New problem with external hard drives
Hello once again.. i posted a discussion earlier regarding a problem with a hard drive i had..

Despite the previous tips, i just learned that my old hard drive isnt actually broken. The problem i have is that whenever i connect an external hard drive to my pc it disconnects my usb wi fi antenna O.o I get no internet whenever i use an external hard drive. I have 2 external hard drives, checked both of them and both of them disconnect the internet in my pc so its definitely something wrong with my pc... :(

i have 8 usb ports, in which 4 of them are 3.0 and 4 are 2.0. I tried many variations like connecting the antenna to usb 2.0 and the HDDs to 3.0 and vice versa and i always got the same results. Please someone help im so ♥♥♥♥ing desperate

Also, the older hard drive actually kind of froze when i used it on my laptop. the antenna worked, but the hard drive stopped.. i dunno why
Laatst bewerkt door Nexures; 4 apr 2014 om 15:28
< >
1-9 van 9 reacties weergegeven
get a powered hub, and use it on a different usb controller from your wireless network adapter
(2 usb ports next to each other are on the same controller)
i dont want to waste money on something that MIGHT work. besides, that only happens occassionaly. like right now im watching a film on my external HDD and im writing this messages so its working
Oh, I bet it's your drivers. Are you using windows 7, because windows 7 has to use a usb 3.0 3rd party driver because it natively doesn't support it.
What is the make and model of motherboard? What is the make and model of external hard drive(s) and USB wifi adapter? What OS are you running? Have you checked event viewer to see if there are any errors?

If you are getting strange things happening on your laptop and your desktop with that drive, then I would suspect some intermittent issue with the drive from a power standpoint or USB negotiation standpoint.
Motherboard: https://www.dabs.ie/products/gigabyte-78lmt-usb3-am3--amd-760g-ddr3-matx-8DLX.html

External hard drive:http://www.amazon.com/Iomega-Prestige-Desktop-External-34270/dp/B001D7REIK

wi-fi antenna: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/141121549517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

i did not use any programs to see any errors, and i didnt check my drivers. I didnt check any drivers because it was working perfectly earlier, and it only started doing recently. But then once again, it only happens occasionally

like the stupid ♥♥♥♥ing 3.0 usb ports (useless as hell) are fine with 2.0 usb cables, and like i said the problem started occuring recently
Laatst bewerkt door rotNdude; 5 apr 2014 om 13:30
Start using the edit feature. There is no reason to make a new post when you can simply edit it. This is a forum and not an IM/Chat session.
Laatst bewerkt door rotNdude; 5 apr 2014 om 13:32
it is a discussion... sooo....

at any rate. back to my problem: what do you reckon i should do
Laatst bewerkt door Nexures; 5 apr 2014 om 14:16
Origineel geplaatst door Nexures:
it is a discussion... sooo....

at any rate. back to my problem: what do you reckon i should do

Get a different external drive and try it.

Also, don't try to argue with me about your lack of use of the edit feature. If you haven't found the edit button, find it now.
Laatst bewerkt door rotNdude; 5 apr 2014 om 15:05
hahahaha love dem threats over the internet.

same problems occured with a brand new hard drive. like i said earlier, it only happens occasionally. like today i had no problems even though i used both hard drives. So weird o.o
Laatst bewerkt door Nexures; 5 apr 2014 om 17:46
< >
1-9 van 9 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 4 apr 2014 om 15:25
Aantal berichten: 9