This topic has been locked
Mass Verify Game Cache
Unless I have never seen the option, I would like to see an option to verify the game cache of all games on ones system.

It would be easier then going to each game and clicking verify after having to do a system restore/recovery or some other problem that may have caused missing/corrupt files on a HDD. And if someone upgrades their OS too.
Last edited by Spawn of Totoro; Nov 4, 2012 @ 7:09am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Edoardo Nov 4, 2012 @ 7:52am 
I agree with you , an option to verify all games caches would be very helpful !
Please , add it in the next steam update !
Felix Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:04am 
I believe the reason this doesn't exist would be because verifying files for a game can be a very lengthy process, especially for big games. This is because it is very intensive on the CPU.
Spawn of Totoro Nov 4, 2012 @ 8:27am 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
I believe the reason this doesn't exist would be because verifying files for a game can be a very lengthy process, especially for big games. This is because it is very intensive on the CPU.

Yes, but after a system restore I could run it over night or while at work to fix any issues that may have accured. I already verfiy the cach manualy for each game in such an instance. This would be a one click, wait, all done type of thing.
Felix Nov 4, 2012 @ 11:08am 
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Yes, but after a system restore I could run it over night or while at work to fix any issues that may have accured. I already verfiy the cach manualy for each game in such an instance. This would be a one click, wait, all done type of thing.
I can see how that'd be quite an annoying task, but it's also very situational so I imagine that Valve just don't see the need to implement this feature who such rare occasions. :(
Spawn of Totoro Nov 4, 2012 @ 2:23pm 
Even a simple comand line would be nice. Wouldn't have to be an easy to access type button.
BFG Zyddie Nov 5, 2012 @ 2:06am 
I see this as a good idea tbh, got over 4 TB of steam games when sometimes♥♥♥♥♥♥happens and i have to make a system restore then it would be nice to do all games at once and just let the PC stand on during night, in the long end it would save me a lot of time compared to having to do it with each game.
Felix Nov 5, 2012 @ 12:56pm 
Originally posted by Duro Vic:
I wonder who these people are who often say NO without logical reason or those who are simply against something that sounds complicated to impliment. It's almost like valve has integrated their sticky people with their grammer/punctuation checked posts in these forums to turn away any addressable issues. Not saying that's what's going on here, but if this were said at a town meeting in front of me, I'd question who's side is who on
I gave reason.
What I was implying is that because the Steam Team are pretty small, they have to pick and choose where they focus their resources and time. By calling this task "very situational" I was getting at the fact that their resources could be better focused elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the feature added. Like Spawn of Tototo, I have been in this situation where a mass verify would have been useful, but in the four years I've been on Steam that has occurred once. It's a feature that'd be nice to have, but highly situational and almost (not completely: ALMOST) pointless.
Chief1983 Oct 4, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
I have been using Steam long enough to have an email address as my login name, and while it may be doing great things in terms of integrating community tools, indie game support, etc, it still just sucks so badly at just letting me play my games. I don't leave it running all the time, but even if I did, I'd still be dealing with games randomly turning off automatic updates, needing to have their data files upgraded, etc. I don't have 100+ games, but I do have a sizable collecting, to the point that it is a massive PITA sometimes just to keep all my games ready to launch. It shouldn't even be a button to do this feature, it should just be doing it for you, all the time! If my computer is on and idle, and Steam is running, why on earth is it not just making all my games ready to go? This shouldn't be rocket science. I should just have to turn on -one- option - KEEP GAMES READY TO PLAY - and it should do exactly that. The Steam team needs to hire one extra dev to take care of♥♥♥♥♥♥like this if they don't have enough devs to do this already. It's the goram CORE FUNCTIONALITY of Steam - distributing games to the people giving them money as painlessly as possible! I forget how many years we are into Steam's life, and I'd still rather be using CDs!
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Nov 4, 2012 @ 7:08am