Prices on Steam
So I recently got this expention on my Chrome that shows world prices of games and it seems that the prices are a bit weird.Like COD Ghost costs 20 Euro in Russia and 68 Euro in Australia.I'm not here to criticize or anything but this seems a bit odd to me.Looks like the only game that's for a good price in Australia is the Valve Complete Pack.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von GTA5Player [Perker]; 2. Sep. 2013 um 2:34
< >
Beiträge 115 von 64
Australians pay more because the games have to be recoded to display upside down.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von The Rock God; 2. Sep. 2013 um 2:22
Ursprünglich geschrieben von bu_chengshi:
Australians pay more because the games have to be recoded to display upside down.

you sir, just won the internet :squirtyay:
And if you knew how much effort it takes to do exactly that you would not claim stupid things like that.

Ursprünglich geschrieben von Timey Wimey Detector:

you sir, just won the internet :squirtyay:
He has won something alright but it ain't the internet.
If anything he has just prven that the chicken comes first, and that he was not there before the chicken.
They sell games by zones. Poor zones pay less for games.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Rumpelcrutchskin:
So Russia's the poorest?
Zuletzt bearbeitet von GTA5Player [Perker]; 2. Sep. 2013 um 3:50
Looks like it. I live in dirt-poor country and it costs 60 for me. Dont know what their criterias really are. :hmm:
Looks like it. I live in dirt-poor country and it costs 60 for me. Dont know what their criterias really are. :hmm:

because your in the eu zone if the prices were lower for you , you would sell them cheaper to the rest of the eu zone
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Perker GTA5Player:
So Russia's the poorest?

:D
Developers/Publisher set the prices. Not Steam/Valve.

They set them to what they think those regions can handle.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von ChillChill:
And if you knew how much effort it takes to do exactly that you would not claim stupid things like that.

It's actually a lot harder than it sounds. You have to use a POIUY keyboard, and a left handed mouse. Then there's the special testing to get the 1.7 surround sound to work right. And let's not forget about the custom computer cases, with the fans that spin the other way. You have to install them backwards, using left handed screws (which require a left handed screwdriver).

It's actually a lot harder than it sounds. You have to use a POIUY keyboard, and a left handed mouse. Then there's the special testing to get the 1.7 surround sound to work right. And let's not forget about the custom computer cases, with the fans that spin the other way. You have to install them backwards, using left handed screws (which require a left handed screwdriver).
Hmm upside down you said, and now right to left too.
That would rather be "= : ; , n b " for the keyboard, ofcourse I am not a programmer and you are.

Troll.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Perker GTA5Player:
So Russia's the poorest?
No they are the smartest and refuse to pay the insane prices we are.
OMG you guys keep getting funnier by the minute.

I forgot that only qwerty keyboards exist.
Sorry, me Alzheimer is kicking up again.

Anyway I am out to go play with the big boys now because you are making it really way too easy.
Just roll over and play dead now ok? That or at least come up with something that is a bit of a challenge.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von ChillChill; 2. Sep. 2013 um 10:03
I was pulling your leg ... maybe a bit too hard. xD

I was expecting that 'm' reply before pressing submit.
Most game developers do forget to include Azerty and other keyboard layout config presets . ;)
Zuletzt bearbeitet von ChillChill; 2. Sep. 2013 um 10:19
I forgot that only qwerty keyboards exist.

There's also DVORAK keyboards, but only the most hipster musicians use them (on their Macs, of course).

Ursprünglich geschrieben von Muppet among Puppets:
.... and if its winter for the normal fans, the ones in australia have to deal with summer!
I would say, australian prices are dirt cheap if you keep all this in mind.

I totally forgot about the seasonal difference. Time for more testing. We may have to increase the budget.

Ursprünglich geschrieben von Muppet among Puppets:
We came up with a challenge. Its called humor. You have hard times comprehending.

At least somebody else gets it.
< >
Beiträge 115 von 64
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 2. Sep. 2013 um 1:41