jymsmart 2012 年 9 月 30 日 上午 1:52
None Steam Games removed from Game Library
The one thing I find the most irritating about Steam is pretty much every week the games library cleans out all of my non-steam games and makes me re-add them all to my library if I want to play them with the Steam interface in the background.
I sincerely hope this is a bug which can be fixed and not a marketing department thinking that if I can't see none Steam games in my library I will only play Steam games.

Other than that I love Steam and Borderlands 2 works an absolute treat!
< >
目前顯示第 1-9 則留言,共 9
Kenny32673 2012 年 9 月 30 日 上午 2:32 
Yep it's a pain in the arse.

Once you have them setup again go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<USERID>\config and backup the shortcuts.vdf file.

Then if/when it happens again just exit Steam, restore the file and restart Steam to get your shortcuts back.

最後修改者:Kenny32673; 2012 年 9 月 30 日 上午 2:34
Maniac 2012 年 10 月 1 日 上午 2:42 
This... Has never, ever happened to me o.o... I've had some of the same none-Steam games in there for months O.o The marketing department comment was sarcasm I hope, or big-time paranoia :P.. But that does sound like a really annoying bug, hope it gets fixed for those affected.
jymsmart 2012 年 10 月 1 日 上午 6:42 
Cheers for the tip MonkeySeeker, I'll be sure to make use of that one!
Sagara Sousuke 2012 年 10 月 1 日 上午 11:52 
It happens to me sometimes
Tito Shivan 2012 年 10 月 1 日 下午 1:58 
I wish i could give you a rep cookie, MonkeySeeker. Great advice. ;)
TreyGamr58 2012 年 10 月 1 日 下午 5:12 
I think this happened ONCE to me but I'm not sure.
Maybe there is something in the settings.
Dawgman67 2012 年 10 月 4 日 下午 8:26 
How do I know what USERID is mine?
Kenny32673 2012 年 10 月 5 日 上午 2:05 
引用自 Dawgman67
How do I know what USERID is mine?

Hmm, not sure actually. However you can open the shortcuts.vdf file in notepad to check the shortcuts are listed in the file. If so backup that one.
Quirky McButts 2012 年 10 月 8 日 下午 5:39 
Apparently one of the side-effects of Valve's company culture is that bugs don't get fixed. Anyway, I wrote a couple PowerShell scripts to help with this issue. The first backs the file up:

# --- Begin script
$shortcut_dir = "C:\Users\<your Windows username>\Documents\Steam\"
$steamUserId = "<your Steam user ID>"
$shortcut_file = "shortcuts.vdf"
$shortcut_path = $shortcut_dir + $shortcut_file

Rename-Item -Path $shortcut_path -NewName ($shortcut_dir + "shortcuts " + (Get-Date).ToString("yyyy.MM.dd") + ".vdf" )

Copy-Item "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\$steamUserId\config\shortcuts.vdf" $shortcut_path
# --- End script

Then the second restores the most recent backup:

# --- Begin script
$steamUserId = "<your Steam user ID>"

Copy-Item -Force "C:\Users\<your Windows username>\Documents\Steam\shortcuts.vdf" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\$steamUserId\config\shortcuts.vdf"
# --- End script

You'd need to edit the files for your Windows user name, Steam ID, and pull out the " (x86)" if you are on 32-bit Windows. You may also need to enable PowerShell scripting: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee176949.aspx. When Steam kills your shortcuts, shut it down, right-click the restore script and "Run with PowerShell", then run Steam again.
< >
目前顯示第 1-9 則留言,共 9
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2012 年 9 月 30 日 上午 1:52
回覆: 9