กระทู้นี้ได้ถูกล็อคแล้ว
Does my PC setup need to be upgraded in order to keep up with the nex nen of consoles?
My set up is
gigibite motherbord up4
i7 3820 at 3.6gh oc to 4
GTX evga 680 oc to 1085
16 gig ripjaw ram
& some good cooling
I just want this setup to last for atleast 5 to 6 years,what do you all think?
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-11 จาก 11 ความเห็น
nope you should be pretty good! thats still a pretty good pc you shouldnt have to worry!
over 5-6 years it will need a better gpu, but for now its more than fine
yep keep it as is.
There are an aweful lot of generalizations within this question and the answers. The games you play, your screen resolution, things relating to how you 'run' your operating system (background programs, up to date software and other things) and to what degree you are willing to accept as playable in terms of graphical settings all play a huge role in determining the answer to your question.

If you intend on playing the latest and greatest games of 2018 on a multi-monitor setup each with 4k resolution with games at maximum resolution and settings, you are probably going to need to upgrade. Have you considered a tri-SLI setup?
You're overclocking cpu and gpu. You don't say what your cooling is. Air? Liquid? OCing, I don't see how it will last as long as you want. I'd shorten it by a year or two unless you turn down OC.
All good.
Looks good ;)
i dont think it will last 2 years let alone 5 or 6
we have games that now use 8 cores +, ddr4 is around the corner.
2gb will soon not be enough for 1080p gaming.

so in that respect your cpu is outdated now ( is still very good though)
the ddr3 ram is still good but ddr4 will be even better.
and the 680 will start to chug really soon on games as it already has a few years under it.

personally i wouldnt spend any more money on a new pc atm, i would sell what you have when the haswell-e and maxwell/pirate islands come out and spend then. but that setup is good for now and possibly another year.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย time goblin:

and the 680 will start to chug really soon on games as it already has a few years under it.

personally i wouldnt spend any more money on a new pc atm, i would sell what you have when the haswell-e and maxwell/pirate islands come out and spend then. but that setup is good for now and possibly another year.

more ram is not needed for larger screen res or more monitors
each monitor at 1080p uses under 50mb per monitor
99% of vram is used for models and textures
3x 4k screens will still use under 200mb of vram
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย _I_:
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย time goblin:

more ram is not needed for larger screen res or more monitors
each monitor at 1080p uses under 50mb per monitor
99% of vram is used for models and textures
3x 4k screens will still use under 200mb of vram

what are you talking about?

Dayz uses more than 2gb of vram on a single 1080p screen, rome 2 uses more than 2gb of vram and so do others that im not aware of?
When your computer doesn't play the games you want to play at the settings you like to play at, you'll know. Ask again when you have a budget for upgrades.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-11 จาก 11 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50