Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Help and Tips > Szczegóły wątku
Ten wątek został zamknięty
KebunteL 25 lutego 2015 o 1:03
How can I downloading 64 bit games on 32 bit OS
can someone tell me a trick or tips how to downloading 64 bit games (i mean ONLY downloading and NOT to play) on PC with 32 bit OS? i was downloading from my office because it has more faster internet to download but it has only 32bit system. I can't downloading on my 64bit OS PC at home because a very poor internet speed.
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-10 z 10 komentarzy
Tev 25 lutego 2015 o 1:08 
Use SteamCMD; you may have to specify the platform as a 64-bit though.

You can download SteamCMD from here: http://media.steampowered.com/installer/steamcmd.zip

1. Unzip it, run it as an administrator.
  2. login <AccountName> <password>
  3. <SteamGuard>
  4. force_install_dir <folder location>
  5. app_update <APP-ID>
    • Once it's done, type in exit

Do note that DLCs get downloaded with the basegame's APP-ID
If not sure what the APP-ID is, view the Store URL.
i.e. Dying Light: http:// store.steampowered. com/app/ 239140 It's the 239140
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Tev; 25 lutego 2015 o 1:08
KebunteL 25 lutego 2015 o 1:42 
thanks for your help Teutep, i was trying using your trick here at my office, but unfortunately it didn't go well, as i was trying to downloading sleeping dog definitive edition which is 64bit OS requirements, and it only downloading ~110mb (only directx and vcredist) it just same as when i downloading at my steam client here.. but i'm curious about your statement about specify the platform as 64 bit.. how can i specify my platform as 64bit even my platform was only 32bit?
Tev 25 lutego 2015 o 1:48 
Początkowo opublikowane przez HendiPurnomo:
thanks for your help Teutep, i was trying using your trick here at my office, but unfortunately it didn't go well, as i was trying to downloading sleeping dog definitive edition which is 64bit OS requirements, and it only downloading ~110mb (only directx and vcredist) it just same as when i downloading at my steam client here.. but i'm curious about your statement about specify the platform as 64 bit.. how can i specify my platform as 64bit even my platform was only 32bit?
I'll look into it.

The problem seems to suggest it's exactly that SteamCMD tries to download it as a x86 (32-bit) binary.

If you were on Mac or Linux (you're not), the command line would be somewhere similar to
@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows

Only that won't work directly; so I'll look into it.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Tev; 25 lutego 2015 o 1:49
KebunteL 25 lutego 2015 o 2:05 
Thanks teutep for your help, i really appreciated.Hope it can be solved soon, i just wondering why steam restrict this, with uplay client, i can downloading a game at 32bit OS (far cry 4) and just copying at my 64bit PC at home. Play without problem :\
Tev 25 lutego 2015 o 2:19 
Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything.

The only thing I'm left wondering is if someone used Mac or Linux; they could use the
sSteamCmdForcePlatformType windows
-command, which I'm wondering whether or not it applies to both x86 and x64 binaries on Windows; or just the former.

Unfortunately you can't apply the command on Windows (if other command formatting is to test with), as it will only come up with
    command not found

You seem to be able to download 32-bit binaries on a 64-bit OS even if the game had binaries for both versions with a set compatibility mode; but that obviously doesn't work the other way around.

Sorry to waste your time.
Ostatnio edytowany przez: Tev; 25 lutego 2015 o 2:20
KebunteL 25 lutego 2015 o 2:48 
never mind, it's all right then :), thanks again for your help, i will try to find another solution.
radovann 16 listopada 2015 o 4:37 
SOLVED

try @sSteamCmdForcePlatformBitness 64
KebunteL 18 grudnia 2016 o 20:36 
Początkowo opublikowane przez radovann:
SOLVED

Thanks Radovann, i can finally using this command to downloading from my office. It's work perfectly.
Dancelot 4 stycznia 2018 o 13:45 
Początkowo opublikowane przez radovann:
SOLVED

Working! I gonna try to install GTA V in my work with a laptop Windows 7 32 bits to passed for a Windows 10 :P
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-10 z 10 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Help and Tips > Szczegóły wątku
Data napisania: 25 lutego 2015 o 1:03