SteamCMD bug.
After the last update of SteamCMD, if the steamapps folder is missing, it is impossible to update / download the server.

После последнего обновления SteamCMD, если отсутствует папка steamapps невозможно обновить/скачать сервер.

Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - type 'quit' to exit - Loading Steam API ... OK. Connecting anonymously to Steam Public ... Logged in OK Waiting for user info ... OK ERROR! Failed to install app '258550' (Disk write failure)
Last edited by KosiakS; Jun 7 @ 5:26pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
EddCase Jun 7 @ 6:27pm 
I've been pulling my hair out wondering why I started getting the (Disk write failure) on all installs with SteamCMD, adding the SteamApps folder in the install location is working for me a s a temporary workaround, THANK YOU!
Taynak Jun 7 @ 9:04pm 
Originally posted by EddCase:
I've been pulling my hair out wondering why I started getting the (Disk write failure) on all installs with SteamCMD, adding the SteamApps folder in the install location is working for me as a temporary workaround, THANK YOU!

This isn't working for me.
Not sure this is Related to SteamCMD.

but other steam user discover own Antivirus app blocking or in qurantine folder, and you cant write what you block so it give a (Disk write failure) its logic in tech terms , but not in human understanding, should pop with security app blocking it.
Taynak Jun 8 @ 12:23am 
Originally posted by |<- Iceira ->|:
Not sure this is Related to SteamCMD.

but other steam user discover own Antivirus app blocking or in qurantine folder, and you cant write what you block so it give a (Disk write failure) its logic in tech terms , but not in human understanding, should pop with security app blocking it.

an entire discord server for ark server managers has verified this is not the issue.
Same here. Trying to install Conan Servers. Been trying ALOT of stuff. Admin rights, changing install folder/drive. Firewall and AV off. Even changed Read only and security rights on whole drives.

Tried the steamapps folder thing but im not quite positive on what you precisely mean. The folder is present in mine when running the installer so...
Even Report link seem Broken. ( or point at github )
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/New_Help_Desk
Last edited by |<- Iceira ->|; Jun 8 @ 3:13am
Finest_ Jun 8 @ 5:56am 
same issue here ... we got Disk write failure on windows, mac and linux with steamcmd
when we remove +force_install_dir from the command line its working perfectly ...
EddCase Jun 8 @ 6:35am 
Originally posted by Paullebrun:
Same here. Trying to install Conan Servers. Been trying ALOT of stuff. Admin rights, changing install folder/drive. Firewall and AV off. Even changed Read only and security rights on whole drives.

Tried the steamapps folder thing but im not quite positive on what you precisely mean. The folder is present in mine when running the installer so...

So if say you were using

-force_install_dir C:\Server\

manually create the folder steamapps there

so C:\Server\steamapps\
Last edited by EddCase; Jun 8 @ 6:37am
Finest_ Jun 8 @ 7:03am 

So if say you were using

cheers that was the final solution ! create THE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ steamapps directory in the +force_install_dir thanks! EddCase

So if say you were using

Ok I had to place the steamapps folder in a very strange place but following your clues, i could get it to work properly now.

Thanks a bunch for saving me from forfeiting my life!! This was such a headache and not alot of info on the net.

For people reading this, in regard to the installer for Conan: Exiles Dedicated Server tools posted on the FUNCOM forum. You have to create the steamapps folder inside

X:/.../DedicatedServerLauncher/ConanExilesDedicatedServer

Thanks to EddCase for all the work!

Cheers!
ack10 Jun 8 @ 11:40am 
I'm having the same problem trying to update pso 2 and its giving me that same error and i have an external terabyte hard drive connected to my laptop didn't have this issue before so no clue whats going on :/
Awesome creating the folder steamapps in the directory where you are trying the server to fixed the issue. That was such an simple fix to the ERROR! Failed to install app 'XXXXX' (Disk write failure)
Taynak Jun 10 @ 12:27pm 
How to fix the current SteamCMD issue step by step:

*copy the entire steam apps folder
*go to the folder you have your servers stored
*mine is c:\arkservers\
*you'll see the shootergame folder there (not in the shootergame folder but outside of it)
*unzip it there

*then if you have a server manager like ASM hit the update button

*if you can't start the server after that, you have to open up steamcmd...
-Steam> login anonymous
-Steam> force_install_dir <install_dir>
-Steam> app_update 376030 validate
-Steam> exit
*make sure to set the install dir to where you have your servers folder
*the c:\arkservers\ for me

After that it should work
Last edited by Taynak; Jun 10 @ 12:55pm
ryjjjjjjjjjjjj
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50