Sjru 🐲 Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:12am
Steam Appcache folder causing random crashes
Well hello there, since sometime (Along with some problems I've stated before) I've been having problems with Steam since it crashes randomly.

When it does that, if I try to load Steam it will crash as soon as it logins, however, it's temporariliy fixed if I completely delete the "Appcache" folder.

Seems that something there is created while I play or use Steam that causes a permanent crash.

I don't really know what is, but it might be related to my "Game is unavailable" problems, and the .blob problems.

I always wanted to peek into the .dmp file it's created when those crash happens, but so far I haven't found an app that could read those files.

I've contacted support, and they told me the usual stuff that doesn't bring me nowhere and if they work, they do so for a while, when the problem comes back.

So basically, is there an app or someone who would like to read those .dmp files so I can get a better idea of what to do?

Thanks
~Sjru
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Icarus Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:36am 
Can you post a picture? I think I might have the same problem.
Sjru 🐲 Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by Mister Lister the Sister Fister:
Can you post a picture? I think I might have the same problem.

Of the crash error? Unfortunately it just CTD without message.
However it creates a minidump file, which is useful for this.
Icarus Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:40am 
Does the Steam layout glitch out?
Sjru 🐲 Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:47am 
Does the Steam layout glitch out?

In game? Sometimes it doesn't load or takes load of time to do so, in TF2, LFD2 and other games more than others.
It works fine on CiV
Icarus Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:53am 
No, I mean outside of it. For me anything I play crashes within minutes, and steam AND internet explorer stops working.
Sjru 🐲 Sep 6, 2012 @ 12:14pm 
http://imageshack.us/f/593/58619381.png/

and

http://imageshack.us/f/16/fmld.png/ Show what it looks like

Well my Issue is with Steam sadly.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:12am