All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 1:35pm
Problems with GMG - Greenman Gaming (again)
Anyone else having issues with signing in to this site?

I can't sign in as the site refuses to accept my password which hasn't been changed. Tried it several times. Obviously because of this I can't contact their support & it's too late to call them. I then sent a password change request to my email. Clicked the link, but then the site doesn't allow me to change the password. I was planning to buy a few more games, but I guess not lol
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Canadian Guitar Jul 25, 2019 @ 1:42pm 
Zero issues here.
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 1:43pm 
To think they wan't my Steam details to log in as well lol

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1815142495

Maybe their support didn't like that I posted on Steam last time & locked me out of my GMG account =)
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 1:53pm 
Originally posted by Canadian Guitar:
Zero issues here.

Weird. Do you have to sign in twice? Every time I sign in it wants to verify who I am with a captcha. Then I sign in, but I'm taken to the main front page & have to sign in a 2nd time. Yesterday this happened, but on the 3rd or 4th attempt it allowed me to sign in. I put it down to a typing error. Today though there's no way the password is wrong because I typed it out in notepad then copy & pasted it. Gave up after about a dozen or more attempts lol
Canadian Guitar Jul 25, 2019 @ 1:57pm 
I did it from mobile no issues. Typically at home i need to do a captcha, I have my browsers set to clear all data everytime I close itn so nothing is ever saved.
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 2:18pm 
I did it from mobile no issues. Typically at home i need to do a captcha, I have my browsers set to clear all data everytime I close itn so nothing is ever saved.

Same with my browser. What I don't understand is that If the site accepts my password the 1st time with the captcha then why do I need to sign in twice & then it doesn't accept it the 2nd time? Makes no sense lol I've tried again with password reset with no luck & still can't sign in after the captcha. Just thought I'd ask as I wondered if I'm the only one which would seem odd.
Canadian Guitar Jul 25, 2019 @ 2:19pm 
Try a different browser
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 2:31pm 
Try a different browser

It let me sign in but it won't allow me to purchase the game. It removes it from the basket when I view the cart asking me to add it again. GMG Is a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ lol

I'll leave it. Try to sign in & request to delete the account. Awful site lol
Canadian Guitar Jul 25, 2019 @ 2:33pm 
Originally posted by Rotting In My Chair:
Try a different browser

It let me sign in but it won't allow me to purchase the game. It removes it from the basket when I view the cart asking me to add it again. GMG Is a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ lol

I've been using it for 5 years, and not once had any issue.
Still sounds like something on your end
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 2:46pm 

I've been using it for 5 years, and not once had any issue.
Still sounds like something on your end

Possibly. I requested an account deletion as I don't remember this happening before in the past. I have a free key for a 'GOLD' tier game, but is it region locked? You can have it if you like as there's nothing I want from the list. (I'll assume it works lol)
Azza ☠ Jul 25, 2019 @ 3:00pm 
You are either been phished (fake website redirecting or DNS spoofing), but more likely invalid cache or blocking the website's Cookies and CSS Stylesheet. Else it's some blockage going on with your web-browser or security software.

Press CTRL+F5 to force refresh the webpage (this makes most web-browsers download the webpage again, rather than using it's current cache) and ensure the appear looks valid, rather than your current screenshot (it's not being fully loaded there).

Top-bar and middle body content should be 'gray' colour.

The email address field should be 'white' with a green 'Reset Password' button next to it.

The bottom navigation should be 'black' with 'white' text, no borders... then right at the bottom footer / copyright, it should be 'gray' background again.

If it's not looking like that, avoid using it for now... Run a full anti-virus scan of your PC, then check with another web-browser, reset default browser settings, and/or disable any web-browser extensions/plugins. Use an application such as CCleaner to clear your cache/cookies or do so manually.

Optional (more advance checking): Press F12 on most web-browsers to bring up the console, select the 'network' tab, then press CTRL+F5 to force refresh the page, checking for any content being blocked or has problems with loading, also under the 'console' log tab. Note them down to find root causes of possible issues.
Last edited by Azza ☠; Jul 25, 2019 @ 3:21pm
Satoru Jul 25, 2019 @ 3:49pm 
Just logged in, no issues
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 4:12pm 
Originally posted by Azza ☠:
You are either been phished (fake website redirecting or DNS spoofing), but more likely invalid cache or blocking the website's Cookies and CSS Stylesheet. Else it's some blockage going on with your web-browser or security software.

Press CTRL+F5 to force refresh the webpage (this makes most web-browsers download the webpage again, rather than using it's current cache) and ensure the appear looks valid, rather than your current screenshot (it's not being fully loaded there).

Top-bar and middle body content should be 'gray' colour.

The email address field should be 'white' with a green 'Reset Password' button next to it.

The bottom navigation should be 'black' with 'white' text, no borders... then right at the bottom footer / copyright, it should be 'gray' background again.

If it's not looking like that, avoid using it for now... Run a full anti-virus scan of your PC, then check with another web-browser, reset default browser settings, and/or disable any web-browser extensions/plugins. Use an application such as CCleaner to clear your cache/cookies or do so manually.

Optional (more advance checking): Press F12 on most web-browsers to bring up the console, select the 'network' tab, then press CTRL+F5 to force refresh the page, checking for any content being blocked or has problems with loading, also under the 'console' log tab. Note them down to find root causes of possible issues.

Ok I'll try this now, it's worth a try just to see if it works.
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 4:25pm 

Using another browser I got this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1815262930

The ctrl+f5 didn't work with the other browser.

I haven't clicked on any random links or some exe file or downloaded anything either. Just use Steam, GOG, Nvidia drivers. That kind of thing. Use malwarebytes, spybot s&d with bleachbit =)
Worth using avira (free) anti-virus?
Azza ☠ Jul 25, 2019 @ 4:28pm 

I haven't clicked on any random links or some exe file or downloaded anything either. Just use Steam, GOG, Nvidia drivers. That kind of thing. Use malwarebytes, spybot s&d with bleachbit =)

That looks correct on the other web-browser... Can you sign in with that fine?

If so, you have narrowed it down to the other web-browser or it's plugins/extensions/settings. What web-browser is it?

As for the anti-virus: MalwareBytes or Kaspersky, and/or Spybot (free manual run) are ideal to use... You won't need Avira (free), if you already have used the others. Just have one active anti-virus scanners, with optionally another manual run only (such as SpyBot - Free edition). Don't stack multiple active anti-virus applications, that would just lead to conflicts between them or system slow downs. Windows 10 will also have a basic Windows Defender builtin.
Last edited by Azza ☠; Jul 25, 2019 @ 4:32pm
moon Jul 25, 2019 @ 4:30pm 

That looks correct on the other web-browser... Can you sign in with that fine?

If so, you have narrowed it down to the other web-browser or it's plugins/extensions/settings. What web-browser is it?

Brave. It went downhill a while ago with an update. People complained then & it's only got worse. Thing is, the other browser I use doesn't load some of the websites I use where as Brave does. I have to use both for different sites.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50

All Discussions > Steam Forums > Off Topic > Topic Details
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2019 @ 1:35pm