ash Oct 8, 2018 @ 2:42am
More like this is completely useless
While looking at Airport CEO I look at the so called 'More like this' section and find utterly ridiculous games such as CS GO, etc.

Also unbelievably I do not see Sim Airport mentioned anywhere even after expanding the view all. Two more similar games you are very unlikely to ever find. The two games have identical /almost identical tags while some of the games displayed have ZERO tags in common.

The same occurs on 'more like this' on the Sim Airport page too.

It seems this feature is nothing more than advertising for AAA companies with the money to 'inflluence' things such as this. I guess that's capitalism for you, right?

Sadly steam is rapidly closing in on the level of ♥♥♥♥♥ perfected by the App Store.
Last edited by Alice; Oct 11, 2018 @ 9:03am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Cyanfrost Oct 8, 2018 @ 4:05am 
"I don't like capitalism"
"I use App Store"
MadMikael Oct 8, 2018 @ 8:40am 
I'm hoping this is just a temporary bug.
I've noticed it too, but it already seems to be getting "slightly" bettter.
I think it has to do with your personal profile history, and the changes Steam is making with the store.
A workaround: open steam store in a regular web browser, where you're not logged in, and you *could* get better results.

EDIT: I see the issue now even on my external browser. Shame.
Last edited by MadMikael; Oct 8, 2018 @ 8:41am
cSg|mc-Hotsauce Oct 8, 2018 @ 8:49am 
It states why on the "More like this" page itself...

The tags customers have most frequently applied to SimAirport have also been applied to these products:

:qr:
ash Oct 9, 2018 @ 4:04am 
Originally posted by Cyanfrost:
"I don't like capitalism"
"I use App Store"

Thanks for your thoughtful contribution and attempt to derail this thread, dude!
ash Oct 9, 2018 @ 4:08am 
Originally posted by cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

The tags customers have most frequently applied to SimAirport have also been applied to these products:

Only.... they haven't!!!

Notice how I said:
"The two games have identical /almost identical tags while some of the games displayed have ZERO tags in common."
ash Oct 9, 2018 @ 4:11am 
Originally posted by MadMikael:
I'm hoping this is just a temporary bug.
I've noticed it too, but it already seems to be getting "slightly" bettter.
I think it has to do with your personal profile history, and the changes Steam is making with the store.
A workaround: open steam store in a regular web browser, where you're not logged in, and you *could* get better results.

EDIT: I see the issue now even on my external browser. Shame.

Interesting although I don't play FPS so I'm not sure why they would be showing CS GO etc. I'll try browser version, thanks. I also had a look at SteamDB but when I look at Airport CEO 'More Like This' I see no results. Maybe the developer can enable / disable this option and if disabled it just shows defaults.
cSg|mc-Hotsauce Oct 9, 2018 @ 7:14am 
Originally posted by ash:
Originally posted by cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

Only.... they haven't!!!

Notice how I said:
"The two games have identical /almost identical tags while some of the games displayed have ZERO tags in common."

They all have at least 2 tags in common.

For CS:GO, "Realistic" and "Strategy."

ash Oct 10, 2018 @ 1:43am 
cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

You really are missing the point of my OP, but thanks for trying at least.
ash Oct 10, 2018 @ 1:58am 
Just today I notice that magically for some games I now see some at least sensible suggestions in the 'More like this' section.

Perhaps someone at Valve actually saw this thread (I doubt it) and has fixed this. If so great, just a shame it took so long.
zaphodikus Oct 14, 2018 @ 6:49am 
it has to do with tagging being bad, not capitalism, yes, it got worse, I think the improvements to discovery queue basically screwed up "more like this", I woud lrather the discovery queue feature got removed entirely, it's wasting too much airtime.
DonMoozer Oct 15, 2018 @ 2:44am 
yeah that sysmtem sucks hard , but my guess is that the more devs pay valve the more there game comes in that pool.I also get stupid fps crap as i look for rpg or sim.and i filterd fps out bcoz that the worst gamegenre there is.
Daedalus007 Oct 15, 2018 @ 6:44am 
I've noticed that the Steam Discovery Queue has this same problem where 'because this is popular even though you've explicitly chosen to IGNORE games like this dozens of times AND you have explicitly filtered out games tagged with similar stuff like VR or whatever'.

Valve getting that sweet promo money from big publishers. Who knew? =D

Originally posted by Demoniax:
yeah that sysmtem sucks hard , but my guess is that the more devs pay valve the more there game comes in that pool.I also get stupid fps crap as i look for rpg or sim.and i filterd fps out bcoz that the worst gamegenre there is.

Doom 2017 would like a word with you =D
Last edited by Daedalus007; Oct 15, 2018 @ 6:45am
wuddih Oct 15, 2018 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by Demoniax:
my guess is that the more devs pay valve the more there game comes in that pool.
you can not pay Valve for advertising space, that is not possible.
the stuff suspect to be paid advertising is all self-curated by Valve. they push stuff that will sell good, they get 30% of everything anyway.
Dr.Shadowds 🐉 Oct 15, 2018 @ 8:13am 
cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

He not...

You complain about the games not having any same tags, yet there's two tags that suggest otherwise.

Also tags are apply by the community votes, so there's also that to consider.
ash Jan 26, 2019 @ 2:01am 
Originally posted by Dr.Shadowds 🐉:
cSg|mc-Hotsauce:

He not...

You complain about the games not having any same tags, yet there's two tags that suggest otherwise.

Also tags are apply by the community votes, so there's also that to consider.

He do...

As do you!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 8, 2018 @ 2:42am