กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Help and Tips > รายละเอียดกระทู้
Why is my download speed in steam so slow?
In places like Origin or battle.net my downloads are super fast, now when the steam summer sale came out i decided to buy black desert online, only to then download it at 400kbps.
Is there any reason for my slow download speed?
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 16 ความเห็น
Probably because people bought new games in the Steamsale and are all massivly downloading them.
The question is, what have you done to try to troubleshoot the problem ?

For example.......

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/2592234299533235027/

First, try changing download regions to many different places. Try some very far away from you also.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย SlimeHaze:
I've changed my download region to my own country, it seems like that is not the main problem
Then you need to try more regions, just in case, and you need to try some very far away from you also.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/2592234299533453682/#c2592234299533470957

Change Download Region

The Steam content system is divided into geographical regions. The Steam client automatically detects its current region and uses content servers located in that region for best performance. Sometimes, servers in a specific region may be slow, overloaded or have a hardware failure causing download issues. It is advisable to temporarily switch to a different download region to use another set of content servers.

Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Download Region. You may need to test several regions other than your own.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2274-IFLV-5334
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย The Giving One; 24 มิ.ย. 2017 @ 5: 21am
Mmmmmm what??
ok, ive tried to change my region to sweden (my neighboring country), it's a little bit faster than it was before, but also now this strange thing happens, if i pause the download only then to start it again, it downloads at my normal speed only then to go back to under 1mbps.
tried doing this lots of times but it seems it does not download for the small time its good.
You keep replying that you have only changed the region once. First your own country and now Sweden.

I have said that you need to try many different ones and some very far away from you also. Try many regions, please.

(EDIT...Sweden is not very far away from you)
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย The Giving One:
First, try changing download regions to many different places. Try some very far away from you also.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย The Giving One; 24 มิ.ย. 2017 @ 5: 29am
DMT 24 มิ.ย. 2017 @ 5: 34am 
no
Tried to change my region to london, it now downloads at 7mbps, im really happy that this method works but should i continue to change my region in hope of getting my regular download speed back or should i stop at 7mbps???
That is up to you, but you should be able to change it back if you don't get better results in other regions. 7 is pretty good if you ask me. I only get 1.5 MB/s here.

EDIT...

(considering how the sale may be loading up the network more than normally perhaps)
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย The Giving One; 24 มิ.ย. 2017 @ 5: 37am
I'll have to remind you that i (not to brag) have a pretty good internet, as said i've tried the speedtest site and this is not even a quarter of what my internet is capable of.
That does not matter. We see that said here all the time. What your internet there is may not be relevant, and we did not even get into other possible causes of your downloading issues either.

(conflicting software, wireless connection, drivers out of date, unsupported OS on the computer, etc. )
I know that the speedtest site may not be accurate, but remark that i most often download at 15mbps-25mbps. To me 7mbps is kinda slow, especially when im downloading black desert for 50gb
As I said, all that may be totally irrelevant. We did not get into other possible causes of this problem. Would you like to explore more possibilities ?

If so, boot into safe mode with networking and come back here to post while staying in safe mode with networking.

If you are using a router, don't. Bypass it and run ethernet from the computer directly to the modem.

Disconnet all other devices that you may have connected in your network there so that you are the only one that has a wire from your computer to your modem.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย The Giving One; 24 มิ.ย. 2017 @ 5: 45am
Atm only i am using the internet, i am quite unexperienced when it comes to computers and lots of other electronical stuff, so im gonna keep away from that sht. but anyways thank you for helping me :)
You are welcome, and as you seem to admit here, there are many other possibilities that could be suspect to slow downloads that you may be unaware of.

Good luck to you in any case.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Fog:
no
。。。
I have a 300Mbps internet conection, and I usually download at 20-25MB/s... But now, I'm just downloading at 700KB/s...... >:(
Just have the same problem.. been looking for a solution online .. normally i can get 24MB/sec only had between 0.2 and 1MB .. changed download region to SOUTH KOREA and now i ahve the full 24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For future reference: You may have heard of Steam Bootstrapper, found in task manager (in app section), and how your supposed to allow that through your firewall. But there's also a separate application called Steam Client Service (Task Manager - Background processes). I allowed the 2 extra processes, that I found, through the firewall as well, and has drastically improved for me.
I know this is REAL late but note when you run a speed test it typically gives you your answer in MegaBITS not MegaBYTES. So with this known take your MegaBITS from you speed test (mine being 200) and divide it by eight to get the appropriate amount of MegaBYTES (mine being 25 megabytes.) So say you have 100 MB/s from your speed test your download speed should be 12.5 Megabytes per second. After doing this math if you have any other issues I'd be glad to help. Assuming this issue is still a thing people get, I've patched it in other ways.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-15 จาก 16 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50

กระดานสนทนาทั้งหมด > ฟอรัม Steam > Help and Tips > รายละเอียดกระทู้