TNT Jun 11, 2013 @ 12:56am
Steam friends network offline?
So for several hours now i haven't been able to connect to the friends network... i'm starting to wonder if this is a server issue. If not any advice?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Felix Jun 11, 2013 @ 12:58am 
Steam is up.

Make sure your firewall and router are not blocking the connection.

You might also find it beneficial to take a look at these Steam Support Articles:
TNT Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:00am 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
Steam is up.

Make sure your firewall and router are not blocking the connection.

You might also find it beneficial to take a look at these Steam Support Articles:

Having no problems with steam just the friends network section... it states i'm offline and doesn't allow me to connect. Buy games sure... just can't communicate. Can sign into the website... but send a message nope.
Last edited by TNT; Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:03am
Felix Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:03am 
Try launching Steam using the
-tcp
launch parameter. If you don't know how to do this, have a look at this Support article:
Steam Support -> Setting Steam Launch Options.
TNT Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:09am 
Originally posted by FrazerJC:
Try launching Steam using the
-tcp
launch parameter. If you don't know how to do this, have a look at this Support article:
Steam Support -> Setting Steam Launch Options.

Did nothing...
TNT Jun 11, 2013 @ 1:13am 
Resolved after 80 restarts
II KURUPT II Jul 30, 2013 @ 3:32am 
I'm currently having this same issue... have no idea what is going on.
sfnhltb Jul 30, 2013 @ 3:59am 
The steam servers were a bit up and down earlier - one hint is when the "community activity" on the main page has a big downward spike - so that might be the cause.
markD. Jul 30, 2013 @ 4:19am 
:)
TNT Jul 30, 2013 @ 12:29pm 
Originally posted by II KURUPT II:
I'm currently having this same issue... have no idea what is going on.

I restarted my PC to fix the problems with the friends portion of steam, restarting steam itself did nothing(this actually happened a handful of times since my first post).
Livid Tide Aug 16, 2013 @ 11:57am 
Exact same problem for me, but restarting my PC or running with -tcp does nothing. Now it's almost permanent. I just bought a new game and got the receipt, but I can't download it.
Desertworld Aug 16, 2013 @ 12:40pm 
got the same problem here too.. i added someone cause i wanted to trade (and he wanted to trade with me too, so he didnt block me or something) with him, a few minutes later the friend request was gone from my friend list, i tried to add him several times more but the friend list doesnt show that i tried to add him. my girlfriend tried to add someone too then a few minutes after i couldnt add and she has the same problem.
me too i can click the online button i just cant actually go online
Livid Tide Aug 19, 2013 @ 9:52am 
Well, this will be seem stupid but.... go to the Steam menu on the top left and press Go Online. It solved it for me even though I never pressed Go Offline. It does restart Steam which helps.
SonicLux Hedgeman Apr 13, 2015 @ 3:52am 
Having the same problem, it happened to me justa bit ago, and it still continues. I can use steam to roam around the internet, but cant talk to anyone or playing online. If i logout, i wont be able to login back. This never happened before tho.
I dont have any offline mode on so yeah.
Desertworld Apr 13, 2015 @ 5:22am 
wow you literally digged out a 2 year old thread and posted an answer.. its been 2 years now so there will be a total different problem! by the way delete your clientregistry.blop and restart steam. it will update and maybe solve the problem
< >
Showing 1-15 of 30 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 11, 2013 @ 12:56am