This topic has been locked
Lemon Drops Nov 14, 2014 @ 8:24pm
A way to sort games by their reviews?
Could we have a way to sort the games you look at by their reviews for I am wanting to only see the games that are Overwhelmingly Positive.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Steak Nov 15, 2014 @ 12:23am 
I've been looking for something like this as well. There are times I want to find an indie game like Terraria that is popular, but I might not have heard of. If a friend didn't tell me about it, I may never have heard of it!
You can do this:
1. On Steam Store homepage, click the search box but don't type anything, just enter. Search dialog will show up with All Games selected.
2. On the right side, choose the tag of games you want to search, example, Indie. Or simply skip this if you want to see it all.
3. On "sort by" dropdown list, select User Reviews. Now search dialog will show games starting with the most recommended.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Sparky Sparky Boom Man; Nov 15, 2014 @ 2:25am
A Global Moderator has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Zero K Nov 15, 2014 @ 4:44am 
I'm lukewarm on this at best. While the reviews are a good idea in concept, they seem far too premature at this point to really be worth noting. I only look at whether it is orange or not; if so, I give a little extra scrutiny (that being "Mixed" reviews or worse). There are some outright horrible games that have garnered "Overwhelmingly Positive" reviews due to creative editing on the publisher's part. The way it stands now, I find negative reviews to be valuable, but positive reviews are generally useless because I can't trust them.

In short, I will not buy a game that doesn't have an in-depth negative review. The only exceptions I've made are series with excellent reputations that I've personally enjoyed prior games (Civilization: Beyond Earth, X-Com: the Bureau). I want to note that on one of those decisions I got burned, and it wasn't the Civilization game.

I do this with everything now. Ebay, Amazon, and certainly Steam; always always read the negative reviews first. If what they say doesn't bother you, go for it. If there aren't any negative reviews, pass; it's either a scam or so new that the flaws aren't known yet.
Lemon Drops Nov 22, 2014 @ 3:55pm 
Originally posted by AlphaCore:
You can do this:
1. On Steam Store homepage, click the search box but don't type anything, just enter. Search dialog will show up with All Games selected.
2. On the right side, choose the tag of games you want to search, example, Indie. Or simply skip this if you want to see it all.
3. On "sort by" dropdown list, select User Reviews. Now search dialog will show games starting with the most recommended.

Hope this helps!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but thanks.
Challak Aug 23, 2016 @ 2:46pm 
I'd love a way to search through my wishlist. Sorting my review would be very helpful, but it would also be nice to be able to sort that list via my own personal tags, and Steam flags such as "Full controller support", etc.
Ninjahedge|MyU Aug 23, 2016 @ 3:46pm 
Actually, well said ZK.

It is the same with work. If I ask for a report on a certain item, I get suspicious when all I get is a letter saying "Yeah, everything is great!"

You need SOME bad with the good. Wait for the reviews and READ them. If they have NO bad comments, 5 star, move on.

Look for the 4 star to 2 star reviews. 1 is usually flaming and 5 is usually XYZ kissing.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 14, 2014 @ 8:24pm