tech demo that will probably never be finished. At this point, it's basically a Ponzi scheme, with numerous reports that Roberts is spending the money on lavish personal expenses.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/01/report-star-citizen-is-almost-out-of-cash-and-chris-roberts-insatiable-ambition-is-to-blame/

At this point they could have taken half that money and paid another company to make the game and that company could have taken half of that and paid another company to make the game and that company could have taken half of that and paid another company to make the game and the game would have been released YEARS ago.
Last edited by BossGalaga; Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:18pm
krutik Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:35pm 
Originally posted by BossGalaga:
ok so I want to buy it so badly but I'm hesitating because I have a lot of doubts about this game. If anyone actually bought a ship and have played it, please share your thoughts. Is there a lot of things to do right now? Are there a lot of missions? From the gameplay I've seen, it looks absolutely ♥♥♥♥ing gorgeous, just doesn't seem like there's a lot to do in terms of keeping yourself busy with missions and character progression and stuff like that. I want to buy the Aurora MR starter pack, but I'm a bit unsure what it includes, I know it takes you online but does it include some kind of story, like Squadron 42?

They've made close to 200 million dollars, are 4 years over their original release date, missed all their release dates after that and have finally just did away with a release date altogether. What you're getting is a tech demo that will probably never be finished. At this point, it's basically a Ponzi scheme, with numerous reports that Roberts is spending the money on lavish personal expenses.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/10/01/report-star-citizen-is-almost-out-of-cash-and-chris-roberts-insatiable-ambition-is-to-blame/

At this point they could have taken half that money and paid another company to make the game and that company could have taken half of that and paid another company to make the game and that company could have taken half of that and paid another company to make the game and the game would have been released YEARS ago.
the reason they've been taking so long is because they raised far more their budget asked for so instead of banking it they've been massively expanding the game. They're developing something that was far beyond their original plans because of how much money they raised. They've been refining it more than any other developer has.

if they gave away their money to another developer to develop it then it would be half assed and no dedication and passion. sure, if they did that, the game would be released far earlier. but that's not the point, the point is to develop a complete game.

As for the $20k deal, i dont think any person in their right mind would buy it; they clearly stated the only way you can even be eligible for it is if you've devoted enough time and money for the game and are serious about its development. Its not even DLC, its just a damn ship, it has no impact whatsoever on your experience if you don't get it and it's literally just a little something they're giving you if you really support the game to the point where you're willing to give them $20k. i'm pretty sure if you spend that much on any video game, any developer would try to give you something back

for the record, its $45 each for the two packages that literally provide you with everything that you need. There's a $20 deal right now for just the single-player experience. Those 3 packages are the ones that the devs are explicitly advertising, not the others. literally no one is asking you to pay $400 on anything in the game, it's just ships and support for development, that's all it is. you dont need $400 to play the game, no one seems to understand that apparently
Last edited by krutik; Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:44pm
BossGalaga Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:44pm 

the reason they've been taking so long is...

Uh huh, uh huh, and they're gonna add more graphics and more lens flares and more thousand dollar ships and more ten thousand dollar ships and somebody wake me up when they (never) actually finish the game, much less the single player game they promised to finish first.
Last edited by BossGalaga; Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:45pm
krutik Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:46pm 
Uh huh...uh huh.

the reason they've been taking so long is...

Uh huh, uh huh, and they're gonna add more graphics and more lens flares and more thousand dollar ships and more ten thousand dollar ships and somebody wake me up when they (never) actually finish the game, much less the single player game they promised to finish first.
have you at least read the last paragraph of my comment
BossGalaga Jun 17, 2018 @ 4:47pm 
Uh huh...uh huh.

have you at least read the last paragraph of my comment

Right they need to make more 28,000 dollar ship packages for the multiplayer game that they're never going to release in order to finish a single player campaign that was supposed to be released in 2014? Hmmm, you don't say.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jun 17, 2018 @ 2:28pm