Krispy Demon May 7, 2014 @ 10:58am
Downloads Acting Crazy
I was downloading a few games I had purchased on a bundle last night. It was going to take a bit so after watching it download for a while I went for a drive. When I came back, most everything had finished except for two games. One said it was at 100% and the other was at something like 88%, yet they kept jumping back and forth from the top part of the queue, switching places.

I exited and restarted steam, same thing. Turned the computer off and back on again, same thing. I canceled the downloads and uninstalled the games, same thing. I tried downloading different games or to different drives and it does the same thing. It does seem to make progress most of the time but it's extraordinarily slow and it seems to be grinding my entire computer to a halt, which I've never had happen just from downloading something before so it must be the constant switching that is killing everything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Theophrastus May 7, 2014 @ 11:06am 
I've had the same issue, and have seen other people also report it too.

It doesn't seem to coincide with the April 24th client update (at least for me, I didn't notice it until like the 29th), so my best guess is that it's an issue on Valve's end and we can't really do anything about it.
cadenzaplus May 24, 2014 @ 11:12pm 
Switch your download region (Settings -> Downloads -> Download Region) to something in Europe, like Germany or Sweden. I had this problem when installing Borderlands 2 on a new computer, and switching my region to Sweden ended the problem. It's something to do with the US servers being assholish.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 7, 2014 @ 10:58am