Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Help and Tips > Подробности за темата
Steam lag on open from Windows taskbar?
When I open Steam from the shortcut in windows taskbar, the icon highlights then reverts.

Steam takes an odd amount of time to open this way, but if I click in notification area and double-click that Steam icon, it opens instantly.

I've already done a reinstall and, a steamflush from the run command.

Any ideas?
Последно редактиран от Demi-Bread; 17 ян. 2016 в 21:49
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 25 коментара
If it is in Notification area, then it is already open/running.

Stop pinning Steam as an icon to the Taskbar, it doesn't work well that way.

When u launch Steam, have it on the Desktop, when launch right click it, click Run As Admin.
Последно редактиран от Bad 💀 Motha; 17 ян. 2016 в 21:31
I know it is running and, I do not keep icons on my desktop.

I am trying to figure out, why opening my library by clicking the taskbar icon, now lags.

I have accessed steam this way for two years and never had an issue.
Just right click the taskbar icon and click Library or where ever you want to go.
And never do Steam Repair or Flush; that wipes all your local settings for Steam.
That is basically a last resort type of method.
I have tried that, it still lags something fierce.

Instant of popping open instantly, it takes about 20 seconds. I know 20 seconds seems trivial.

It just bothers me, something has suddenly changed and, I cannot figure out why.
What OS?

Could be Aero or other OS Visual related settings doing it.
Such as having all the visuals enabled in Windows OS, windows can lagg due to settings such as "Fade during maximize/minimize of windows" one I always disable cause it makes any Window "lagg". By disable this, everything is fluid without delays.
Oh silly I did not list that before.

Windows 7 64 Bit

I have Aero disabled, because Fallout 4 fusses about it.

Is that "Fade" feature you mention part of Aero, or something in another menu?

Hey, i dont know if you already have the problem, but i was having the same problem and found the solution. You probably have an AMD video card so, just dont install the crimson driver, go back to the catalyst and you will be fine, you might need to format the pc but im not sure if is needed, but here, after a lot of work i found that this new driver CRIMSON was the problem.
You're right I do and the lag started happening around the crimson update. Thanks for commenting, Urso.
Hey Berkelium, the recent update for Crimson?
Hey good on the find, Berkelium. The update fixed this issue on Windows 7 64, also.
I know this is like 1 year after, but I'm having the exact same problem and I also use AMD (RX 480). Any idea if it's the drivers again?
Hey sorry but I'm on Windows 10 now with a GTX 1070.
I would suggest you check the installed driver and match that against AMD's website to see if your driver is up to date.
Hi Moro, just to let you know, I have the same problem since a few days, no clue why.
I can open Steam from the tray perfectly fine, probably again a driver update by AMD. Hoping they fix it soon.
I had this same issue today and the only thing that helped was "Run this program as an administrator" in the Compatibility tab for the exe file. I also launch it directly by double clicking the exe and not using any task bar or Start menu shortcuts.
hi I know I'm really late but I wasn't on pc 3 years ago and this is the first discussion that came up for me when I searched up how to fix this. I recently occurred this issue happening and the way I found out to fix it was to update your graphics drivers, it doesn't matter if you update it to the same driver version, but I found this worked for me so hopefully it helps.
Последно редактиран от Flames; 9 ян. 2021 в 0:54
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 25 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Всички дискусии > Steam форум > Help and Tips > Подробности за темата
Дата на публикуване: 17 ян. 2016 в 21:29
Публикации: 25