Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Trisreaper 3. dec. 2012 kl. 13:25
Steam.exe(main exception): ERROR: copying SteamNew.exe to Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
Every time I try to open steam I get this error message: Steam.exe(main exception): ERROR: copying SteamNew.exe to Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I followed steams instructions for that error code, restarted my pc, repaired steam, tried to manually update steam. But anyway I try to open it, it fails. I disabled my antivirus, and have closed all processes except ones required by system like explorer.exe and the other basic ones. I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advanced.

Here is an image of the error http://www.use.com/8433fc1c3a08d9e93254
Sidst redigeret af Trisreaper; 3. dec. 2012 kl. 13:27
< >
Viser 1-15 af 54 kommentarer
Trisreaper 3. dec. 2012 kl. 13:37 
Is there a manual way of updating steam, that might work? I really wanna play planetside 2 with my lil bro.
Sidst redigeret af Trisreaper; 3. dec. 2012 kl. 13:37
Trisreaper 3. dec. 2012 kl. 13:43 
I can put the steam.log file on here if you need me to, but I can't find anything helpful in it.
Cameron 3. dec. 2012 kl. 18:23 
i had the samething i bought arma2 combined ops and i dowloaded it. it did not work so i went on paypal were i bought and filed a complaint. it worked a week later
Sidst redigeret af Cameron; 3. dec. 2012 kl. 18:23
keithfc 3. dec. 2012 kl. 23:20 
I got the same error too. When will the problem be fixed?
Trisreaper 3. dec. 2012 kl. 23:23 
I fixed it. Go into safemode with network and open steam, then restart it fixed mine.
The Panty Raid 7. dec. 2012 kl. 12:43 
What do you mean by Safe Mode with the network. Here is my Skype. (I assume you have one)
Eric__Casel My Pic looks like an Emo Justin Beiber with long hair, Please message me on there or call me to fix it. I just bought Skyrim: DawnGuard And i wanna play it SOOO BADD
Thanks!
guardzero 7. dec. 2012 kl. 12:47 
I stopped my AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and after that the steam updated worked!
Trisreaper 7. dec. 2012 kl. 13:06 
Good, I had tried stopping my AVG but it didnt work. But Im glad the safemode did.
coolbiker 7. dec. 2012 kl. 13:34 
Only nice way I can think since it worked in a recent trouble shooting is deleteing most everything in the steam directory except "steam .exe",and "SteamApps" folder (though backup userdata since it has game saves) and the double click to reload steam and download files again.

Though noted in doing this I had to update a bunch of games to work with the update like Serious Sam 3 and bit trip.

"
Check the Status of Steam's Files

If the issue persists, you may have issues with your local Steam files. You may refresh these files without deleting your game files. Please follow this process to refresh your Steam files:

Exit Steam.

Navigate to your Steam installation directory. (c:\program files\steam\ by default.)

Delete everything in that directory EXCEPT the following:

steam.exe

steamapps directory (All of Steam's game files are kept here.)

Restart Steam to test the issue.
"
Trisreaper 7. dec. 2012 kl. 13:48 
Thanks for letting us know of yet another way to try to fix the problem.
Turdhat 7. dec. 2012 kl. 20:53 
Good deal
Alacho 25. jan. 2013 kl. 14:58 
Well,, I don't know if you guys still encounters this problem, but my fix was simply to:

Locate the Steam-folder
Scroll down, scroll down, to SteamNew.exe. NOTE: NOT steam.exe
Run it.
Steam will update it selv. Damdam! :D
andrey-t 26. jan. 2013 kl. 9:12 
No, none of this helps at all. In my case there's no 'SteamApps' folder, since this is a fresh Steam install with no games yet downloaded. After deleting everything I'm left with Steam.exe and nothing else.

Restarting Steam runs the update which fails at the very same 26% with the very same error message.

The "alternative fix" doe snot work wither: trying to run SteamNew.exe always results in instant "Steam is temporarily unavailable. Try again later" message.
Sidst redigeret af andrey-t; 26. jan. 2013 kl. 9:15
andrey-t 26. jan. 2013 kl. 12:06 
The only thing that really works (confirmed in my case) is the other popular suggestion you can see on the Net: reboot Windows in "Safe Mode with Networking", start Steam and let it complete the self-update. In Safe Mode it completes without any problems. Once it is done, reboot again to normal mode and log into your Steam account.

I don't know whether the problem will re-appear once Steam decides to run the next update... but so far it works fine.
Sidst redigeret af andrey-t; 26. jan. 2013 kl. 12:07
just1nw 2. feb. 2013 kl. 15:18 
Oprindeligt skrevet af XioCo Alacho:
Well,, I don't know if you guys still encounters this problem, but my fix was simply to:

Locate the Steam-folder
Scroll down, scroll down, to SteamNew.exe. NOTE: NOT steam.exe
Run it.
Steam will update it selv. Damdam! :D

I just had this error happen and running SteamNew.exe seemed to work for me as well. The update loaded and Steam started up normally after that.
< >
Viser 1-15 af 54 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Alle diskussioner > Steam-fora > Help and Tips > Trådoplysninger
Dato opslået: 3. dec. 2012 kl. 13:25