xoiben 12 nov. 2015 às 16:25
Windows 10 - Xbox One Controller - home button not working
I'm on Windows 10 and updated to 1511 today. Now the home button on my Xbox One Controller is not working in Steam anymore. For example in-game it is supposed to bring up the Steam overlay, but not anymore, nothing is happening. Other controller functions are fine. The button itself is fine too, it brings up Game DVR if activated.

Maybe someone can confirm the problem.

Thank you!

---

Salazar547 found a great solution:

Originalmente postado por Salazar547:
this worked for me using the latest drivers :
Open the xbox app, turn gamedvr on, hit Win+G to open gamedvr overlay, go to gamedvr settings in that overlay, and turn off the option that opens the gamedvr with the guide button, close the gamedvr options and then turn off gamedvr from the xbox app.

Thanks a lot, Salazar547!
Última alteração por xoiben; 16 nov. 2015 às 11:00
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 79 comentários
Bad 💀 Motha 12 nov. 2015 às 21:55 
Check with others with the OS and Controller; it could be the Steam Client update regarding alot of "fixes" for Steam Controller / Link. Even if u do not have those, it is possible others were effected because Steam Client handles all that.

Also yea u need to disable the Xbox app and DVR in Win10; that is a must. Those two functions can not work together.
xoiben 13 nov. 2015 às 0:00 
It could be the latest Steam update, I'm not 100% sure when it started. It definitely worked two days ago when I used the screenshot function in-game. I'm also not in beta, I use the regular Steam version.

Of course, I'm aware of the DVR conflict. I just reactivated it temporarily to make sure my home button is still working at all. And it does, so the issue must be Steam related. I just have the feeling it all started with the 1511 Windows 10 update. It also makes no difference if my controller is connected wireless or not.
xoiben 13 nov. 2015 às 6:40 
I'm sure now the 1511 Windows 10 update caused this.
I tried it on another computer with an older version of Steam. Once Windows is updated Steam doesn't register the home button anymore.

Again, other controller functionality is intact. Still, this is very annoying. I hope Steam can fix this or someone in the community comes up with a solution to make the home button work again.
Última alteração por xoiben; 13 nov. 2015 às 6:40
Bad 💀 Motha 13 nov. 2015 às 9:42 
So reinstall Steam Client via the repair method.

If that alone does not work, remove .NET Framework and all Visual (VC) ++ Updates from your OS (Programs and Features) and reinstall them all after rebooting Windows. To uninstall .NET Framework, it is in Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off
Última alteração por Bad 💀 Motha; 13 nov. 2015 às 9:43
「Stev」 13 nov. 2015 às 10:29 
Nothing wrong with Steam. Microsoft changed something in xinput.
Guide button is also no more working with : RetroArch, Kodi, and Controller Companion, and probably every piece of nonMS software using that button.
Última alteração por 「Stev」; 13 nov. 2015 às 10:38
「Stev」 13 nov. 2015 às 10:47 
Ooookay that's wierd, i managed to fix it by changing the driver for the controller, in device manager for some reason i had 4 drivers (2 with french name and 2 with english names) i picked one randomly, rebooted the computer and then xbox guide button worked again
「Stev」 13 nov. 2015 às 10:53 
Can confirm, tried updating to the up to date driver, -> Guide btn not working, so avoid the latest version of the driver for now
Última alteração por 「Stev」; 13 nov. 2015 às 10:54
xoiben 13 nov. 2015 às 14:01 
Originalmente postado por StevenStrike:
Can confirm, tried updating to the up to date driver, -> Guide btn not working, so avoid the latest version of the driver for now

Thank you for your investigation StevenStrike!

How did you manage to get the older driver to install? I guess "XINPUT compatible HID device" is the one that is responsible (I use the controller wireless and I have this and the wireless adapter itself which got no update with the windows update).
Roll back is greyed out for me and there are no duplicate entries. The old driver should still be on disk in Windows.old which Windows Update created. And Windows of course thinks it already has the latest and greatest driver. Is there a safe way to get the old one to install?

My dirty workaround so far: Using a bluetooth keyboard in addition to the controller. ;)
roughnecks 13 nov. 2015 às 17:29 
Same here: upgraded Windows today but I never used the home button before and I just tried some minutes ago only to find out it's not working.

Anyhow, this is weird because the driver in use was released on 29/10/2015, so it doesn't look like it was upgraded recently.. version is 10.0.10586.0
xoiben 13 nov. 2015 às 18:08 
Thx roughnecks for taking the time! I have the exact same driver.

In my experience it is perfectly normal for a driver to be dated back a few days or even weeks before they are actually delivered to users.
nullskillz 13 nov. 2015 às 22:48 
got it working - though with xbox 360 wireless controller.
maybe it is little different for xbox one controller.

go down in device manager to xbox 360 periphals, choose xbox 360 wireless receiver, manually search for a driver, then select choose driver from list.

here i have 2 drivers. one is the new driver coming with win10 1511 (button not working), and an old one. chose that..and voila home button works again.

hope this helps for xbox one controller as well.
roughnecks 14 nov. 2015 às 2:47 
Originalmente postado por nullskillz:

go down in device manager to xbox 360 periphals, choose xbox 360 wireless receiver, manually search for a driver, then select choose driver from list.

here i have 2 drivers. one is the new driver coming with win10 1511 (button not working), and an old one. chose that..and voila home button works again.

hope this helps for xbox one controller as well.

Yeah, works here too with your method and sorry guys, I also have a 360 Controller, not an XBOX one.
xoiben 14 nov. 2015 às 6:33 
Great that there is a workaround for 360, didn't know it was affected too. No luck with the Xbox One Controller on my end...

There is no working alternative driver to choose from via driver update. I dug deeper and found out how to install the pre-update driver, which can be found in the driver store of the Windows.old backup. You can point the driver updater to use the files from there but additionally need to disable driver signature verification for them to be installed. This is odd because they are as legit as it gets. They were properly signed just two days ago on the older build of Windows 10. So I disabled the verification, installed them, and they work just fine, except still no working home/guide button. So the problem doesn't seem to be in the newer version of the driver, rather somewhere else in Windows. For the Xbox One Controller this is. I tested wired and wireless connection with the same result.

If this is by design I hope Steam can somehow adapt. At least Microsoft seems to know exactly how to handle the home/guide button in their software.
If this is unintentional behavior I hope Microsoft comes up with a bug fix.
Última alteração por xoiben; 14 nov. 2015 às 6:37
s'mores 14 nov. 2015 às 13:58 
Originalmente postado por nullskillz:

Thank you so much! I just spent about 5 hours messing around with a new Alienware Alpha because I updated to windows 10 and so much stuff broke. This was the last thing I needed fixing and thought it was related to the Alpha / Dell drivers. I have a nice Windows-based Steam machine now.

Thanks!
Mr Bueno 14 nov. 2015 às 14:08 
Thanks
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 79 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 12 nov. 2015 às 16:25
Comentários: 79