how does on best keep privacy and prevent being stalked through steam?
I'm not exactly having an issue with this atm. but i think it would be good knowledge for me and many other steam users who want to prevent being stalked online through steam.

what preventions can someone take? and what would be the best way to keep someone from tracking you through steam and possibly purposely popping into games that someone is in to disturb, harass, or just annoy someone.

like i said, this is not an issue. but i want to prevent this from becoming a possible issue in the future?

and do you people think steam has enough privacy and protects its users well enough?
< >
8 yorumdan 1 ile 8 arası gösteriliyor
Set your profile to private.
Set profile to private, accept ONLY friends, block users harrassing you.
İlk olarak Freyar tarafından gönderildi:
Set profile to private, accept ONLY friends, block users harrassing you.

This. ^

No all of the games do this, but the ones using Steam for in-game friends list and such, will prevent people you have blocked from joining a game with you.

You can set your profile to friends only, that will prevent others from accessing it.

Some things can't be blocked though. Your stats, for example. If you look at your forum avatar, it si gray when you are not on-line, bluse when you are and green when you are in a game.
I am having this problem at the moment. Three hackers hacked my account and got everything. I would recommend not even friends, private to just you, as these 3 have friended themselves on my account. If someone ever does do this to you, get in touc with your local police As soon as it starts. Stalking can get the others arrested.
İlk olarak ∝|NinjaWulv tarafından gönderildi:
I am having this problem at the moment. Three hackers hacked my account and got everything. I would recommend not even friends, private to just you, as these 3 have friended themselves on my account. If someone ever does do this to you, get in touc with your local police As soon as it starts. Stalking can get the others arrested.

Get in touch with local police to tell them my Steam Account has been hacked

Yah okay ill remember that Advice.......
If they hacked your account they are not 'friends'.
You do know that friending people doesn't automatically give them your password right?
İlk olarak Professor Waffles tarafından gönderildi:
You do know that friending people doesn't automatically give them your password right?

And that your local police will probably laugh in your face if you tell them your steam account has been hacked
< >
8 yorumdan 1 ile 8 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 2 Mar 2013 @ 23:33
İleti: 8