jackalac33 Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:55pm
wrong platform
I bought a steam game with the wrong platform, I wanted to buy the game to use with my mac. Instead I choose the pc game. Can I change my purchase?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Forcen Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:59pm 
If the game supports both mac and windows then you should be able to play both with some exceptions. Black ops is the only one.

What game was it?
Kargor Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
Yes, the Mac Steam client will download the Mac version, IF ONE IS AVAILABLE. According to the respective shop pages, only two of your 4 games have a Mac version.

Anything purchase-related can only be dealt with by the support guys, if they feel like it.
Last edited by Kargor; Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:04pm
Forcen Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:37pm 
How about you ask in the thread if you need more help instead of sending me a friend request. Then you get help from more people except me.
jackalac33 Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:38pm 
Originally posted by Forcen:
If the game supports both mac and windows then you should be able to play both with some exceptions. Black ops is the only one.

What game was it?
it was air conflict (vietnam)
Forcen Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:41pm 
If you check the store page for the game, above the "add to cart" button there is only a windows symbol there, so the game is windows only.
Spawn of Totoro Oct 12, 2013 @ 4:42pm 
Originally posted by jackalac33:
it was air conflict (vietnam)

That is a Windows only game. There is no Mac version available.

Steam has a no refund policy, however, they have been known to give refunds on a case by case basis. You will need to contact support to do so.
-----
Steam Support requires an account that is DIFFERENT to your Steam Account, so if you don't have a Steam Support account you'll need to create one.

Once you have your Steam Support account, you'll need to create a new ticket:

Written by FrazerJC
jackalac33 Oct 12, 2013 @ 5:00pm 
thank you, I gave it a shot and will wait the verdit!
jackalac33 Oct 12, 2013 @ 5:01pm 
thanks for all the comments. I wont make that mistake again!
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 12, 2013 @ 3:55pm