Steam Client Ideas
Hello , i like know if in Steam client can implement in the "searcher" find for "Requirements" as:

Amount of RAM

Processor
-> Cores : 1 , 2 , 4 , 8
-> Type : i3 , i5 , i7
-> Architecture : 32 Bits (x86) , 64 Bits (x86_64) , Arm V7 / Armel , Arm V9 armhf , Arm64

Video
-> OpenGL : 1.0 , 1.2 , 2.0 , 3.0 , 4.0
-> Pixel Shader : 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0
-> Vertex Shader : 1.0 , 2.0 , 3.0

Using filters to find games that possibly I can always serve and when I meet my computer hardware. In my case my hardware is the follow :

Processor(s) : AMD Athlon X2 +6000 , 3,00 GHz , Dual Core , 64-Bits
Ram : 3,00 GHz , DDR2 667 MHz

Video : Nvidia GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM) , 128 MB
-> OpenGL : 2.0
-> Pixel Shader : 3.0
-> Vertex Shader : 3.0
-> Tech Specs Link -> http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce6_techspecs.html

Apart of that , for Linux / Mac version of Steam, if posible to add a method for play games native for Windows using wine , because in this moment i can play some games , using PlayOnLinux + Steam + Steam Games (some need some fixes in the regedit / add files to system32 folder) , for example games i can play with wine 1.7.52 (Current Lastest Dev Version) :

8-BitBoy
AirMech
Ben There, Dan That ( + Time Gentlemen , Please! )
Bionic Dues
Castle Crasher
CubeTractor
Earth 2150 : Lost Soul ( i need spanish translation , the game just have german lang)
Enclave ( In some parts i have overflood of fps incluse using OpenGL engine )
Gorky 17 ( i can play the game , not the videos )
Hostile Waters : Antaeus Rising
Knights and Merchants
Nux
Polarity
QuestRun
Racer 8
Ragnarok Online
Relic Hunter Zero
SuperCrateBox
Talisman : Prologue
Terra Incognigta ~ Chapter One : The Descendant

I can play very slowly :
Bloop
Humanity Assets
Overcast - Walden and the Warewolf
Skyborn
Ubinota

The follow games have native for Linux / Mac , but can be play using Wine too :
12 Labours Of Hercules
Anoxemia
Arma Tactics
Dungeon Hearts
Half-Life + MODS
Millie
Penumbra : Overture , Black Plague , Requiem
RUSH
Sparkle 2 Evo
The 39 Steps
Toki Tori
TorchLight II
Trine 2
World Of Goo

Games with native Linux i just can play with native from Windows :
Limbo ( The Linux Native just have a Black Screen )
Serena ( The Linux Native never start )
Games family loan ( My native client of Linux , dont show me the games from another(s) users of steam with shared library )

After all of this , i think is good idea make a section for Wine inside the posix-like steam client , and make polls , for games , can be play , in the lastest version of wine + steam , without any modification , or making modifications in some files or regedit i dont have any problem sharing this information .

And finally , the Steam from for Android , i think that can be install games i had buy trought steam , for example : World Of Goo , Geometric Dash , etc . . . and put the Steam Achievements :D

In the answers , of this post , the users answers , can copy and paste the follow with it answer , please ?

Do you agree with my suggestion for the search : ???
Do you agree with my suggestion for Steam Linux/Mac include Wine Support : ???
Do you agree with my suggestion for Steam Android Download Steam Game : ???

Thank you for readme
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Inukaze; 16.11.2015 kello 23.23
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 38 kommentista
Inukaze 26.10.2015 kello 8.37 
Do you agree with my suggestion for the search : Yes
Do you agree with my suggestion for Steam Linux/Mac include Wine Support : Yes
Do you agree with my suggestion for Steam Android Download Steam Game : Yes
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Inukaze; 26.10.2015 kello 13.08
Gryxx 26.10.2015 kello 12.45 
Agree
a whole lot of work for a database that would be changed/updated on a daily basis.

It's the users responsibility to know and understand their own system specs and requirements for the system they play on and each game, which is displayed on every store page...

Inukaze 27.10.2015 kello 10.44 
and why don't start modify the database ? . For the suggentions . because some users , have a job, and some of they use the free time to search , verify if have the hardware requiered by a game , trying to find some game , can be played , by the hardware the user had .

