Glebu Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:10am
how about adding music disks as a reward for making a medal with trading cards
like for example i make a tf2 medal with my trading cards and i get the main theme
and now i can put it on my profile and it plays the music when ur on my profile
edit:mayday if i think about it this is a bad idea and i cant delete this
Last edited by Glebu; Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:22am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
999999999 Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:13am 
No. This is not MySpace. We don't need music blaring when we go to a users profile. Abusers would exploit it and have Rick Roll playing.
Glebu Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:13am 
Originally posted by 999999999:
No. This is not MySpace. We don't need music blaring when we go to a users profile. Abusers would exploit it and have Rick Roll playing.
an optiont to disable music then?
Theblaze Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:14am 
Originally posted by Glebu | trade.tf:
[...] and it plays the music when ur on my profile

Oh no, please no!.
999999999 Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:15am 
an optiont to disable music then?

NO!
MalikQayum Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:16am 
No. This is not MySpace. We don't need music blaring....
you should not speak for others behalf, since this is not an all too bad of an idea, you could have soundtracks of games you owned, granted the game itself has a soundtrack, and have that playing as a showcase.
Last edited by MalikQayum; Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:17am
999999999 Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:17am 
Originally posted by MalikQayum:
you should not speak for others behalf, since this is not an all too bad of an idea, you could have soundtracks of games you owned, granted the game itself has a soundtrack, and have that playing as a showcase.

And yet, there are many threads about adding music to the profiles and the ones replying agree with me.

Use the search function before saying that I am speaking for others.
cinedine Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:20am 
No. This is not MySpace. We don't need music blaring....

It IS a bad idea. No one likes autoplaying stuff. There is a reason why browsers nowadays indicate which tab is playing audio and let you mute it. Because people got bloody annoyed by this.
MalikQayum Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by cinedine:
It IS a bad idea. No one likes autoplaying stuff. There is a reason why browsers nowadays indicate which tab is playing audio and let you mute it. Because people got bloody annoyed by this.
this is his profile and with todays mindblowing coding you can disable autoplay, i know i know that is some mindblowing stuff right there.

now that said, this is his profile not yours, whatever is on his profile is on his profile, you do not like that then why the.. are you on that profile?
Last edited by MalikQayum; Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:27pm
MalikQayum Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:25pm 

And yet, there are many threads about adding music to the profiles and the ones replying agree with me.

Use the search function before saying that I am speaking for others.

what is it to you that someone else has music on their profile? how is it affecting your ability to stay on steam? i mean you decide by your free will to browse profiles. Imagin if you then decide you do not like something on x users profile and you get a bunch topics that agrees with your standpoint, does that then mean that should not be allowed?

Steam is an evolving client, it is not what it was when it began 14 years ago neither is it any longer what it was 7 years ago, asking for user profile Personalization is not that far out.

also i merely suggested an alteration of the OPs suggestion which was to allow only tracks that were owned and by games that had soundtracks which could then be presented in showcases.

which is perfectly fine suggestion in itself even if it has been suggested multiple of times.
Last edited by MalikQayum; Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:29pm
MalikQayum Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:39pm 
http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/35220951696307130/#c35220951706068044

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/371918937283009137/#c371918937283112279

eram had a decent suggestion...

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/10/487870763294004902/#c487870763295164874

And Tito rebutes it well.
you must not comprehend english or it may not be your first language but it seems that i need to cut it out for you, what Eram and tito says are not an expression of what valve thinks, they are expressing their own opinions which are fine they are users like you and me (though they have a responsibility towards the community but they do not decide which suggestions are valid and which are not that is for valve to decide themselves.).

fox is actually writing exactly what i also suggested which is completely plausible.
Last edited by MalikQayum; Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:41pm
cinedine Oct 30, 2017 @ 12:54pm 
this is his profile and with todays mindblowing coding you can disable autoplay, i know i know that is some mindblowing stuff right there.

now that said, this is his profile not yours, whatever is on his profile is on his profile, you do not like that then why the.. are you on that profile?

These are my ears and my sanity. Why I visit someone's profile doesn't matter.
If ever it would not be "disabeling" bur "enabeling" music. But why waste time on some novelty most users won't use after a month?
MalikQayum Oct 30, 2017 @ 1:02pm 
These are my ears and my sanity. Why I visit someone's profile doesn't matter.
If ever it would not be "disabeling" bur "enabeling" music. But why waste time on some novelty most users won't use after a month?
why does the fact that you visiting other peoples personal profiles not matter but it matters what each indvidual user does with their own profile seems to matter, as long as they are within guidelines why does it matter to you ?

it is beyond me why some third person should dictate whether or not a user is allowed to have something on their profile (granted it is within the guidelines ofc).

imagine if someone had something against the color pink something super sensitive around that color and that person some day ends up on another users profile that is completely pink (badges/background/showcases just imagine a pink hell), the question is then why are you bothered by that? when all you have to do is leave the profile page, why would you subject yourself for that pink hell and why would you subject your opinions about it onto the user that seems to like pink?

then to answer your last question, who would use it after a month.. well it is a showcase the beauty of showcases is that you do not need to use them untill you want to use them and someone out there will probably enjoy having it while others will not but because some might not like it does not change the validity of the suggestion of having it.

Last edited by MalikQayum; Oct 30, 2017 @ 1:06pm
cinedine Oct 30, 2017 @ 1:08pm 
then to answer your last question, who would use it after a month.. well it is a showcase the beauty of showcases is that you do not need to use them untill you want to use them and someone out there will probably enjoy having it while others will not.

How about getting back to the topic at hand and not what you imagine?

like for example i make a tf2 medal with my trading cards and i get the main theme

The last part heavily implying autoplay.
I am against autoplay on ANYTHING, Steam profiles included. I don't care what anyone does to their profile as long as it doesn't negatively affect others. This does. And therefore I am against it becoming a possibility.
MalikQayum Oct 30, 2017 @ 1:19pm 
then to answer your last question, who would use it after a month.. well it is a showcase the beauty of showcases is that you do not need to use them untill you want to use them and someone out there will probably enjoy having it while others will not.

How about getting back to the topic at hand and not what you imagine?

The last part heavily implying autoplay.
I am against autoplay on ANYTHING, Steam profiles included. I don't care what anyone does to their profile as long as it doesn't negatively affect others. This does. And therefore I am against it becoming a possibility.

I can't stop cringing because "negatively affect others" you decided that the mass majority would find this to negatively affect others.. did you ask 300 million+ users that question or did you just browse a few topics with more or less 100 or so comments put together stating they did not like the suggestion and decided that this would be the mass majority.

there are alot of things people do not like on steam, the fact it moved from being solely a game distributor to also distribute movies etc so this is no different, if valve decides it is a valid suggestion then will implement it without giving 2 cents about your ears and your sanity.

this will be my last response to this topic have a nice day.
Last edited by MalikQayum; Oct 30, 2017 @ 1:20pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 30, 2017 @ 11:10am