FoxFire 24/ago./2014 às 15:34
Family View and Achievements
Hi. I've just discovered there is a Family View feature, as I am wanting to allow my young nephew to play a few of my games on my account when he visits. However I am also a big fan of Achievements and would rather he not unlock various achievements on games that I've not done so yet (some of which I've yet to even begin playing).

I did a test with one game to see if Achievements were still unlocked in Family View mode on a separate computer and even though I have the feature to *see* achievements turned off in that mode it turns out that the Achievements are still unlocked regardless of being unable to see them.

So I'm wondering, is there any way to either

a) Create a separate profile for my nephew so that he can earn his own achievements (I don't want to create a new account for him and share my entire library of games with an 8 year old) or

b) Disable achievements while he plays or

c) Reset any achievements he unlocks while playing.

Thanks for the help.
< >
Exibindo comentários 13 de 3
Black Blade 24/ago./2014 às 15:36 
I think your best way will be to make a second account, you can keep that account for your self and just use it for guests, so they can unlock what ever there it will not matter, also you can then use Family View to limit what part of the library can be seen
Kargor 24/ago./2014 às 16:08 
Share your library with his account, and try if you can use Family View on HIS account to limit what he sees.

Family View is a parental control feature, not a way to try and split a single account into multiple "subusers".
Última edição por Kargor; 24/ago./2014 às 16:09
FoxFire 24/ago./2014 às 17:22 
Thanks for the suggestions. I think that will be an adequate work around.

It's a shame that Steam does not have a feature that allows a single account to have multiple profiles. One of the greatest things NetFlix did was their profile feature, so that when the kids are over and watching all their cartoons and kids movies I don't have to have all my viewing suggestions geared toward kids programming and have their items in my list of content I want to watch.

So it would be nice if Steam would implement a feature like that at some point where families can share an account using different profiles each earning their own achievements, own saved game info, etc... and where parents/care-givers can decide what content is appropriate for the kids.

< >
Exibindo comentários 13 de 3
Por página: 1530 50

Publicado em: 24/ago./2014 às 15:34