For example , ok i wanna find a game
Demo / Free (Free-2-Play) / Offer low cost

The user have the follow hardware & Software : PC
S.O : Linux and/or Mac OS X
Ram : 4 GB Ram DDR3
Video : 64 MB NVidia GeForce 5200 LE

Ok the user , using filter , can find the type of game , and by each game , must down in the page for check if their hardware to verify that this qualifies to play some game available in the steam store

for example me , i have a lot of free time , and verify for example 300 pages with 25 games in each page the store , and It is really tired , when i found something i just add to the wishlish , but do not really want , if possible i search demo version for test the game , in much case games dont have demo version , and that is very important for me , because a playable demo , is a basic test if the full version of the game works fine for me or not .

Follow with the searching , Thing can be very fast find game i can use filters when i know my hardware .

To Specify : The Actual Filters ( Types , Genre , Characteristics , Number Of Players , Operating System , Language ) , can reduce the result a lot . but with this i am not sure if some game can be use with my hardware .

For that my suggestion for add in the filters : Ram Amount , Proccesor(s) Core : 1,2,4,8 , Video : Amount of MB / GB , Pixel Shader versions , Vertex Shaders Versions , OpenGL version .

For reduce the quantity of results , and if i specify my hardware , find game compatible with my machine , to be more secure , the game i can be play with my hardware , preferably having demo available to make sure it works me and flowing well enough to play decently
Is it really that hard to look at the system requirements for a game and then compare your system to it??
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Milky Chews; 27.10.2015 kello 16.39
Inukaze 27.10.2015 kello 17.49 
No is hard , is so tired when you are looking games compatible with your hardware , and you have 700+ pages , with 25 games in each , compare hardware in each title available just for see , the game can be used with my hardware .
mitcoes 31.10.2015 kello 3.48 
YES YES YES
hardware filters for your hardware
WINE filters and or tags and even better be able to run wine games from the native Linux client
Merge every plattform.

And I would add 720p settings (almost 1k) in order to be able to play software that runs slow at 1080p (almost 2k) at your computer / SM that some day will get old. As a must hgave tobe at the steam shop (1k (720p), 2k (1080p) and 4k settings please, and better if they rename it to 1k, 2k, 4k, for better understanding for non techies)
tobi 31.10.2015 kello 3.54 
How about faster updates
Sebalogy 31.10.2015 kello 4.28 
Do you agree with my suggestion for the search : yes
Do you agree with my suggestion for Steam Linux/Mac include Wine Support : yes
Do you agree with my suggestion for Steam Android Download Steam Game : yes
sour 31.10.2015 kello 4.41 
jopa jopa golova
cinedine 31.10.2015 kello 5.04 
mitcoes lähetti viestin:
And I would add 720p settings (almost 1k) in order to be able to play software that runs slow at 1080p (almost 2k) at your computer / SM that some day will get old. As a must hgave tobe at the steam shop (1k (720p), 2k (1080p) and 4k settings please, and better if they rename it to 1k, 2k, 4k, for better understanding for non techies)

Completely useless for PC.
Modern games support the majority of resoultions between 800*600 and 1920*1080. If anything 16:10 (1680*1050) and 2560*1440 are the odd ones.
Your denotion is also completely off. "1k" no one uses, "2k" is 1440p, 1080p is commonly known as Full HD. And every monitor allows upscaling to for your 800*600 game to run in UHD.
Instead of this you should maybe get a good PC.
Inukaze 3.11.2015 kello 18.19 
Milky Chews lähetti viestin:
Instead of this you should maybe get a good PC.

If you want to give me a "decent PC" I have no problem with that.

But that will not be a solution for gamers who live in countries with unstable economies and / or where you need almost destroyed about 5 work 24/7 to get a PC motherboard 2010 or 2012, at 500% of its original price and you need approximately 96 salaries to buy.

Not that one can have more purchasing power than others should forget about the needs of others, with less purchasing power

Therefore I still consider my suggestions can be a solution for many steam users do not have the ability to acquire more recent hardware
tl;dr
But yes: A "find games I can run" search option would be nice. (Either search by Minimum Settings or by Recommended Settings)
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 38 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 15 30 50

Lähetetty: 26.10.2015 kello 8.25