This topic has been locked
Games randomly uninstalled?
I came back to my steam after like 12 hours and i find several games uninstalled. My pc was sleeping so no one did it, and i never did. These games were Watch Dogs, Dayz, Dishonored, Wargame ALB, Wargame Red Dragon. This is extremely frustrating as all of these games are very large and take forever to download. I just came back after one night and noticed they all needed to be installed again. This ever happen to anyone else? anyone know how to recover them?
*Edit*
So i was browsing my d drive and found all of the game folders there. My c drive was full, but i dont know how or why they got there or why steam isnt recognizing them. How do i get steam to look for them in that folder? And the problem is i cant move them to my c drive with steam files there because there is no room. Its like all of a sudden steam doesnt recognize files in my d drive, but it always did before.
My steam games are on 2 different drives because there is not enough room on :/c. But now steam isnt recognizing the ones on D

Read this forum and this must have happened after my pc froze while playing bf4 and i had to shut it down without properly closing steam.http://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/1abr6t/my_steam_games_randomly_uninstalled_they_are_in/

Thanks
Last edited by H2O lean same thing; Jul 21, 2014 @ 8:22am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
ReBoot Jul 21, 2014 @ 9:04am 
Is your Steam on C? You should readd the library on D.
Bad 💀 Motha Jul 21, 2014 @ 9:12am 
Yes; sleep mode = your non-OS drives turn off.
So after power up or resume, you should go into Computer and go to any extra drives manually, as a means to wake them up. Then launch or restart Steam Client.

FYI; just avoid Sleep Modes; it can cause all sorts of issues. If you not using the system for a while, turn it off. If you want to save power, use the Hibernation Mode. This will allow everything currently in RAM (such as open programs like Steam) to remain open. When u trigger Hibernation, everything within RAM gets saved to a temp file on your HDD. When it is finished it shuts down the system normally. Upon next bootup, instead of booting a fresh OS session, it will instead load the data from the Hibernation file and inject it all back into RAM; allowing you to quickly get back to what you were doing in your previous OS session.

Also even without using any Sleep Mode; Windows by default will put any secondary drives to low-power state after a length of time. This time period can be modified within a power profile in Control Panel > Power Options.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Jul 21, 2014 @ 9:17am
Alright so i fixed it. i went into my steam files and renamed the file called clientregistry.blob something else. and it fixed my games
ChapTheLobster Nov 30, 2015 @ 5:27am 
Originally posted by puthathingbackwhereitcamefromor:
Alright so i fixed it. i went into my steam files and renamed the file called clientregistry.blob something else. and it fixed my games
What exactly did you rename your files? And which files? Did it fix the randomly uninstalled games?
Vaurien Jan 19, 2016 @ 3:02pm 
My problem is ALL of my games are uninstalled and im forced to reinstall them all for the whole month. good job steam.
BOT The Builder Jan 19, 2016 @ 3:26pm 
o
Sonic The AWPer Nov 16, 2016 @ 5:44am 
Yeah, i had this too. Steam has done this like idk 2-3 times already, it's ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ frustrating, as 2 times it deleted one of my games and i had to DL it again (it was a free to play game) idk why Steam does this. i have all of my games on C (1TB)
GREEBZOE Feb 23, 2017 @ 1:05am 
Gmod randomly uninstalled ;(
TTV.NekoMaid_Chan Feb 23, 2017 @ 1:07am 
try uninstalling steam and redownload or disable your anti-virus...or do a huge computer scan hope i help. <3
El Riadoss Feb 23, 2017 @ 1:37am 
Mine to.
Илюшка Feb 23, 2017 @ 1:45am 
thanks
Plokie May 4, 2017 @ 1:03pm 
If this didnt work, this does:
Go into file explorer
Go to 'Windows C:'
Go to 'Program Files (x86)'
Find the 'Steam' file and click it
Go to 'steamapps'
Go to 'Common'
Click the game that was uninstalled automatically
Then scroll down (should be near the bottom) click on the app that has the game icon and name
Then it should hopefully work, if this doesnt, here is the alternatives:

Alternative 1::
Go to file explorer
Go to 'Windows C:'
Go to 'Program Files' (not the one with x86)
Find the 'Steam' folder
Go to 'steamapps'
Go to 'common'
Click the game that was uninstalled
Click on the app that has the game icon and name

Alernative 2::
When you've gotten to common
Click on the game that has been uninstalled
Click on the app with the icon of the game and the name would be <game>.exe

FYI: If your game has an anticheat with it, you need to run the other app with the game icon;
for example, unturned; You will need to run Unturned_BE not Unturned

Hope this helped! :steamhappy:
Last edited by Plokie; May 4, 2017 @ 3:17pm
Ghetto Car Aug 7, 2017 @ 3:24pm 
lol just press the install button and there should be a thing saying descovering existing files
FuturDaddy Aug 7, 2017 @ 3:47pm 
happened
voot Nov 5, 2017 @ 8:14am 
i can open the game Rust through files but not through steam..
< >
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jul 21, 2014 @ 8:01am