Este tema ha sido cerrado
MrVinny1113 21 FEB 2013 a las 19:36
do vanilla visa gift cards work with steam?
if they do specifically tell me how to activate the gift card
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 29 comentarios
dirrtymartini 21 FEB 2013 a las 19:38 
They work just like a regular credit card. Ensure you register the card with the Vanilla Visa website first. You'll need to provide Vanilla Visa with your zipcode. After that, you are good to go.
MrVinny1113 21 FEB 2013 a las 21:55 
really? i see a lot of bad reviews on it about it getting declined on every purchase and that the customer service is terrible
tmwfte 21 FEB 2013 a las 21:59 
Publicado originalmente por MrVinny1113:
really? i see a lot of bad reviews on it about it getting declined on every purchase and that the customer service is terrible

It's likely people who haven't registered them online first that are complaining. I've used two or three this year already (Vanilla MasterCard, mind you, not the Visa ones) and no problems.
MrVinny1113 21 FEB 2013 a las 22:00 
it looks like im getting vanilla mastercard
dirrtymartini 21 FEB 2013 a las 22:03 

They really do work with Steam. I've been given a few over the last year. As long as you register your zipcode with vanillavisa.com, you are golden.

Now, I can't speak about their customer service. Never had to call them.
well what do you enter in the location info when buying funds on steam? All I have is my zipcode to enter and I dont know what to enter for the other info.
Publicado originalmente por dirrtygsharp:

They really do work with Steam. I've been given a few over the last year. As long as you register your zipcode with vanillavisa.com, you are golden.

Spawn of Totoro 30 JUL 2013 a las 11:57 
well what do you enter in the location info when buying funds on steam? All I have is my zipcode to enter and I dont know what to enter for the other info.

Go to the Card's site and enter you address there. Then enter your address on Steam the same way.

If there is no where to enter your address on the cards site, then just enter your address in Steam and see if that works.
dirrtymartini 30 JUL 2013 a las 12:03 

With Vanilla Visa cards, all you need to register is your zip code. Use the same zip code with Steam and everything should work. In theory, you could use a different street address, city, and state but I wouldn't.
Última edición por dirrtymartini; 30 JUL 2013 a las 12:04
Ugh I'm getting some stupid error message when I try. I just tried to use this card on another online source and it worked fine. This is what im looking at: http://gyazo.com/ca9f4a9a34df935720d2fe51e81a26bf

Oh well.
dirrtymartini 30 JUL 2013 a las 13:06 
Ugh I'm getting some stupid error message when I try. I just tried to use this card on another online source and it worked fine. This is what im looking at: http://gyazo.com/ca9f4a9a34df935720d2fe51e81a26bf

Oh well.

Based on your screencap, I would have rejected your transaction too. You have no name, no billing address, city, state, zip code, or telephone number.

A suggestion -- use whatever name and address is associated with your Steam account when purchasing games with your gift card. I've done that many times when I receive a gift card and it always, 100% of the time, works without error.
Spawn of Totoro 30 JUL 2013 a las 13:11 
Based on your screencap, I would have rejected your transaction too. You have no name, no billing address, city, state, zip code, or telephone number.

A suggestion -- use whatever name and address is associated with your Steam account when purchasing games with your gift card. I've done that many times when I receive a gift card and it always, 100% of the time, works without error.

This.

You still need to enter valid information.
I entered all my info and still no go.
I tried it earlier but I was just too lazy to block out the info.
Spawn of Totoro 30 JUL 2013 a las 13:22 
I entered all my info and still no go.
I tried it earlier but I was just too lazy to block out the info.

Did you go to the cards site and enter the information there first?
MrVinny1113 30 JUL 2013 a las 14:01 
gee thanks for replying to my post 5 months after i posted it

Senpai~Chan 8 SEP 2013 a las 18:07 
So if I use my vanilla mastercard and put in the zipcode for my house, with the correct address and information for myself, will this work? Also a side question, someone told me if you have a vanilla mastercard and you try to purchase something but there is an error or the purchase did not go through then your money was wasted, is that true? Thnx :)
< >
Mostrando 1-15 de 29 comentarios
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado el: 21 FEB 2013 a las 19:36