Steam was unable to sync your files with the cloud
Been having this error pop up each time I try to launch cloud enabled games today. Not sure if it's my Steam client or the cloud servers are down. I've never had this issue in the past. Any ideas?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Same to me too, something on the cloud's end.
Spawn of Totoro Jun 11, 2013 @ 4:33pm 
Just disable the Cloud, unless you play the same games over several computers, it isn't needed.
Originally posted by Spawn of Totoro:
Just disable the Cloud, unless you play the same games over several computers, it isn't needed.
But i like the cloud... :'(
Facedown Jun 11, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
Originally posted by PootisBird, The Raven:
But i like the cloud... :'(

Cloud has screwed up too many times for me to like it even a little bit. Unless you play on more than one computer it is pretty pointless. It can also corrupt your save, copy over new saves, it takes longer to launch steam, closing games and closing Steam. It is very unreliable also.
what will happen then? will all my progress in BR2 and stuff in TF2 be gone?
If you disable cloud, no savegames will be uploaded
JHarlequin Jun 13, 2015 @ 1:10am 
I had a problem the other day with this, but the problem went away. Today though it is telling me about it with any game I play. They just aren't trying to sync when I stop playing.

As for disabling the cloud, I have had to switch computers several times this year due to a faulty power supply in my primary computer. If I hadn't been syncing to the cloud, I would have lost more then I wanted to. Most people won't have that issue and can disable the cloud, but for others it is a very appreciated backup until it stops working.
I'm getting the same problem. Suddenly it's saying "Steam was unable to sync your files for [game name] with the Steam Cloud." I haven't changed any settings or anything like that. It just randomly started saying it within the past hour. I'm assuming this must be an error that came with a new update. Hopefully it gets patched soon. I've never seen this before.
Orks Jun 13, 2015 @ 1:58am 
Yeah I think its a bug :/
Yeah I think a bug :/
Orks Jun 13, 2015 @ 2:07am 
Happening right now. But steam cloud doesnt affect anything, but save files
Kosmozuikis Jun 13, 2015 @ 2:55am 
Same happening for me today. Fix please :)
BirdCute Jun 13, 2015 @ 5:19am 
Yep, same for me.
dimitili Jun 13, 2015 @ 5:35am 
can i play if disable cloud?...i mean i only want my mods up to date kai my save in my hard drive...
Ambatukam Jun 13, 2015 @ 6:18am 
yep

Steam Cloud is giving me the same error
< >
Showing 1-15 of 52 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 11, 2013 @ 4:27pm