jimijimbo 2012년 9월 12일 오전 4시 21분
Ultrabook Gaming
Hi, I'm posting this here because I can't find any relevant info on what the full capabilities are to run some games on my Hp Spectre xt Ultrabook. Core i7, 4Gb RAM, Intel HD4000 Graphics.

I can run older games perfectly, but I was wanting to run Skyrim, Borderlands, possibly Crysis 2 and I didn't want to make the purchase without knowing I could run them well enough to play. I've seen older models of HP Spectres running Skyrim to a playable level but I am still tentative to buy it and find out it won't run.

Not desperate, but curious as to my options
< >
23개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
Xytherion007 2012년 9월 12일 오전 5시 12분 
I'm no expert in determining if your Ultrabook can run the games mentioned above, but I think the following links may help you out learning a little bit more about the Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics you have:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-Benchmarked.73567.0.html

You can also check out the handy chart they have on their website that lets you show how well your graphic card (yes, it's on the chart!) can perform on Skyrim and Crysis 2! (I didn't find Borderlands 1)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html

Hopefully, this answers your question!
Xytherion007 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2012년 9월 12일 오전 5시 14분
Harvog 2012년 9월 12일 오후 1시 11분 
Ultrabook is a seriously misleading name for something with intel graphics methinks.
Harvog 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2012년 9월 12일 오후 1시 12분
Xytherion007 2012년 9월 12일 오후 1시 16분 
I don't know about that...I think Ultrabooks were made to be super portable, for the person that is always on-the-go and travelling. Hence, the ultrabook is SUPER light and SUPER thin, downside is, ultrabooks were meant for basic work productivity (unless you got some beefed-up system otherwise) so of course they aren't gonna stuff a Nvidia GTX 660M into a ultrabook, rather, they'll stuff the Intel HD 4000 in order to...keep the laptop thin???
Vynn Tage 2012년 9월 12일 오후 1시 32분 
An ultrabook with the intel hd 4000 will come close to matching an nvdicia 630m (closer then any on dedicated gpu will). It will run any modern game at medium settings depending on your resolution.
Mopbucket ɛiɜ 2012년 9월 12일 오후 4시 03분 
You'll probably be able to run all three. With the settings turned way down and at a relatively low resolution. For future reference, if you plan on gaming on a laptop, check the capabilities of the gpu. CPU and RAM are almost irrelevant for most modern games/pc's. "Ultrabook" is simply a marketing label that Intel uses in order to promote intel hardware on consumer notebooks. Intel GPU's are problematic because, even if they do run a game, they have major issues with keeping their drivers up to date.

In other words. Yes, it'll run old games. Be wary of any newer games, though.
Vynn Tage 2012년 9월 12일 오후 4시 53분 
Bopmucket ɛiɜ님이 먼저 게시:
You'll probably be able to run all three. With the settings turned way down and at a relatively low resolution. For future reference, if you plan on gaming on a laptop, check the capabilities of the gpu. CPU and RAM are almost irrelevant for most modern games/pc's. "Ultrabook" is simply a marketing label that Intel uses in order to promote intel hardware on consumer notebooks. Intel GPU's are problematic because, even if they do run a game, they have major issues with keeping their drivers up to date.

In other words. Yes, it'll run old games. Be wary of any newer games, though.
LIES LIES LIES!!!!!
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the-intel-ivy-bridge-core-i7-3770k-review/9
crysis warhead 1366x768 resolution at mainstream quality at 31 frames per second. If you do not know of what you speak don't mislead others.

The intel gpu is the most power efficient and best options for integrated for gaming. It will play any modern game reasonably well. portal 2 at bery high at 1366x768 it got 25.3 frames per second. Starcraft on high quality it hit 35.1 seconds

The intel HD will play the modern games just fine despite what others say. It is no gimmick marketing ploy, these are truly ultrabooks in comparison to regular laptops.
Brap 2012년 9월 12일 오후 5시 53분 
you should have gotten a gameing laptop. or build a desktop.
Vynn Tage 2012년 9월 12일 오후 7시 17분 
It can play the games he wants. no need to shell out extra cash. and desktops are not portable kinda the point of an ultrabook.

You can play borderlands fine with the right settings, my intel hd 3000 did.
Unaccounʇed4 2012년 9월 12일 오후 8시 57분 
The Intel HD 4000 series, found on Ivy Bridge chipsets is on par with current mid-level dedicated GPU's, like the afore mentioned NVidia GTX 630M or the 5600/6500/6700 ATI cards. You probably won't be able to push the graphics to the maximum settings, but you'll be able to play just fine.
jimijimbo 2012년 9월 13일 오전 1시 38분 
Thanks for the input, this is the most info I've seen or received regarding this. Many thanks, and many thanks for keeping the negative comments to a minimum also, I haven't posted much in the past but you've certainly made it easier to do so again in the future.
Hunter 2012년 9월 13일 오전 8시 23분 
When I bought my gaming laptop a week ago, the the techie at the store said ultrabooks are horrible for gaming. Just a pointer.
Hunter 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2012년 9월 13일 오전 8시 23분
Xytherion007 2012년 9월 13일 오전 9시 00분 
If this techie was from Geek Squad, don't believe them. Biggest clowns in the history of clowns...they want me to cough up 40 bucks to install RAM on my laptop??? BIT.CH PLEASE XD

Now if this techie WASN'T from Geek Squad, then I can't say anything else cause I have no knowledge about Ultrabooks, except they are thin as f**k.
Xytherion007 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2012년 9월 13일 오전 9시 00분
Vynn Tage 2012년 9월 13일 오전 9시 40분 
I have posted a link to prove otherwise, my regular laptop with intel hd 300 on an i3 can do fallout 3 on medium settings at 1024x768. the intel hd 4000 is about double the perfomance on many benchmarks.
It is not as good as a dedicated card, but it can do gaming.
Mopbucket ɛiɜ 2012년 9월 13일 오전 10시 59분 
Jared: Crysis Warhead is an older game. Yes it'll play at medium settings. As new games come out, though, intel drivers have issues. I have a laptop with an HD3000 on it. It'll play games that were current when it came out, it does have issues with new games that have come out since. That's always an issue for every laptop. The difference is nVidia and ATI tend to put out updates more often.
Mopbucket ɛiɜ 2012년 9월 13일 오전 11시 25분 
Oh, just to add since I'm a frequenter of Anandtech as well. Read the conclusion.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5771/the-intel-ivy-bridge-core-i7-3770k-review/8

It notes that, yes, it plays current games at crappy resolutions at low settings quite well. Maybe we have a different definition of settings. I play all my games on a monitor at 1920x1200. That's medium resolution in my book. (High resolution is 2440 and beyond.) 1280x768 is low. Very low. Like I played games at that setting back in the early 90's low.
< >
23개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2012년 9월 12일 오전 4시 21분
게시글: 23