KEYS for games to gifts
Lets say I have a steam key to some game.... Can I use it but make a gift and not game? Or I need special cupon code?
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Spawk Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:25pm 
No. You cannot convert a CD-key into a Steam gift. Once you use the key, the game is tied to your account.
Originally posted by Spawk:
No. You cannot convert a CD-key into a Steam gift. Once you use the key, the game is tied to your account.

I havent used it already
LEOdf Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:28pm 
No. When you activate a key it is added to your library as a game. You cannot make a key into a gift. There are no special keys to make gifts. You can only get a gift when you buy from Steam and choose it as gift or when another Steam user sends/trades you a gift.
Last edited by LEOdf; Oct 28, 2014 @ 1:35pm
Spawk Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:29pm 
Originally posted by CZBedmintom:
I havent used it already
I don't see how that is relevant to what I said.
Kargor Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:35pm 
Originally posted by CZBedmintom:
I havent used it already

It kind of is. Technically, you gave an off-topic piece of information that wasn't relevant to his question, and he just followed up on that.
Spawk Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:39pm 
Originally posted by Kargor:

It kind of is. Technically, you gave an off-topic piece of information that wasn't relevant to his question, and he just followed up on that.
Whether he used the key or not doesn't change anything. He asked whether he can use a key to make a Steam gift. He can not. Once the key is used, the game is activated and can no longer be converted to a gift. How is that off topic in regards to his question?
Originally posted by Kargor:

Whether he used the key or not doesn't change anything. He asked whether he can use a key to make a Steam gift. He can not. Once the key is used, the game is activated and can no longer be converted to a gift. How is that off topic in regards to his question?

I must say LEOdf helped me.... He really Answered me but you two not. If you hate yourselves go to another discussion and fight there...
welves o no welves? Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:44pm 
no
Cathulhu Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:46pm 
It is not possible to convert a CD Key into a Steam Inventory Game Gift item.
I hope that answer is simple enough for you.
Last edited by Cathulhu; Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:47pm
Lames067 Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:50pm 
If you would like to "gift" someone, just give your unused keys to someone else you wanted and let them use the key to activate it in their own library.
Last edited by Lames067; Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:50pm
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Oct 27, 2014 @ 12:18pm