This topic has been locked
Josh Woodland Jun 26, 2016 @ 11:54am
My Xbox One Controller wont connect to my Windows 10 PC?
I have a Gaming Pc that Runs Windows 10, 64x. I have a xbox one controller with a charging lead and another lead i found that has a usb and a end that fits into the xb1 controller.

I have installed the 64x Drivers but when i plug my xbox controller into my pc my controller buzzes then just flashes, flashes then turns off. I have tried different sockets a different controller.

People say to uninstall/reinstall the drivers, ive tried that. Nothing apears in my Device Managment either when i plug it in.
I just want to play games with my controller please help me!

Thank You!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
BiGSON Jun 26, 2016 @ 11:42pm 
The drivers should be already pre-installed since it's Windows 10, normally with an Xbox One controller it's just plug and play. For me as well.

Try pressing the Windows button + R, input joy.cpl and press ok. Check if the controller shows up in there. If it does, doubleclick it and move your thumbstick, see if something happens. If it does your controller should be installed correctly and work. If not, well, I don't know either..

The Rock God Jun 27, 2016 @ 12:47am 
You need either:
- A wired controller
- A controller with the wireless module for your computer

Using a charging lead (or some random USB cable) won't work. It will charge the controller though.
BiGSON Jun 27, 2016 @ 1:18am 
Oh didn't read that - yea you need a wired controller or a wire that wired controllers use.
Marble Jun 27, 2016 @ 1:32am 
Originally posted by The Rock God:
You need either:
- A wired controller
- A controller with the wireless module for your computer

Using a charging lead (or some random USB cable) won't work. It will charge the controller though.

Wrong.

Xbox One doesn't have wired and wireless variations like the 360 had.

You can use an Xbox One controller wirelessly (if you have an adapter) or you can plug in any micro-USB cable.

As for the OP's original question, you shouldn't need to install any drivers if you're on Windows 10, doing so is probably what is causing your problems.
Last edited by Marble; Jun 27, 2016 @ 1:33am
wuddih Jun 27, 2016 @ 1:50am 
Originally posted by Canti:
or you can plug in any micro-USB cable.
some cables can fail.
Josh Woodland Jun 27, 2016 @ 7:56am 
Im using a xbox charging cable (not offical) and when i plug it in it buzzes, flashes then doesnt connect, it just turns off. Ive tried using a samsung charger and ive uninstalled the driver any tips?
BiGSON Jun 27, 2016 @ 8:18am 
But does the computer recognize the controller and does it notice when you press buttons?

Press the Windows button + R, input joy.cpl and press ok. Check if the controller shows up in there. If it does, doubleclick it and move your thumbstick, see if something happens.

I would recommend you just get an official xbox cable, because it should work without even having to download/remove any drivers.

Josh Woodland Jun 27, 2016 @ 8:34am 
CASE CLOSED- Thank you everyone
BiGSON Jun 27, 2016 @ 8:46am 
Originally posted by Josh Meister:
CASE CLOSED- Thank you everyone

So you fixed it, what did you do? Just interested - but good, have a nice day ^^
Josh Woodland Jun 27, 2016 @ 8:58am 
I just used around 5 different leads untill one worked
BiGSON Jun 27, 2016 @ 8:59am 
Originally posted by Josh Meister:
I just used around 5 different leads untill one worked

Lol, fair enough, glad it worked - closed!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 26, 2016 @ 11:54am