Windows 8.1 low virtual memory help!!!!
Does anybody know how to fix the Windows 8.1 low virtual memory problem??? It plagues all of my games including this Metro 2033 and Titanfall BETA and BF4

I have tried to go to advance system settings and changing the memory manually to 60000 but that still doesn't work I have also let windows to auto manage the memory but there doesn't seem to be any effect. I have searched up to page 30 in google searches for a solution but there doesn't seem to be one.

Please help me!!!

This problem has gotten so annoying an frustating that I have decided to reach out and ask for help because this is one fo the rare times google didn't come though with an answer.
< >
Сообщения 115 из 19
I'm having the same problem with Titanfall Beta.
How much memory do you have? Something has some memory leak bug.
did you try rebooting after changing page file settings?
With 8 gb of memory he shouldn't need a page file. I'm on Linux now, but on my Windows machine I think I set the page file on 500 mb and it has only 4 gb of ram.
Автор сообщения: howlin' wolf
With 8 gb of memory he shouldn't need a page file. I'm on Linux now, but on my Windows machine I think I set the page file on 500 mb and it has only 4 gb of ram.

In theory no, but some programs still require it. Messing with it normally leads like problems like this.
Автор сообщения: ontelo
In theory no, but some programs still require it. Messing with it normally leads like problems like this.

the games that 'require' it will have a setting to disable the check and still run fine without it

There are other, technical reasons you should not run Windows without a pagefile. It really isn't a good idea... but if you think you know better than the people that built it, far be it from me to stop you from doing it.
**UPDATE**

for now the problem seems to have settled a bit. But overall its still sort of happening occasionally.

Would have been best to have let Windows Manage it and not mess with it manually.
But since u have tried a few changes for Virtual Memory / Page File, I would first go in there and set it to No Page File, click Set button to apply this and then Ok out of those screens until all is closed and then Restart Windows. This will remove the PageFile.sys file from your drive. After the reboot go back to the setting and select "Auto Manage Paging File Sizes for all drives" and click OK to apply, then restart once more.

After this go back in to the same screen again and see what the # amount is where it says "Currently Allocated"

If u continue to have this issue afterwards, I would download the appropriate diagnostic software meant for your brand of drive and run this to ensure the drive is ok. Might help to also run CHKDSK /F in a CMD prompt window (with Admin rights) and see if any bad sectors are detected. I have seen instances where Windows (or apps in general) can crash or say Virtual Memory is low due the PageFile.sys being allocated to an area of the drive that contains unmarked bad sectors, thus can cause all sorts of issues. CHKDSK /F can look for and mark any bad sectors and verify the data and free space on your drive.
Отредактировано Bad 💀 Motha; 5 мар. 2014 г. в 6:58
Thanks I will try that the next chance I get and I will post results. Sorry if you are edgarly awaiting but school is taking up time!
If you have Intel graphics, downgrade the driver to version 9.17.10.2875, and disable automatic update for windows.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/558747287821778188/
I would not disable Windows Updates, however might be good idea to set it to "Check for Updates, but let me choose when to Download/Install them"

If you get any hardware updates showing up through Windows Updates, like for Intel HD, NVIDIA, Radeon GPUs, hide those updates and get them from their source website.
Автор сообщения: howlin' wolf

If you want to cut the page file down, with 8gb of main memory set the page file to equal 8gb. with more than 8gb set it to 50% of what you have, turning it off is not recommended, windows was designed to run with it for best performance. If you have an ssd then put it there for best use. The page file being too small may be whats causing the fault.

To get an idea on the cause of the memory fault open task manager and click on the processes, click to show processors from all users, then sort the column to bring the highest users to the top and watch to see if one program is spiking a lot. That MAY be the culprit and re-installing it MAY help.
Отредактировано Carlsberg; 17 мар. 2014 г. в 20:25
< >
Сообщения 115 из 19
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 17 фев. 2014 г. в 20:53