Laptop not displaying image external or internal monitor
ok i i baught this asus x55a-hpd122j off my friend for $10.00 in a bunch of parts. I got it put all together reset the cmos battery and turned it on. the on light turns and everthing in the computer gets warm and funtions. Now the problem is i can not get an image to display on the onboard monitor and or a external montor hdmi/ dvi port. What could it be? I know it is a junk computer but he played skyrim on it and i would like to try and get it working as a form of mobile gaming. What might this problem be?

the laptops cpu is upgradable it has a pentium currently right now but if any of you guys think it is cpu problem i could get this locally: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/sys/4270694057.html
En son Hølland601 tarafından düzenlendi; 8 Şub 2014 @ 16:30
< >
5 yorumdan 1 ile 5 arası gösteriliyor
Could be the Graphics card.
Either the wires between the motherboard and the display (through the hinge) have come loose, or the laptop is a total dud.

Since the HDMI connection doesn't work either, I'm going to guess it's the latter.

Also, that CPU will not fit.
If you don't get any beeps from it its probably a mainboard, cpu, or memory fault.
İlk olarak Canti tarafından gönderildi:
Either the wires between the motherboard and the display (through the hinge) have come loose, or the laptop is a total dud.

Since the HDMI connection doesn't work either, I'm going to guess it's the latter.

Also, that CPU will not fit.

why do you say i won't fit?
İlk olarak Hølland601 tarafından gönderildi:
why do you say i won't fit?
Because the B980 Pentium already inside is a Sandy Bridge chip (Core 2nd gen). The i3 you linked to is Arrandale (Core 1st gen). They are listed on Intel's website as having different socket size support. It also doesn't specify if this is the BGA or PGA chip, with both being physically different sizes.
< >
5 yorumdan 1 ile 5 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 8 Şub 2014 @ 16:29
İleti: 5