Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Help and Tips > Подробности за темата
Windows 10 Disk Write Error [solved a while ago]
I need help with this, I have upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago but I can't install "Counter strike : Global Offensive", "Payday 2" or "The Secret World" as soon as they get to 100% they do something simular to this:

[2015-08-01 00:08:31] AppID 730 update canceled : Failed to move staging folder C:\Steam\steamapps\downloading/730 (Disk write failure)

But they're the only games that are messing up.

I would like to say my C:\ doesn't find any errors, I can't validate the game, i've restarted both steam and my computer, disabled my anti-virus and even ran steam as a administrator.
Последно редактиран от Star Child; 8 дек. 2015 в 21:24
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 38 коментара
Basically, you've tried everything in here?:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9709-FKCB-4230

Tried to disable background programs?
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8043-EUJN-5239

You could also see if the downloads work any better if you use something like SteamCMD instead?
Please don't post useless comments even though Teutep might have my answer.
Well disabling background programs didn't work because it disabled my internet but im going to move my steam location
Just had the same issue, tried everything I found on the web but nothing worked.
Finally found out the solution by myself, this should work if you have the issue with your games installed on another drive that you added back to steam game folders after a clean windows 10 installation (I am not sure this would work if you just upgraded your previous windows installation without whiping everything).

Basicaly the issue comes from the fact that your old authorizations are still applied to the other drive, if you check the folders ownership, you'll see that the owner have a weird ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ name. All you have to do is to change the ownership of your folders to something know by windows 10 (ex: Users) and edit this new User permissions the have full control.

This did the trick for me !

PS : You can find tutorials explaining how to change file/folder ownership everywhere on the web, the same applies for how to edit a user's permissions.
Първоначално публикувано от BS Infotaku:
Just had the same issue, tried everything I found on the web but nothing worked.
Finally found out the solution by myself, this should work if you have the issue with your games installed on another drive that you added back to steam game folders after a clean windows 10 installation (I am not sure this would work if you just upgraded your previous windows installation without whiping everything).

Basicaly the issue comes from the fact that your old authorizations are still applied to the other drive, if you check the folders ownership, you'll see that the owner have a weird ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ name. All you have to do is to change the ownership of your folders to something know by windows 10 (ex: Users) and edit this new User permissions the have full control.

PS : You can find tutorials explaining how to change file/folder ownership everywhere on the web, the same applies for how to edit a user's permissions.
I've solved my problem by moving the location of steam and i already deleted my windows.old before that so it couldn't have been that.
This solution will work 100% guaranteed.

Locate:

C:/Windows/ProgramFilesX86/Steam/SteamApps/Downloading (unless you've change Steams destination file folder)

Find the update to the game that is giving you an issue, and copy and paste it to:

C:/Windows/ProgramFilesX86/Steam/SteamApps/Common

That should override the permissions and allow for you to proceed. Go back to Steam an run the game, problem should be solved.

Последно редактиран от DavidWhite; 7 авг. 2015 в 15:04
Първоначално публикувано от BS Infotaku:

This worked for me too.

I had an 'unkown' user on the permissions of my steamapps folder. Removed it and added 'users'.
I have had the same issue with CS GO after upgrading to Windows 10.
First I removed and reinstalled steam in a different location.
I made a copy of my 'steamapps' folder en restored it to the new Steam directory. This did not fix the issue.
After trying some things I noticed there was a file (not folder) named CS GO in the Steamapps\common folder. This was probably preventing Steam from moving the downloaded folder.
After deleting the CS GO file under Steamapps\common Steam could finally finish the installation.
Последно редактиран от Suigetsu; 31 авг. 2015 в 23:50
Първоначално публикувано от ♠๖ۣۜƘƗƬƬƴcrafter™#Windows10✓:
I need help with this, I have upgraded to windows 10 not to long ago but I can't install "Counter strike : Global Offensive", "Payday 2" or "The Secret World" as soon as they get to 100% they do something simular to this:

[2015-08-01 00:08:31] AppID 730 update canceled : Failed to move staging folder C:\Steam\steamapps\downloading/730 (Disk write failure)

But they're the only games that are messing up.

I would like to say my C:\ doesn't find any errors, I can't validate the game, i've restarted both steam and my computer, disabled my anti-virus and even ran steam as a administrator.

I hope this will help you. It works for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9PTrsR0EkU
i found blank files in my steam common files where the games are meant to be, i just deleted them and now the download finished, try looking there
Първоначално публикувано от BluePigeon:
i found blank files in my steam common files where the games are meant to be, i just deleted them and now the download finished, try looking there
This works! Thanks.
Първоначално публикувано от BluePigeon:
This worked for me! cheers dude!
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 38 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Help and Tips > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 1 авг. 2015 в 1:29
Публикации: 38