Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Help and Tips > Szczegóły wątku
Killjoy 27 lutego 2019 o 9:15
Steam crashes when installing or updating a game
Hi everyone,

I have a massive issue with the steam client, I cannot install or update any games on it it just crashes straight away and doesn't re launch until I delete the appmanifest file for the game that is installing/ updating. I have uninstalled and reinstalled steam upwards of 8 times, I have tried using multiple hard drives for the games library files, I have deleted the steam registry entry. I requested help from steam and gave them my crash logs but they cannot recreate the issue from their side, and so th ey said I should post here for help.

please any help or advice is welcome! I'm dying over here :-(
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 40 komentarzy
check your system logs and see what is causing steam to crash
Jerry 27 lutego 2019 o 9:21 
This issue has been reported by several users over the last days. From what it seems, it's affecting Windows 7 users. I think, there is no solution so far. Maybe force an older client version on your computer or import downloaded files from a non-7 PC.
Killjoy 27 lutego 2019 o 9:26 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Sinuhe:
check your system logs and see what is causing steam to crash

Thanks for answering, how do I check system logs?
Killjoy 27 lutego 2019 o 9:28 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Jerry:
This issue has been reported by several users over the last days. From what it seems, it's affecting Windows 7 users. I think, there is no solution so far. Maybe force an older client version on your computer or import downloaded files from a non-7 PC.

Thanks for the insight, how can I force an older client version, as steam auto updates on launch?
to check your system logs hold and press windows key and + r and type eventvwr and click OK.
It will open Event Viewer then expand the Windows Logs node and select the Application node. It should show the application log is displayed and check for any yellow message
Autor oznaczył ten post jako odpowiedź na oryginalny wątek.
Killjoy 27 lutego 2019 o 10:32 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Hodman:
Try this:

https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)#toc-link-2

Oh my gosh dude! this seemed to have fixed the issue! A thousand thank yous and God Bless!
:steamhappy:
keht 2 kwietnia 2019 o 13:03 
Thanks, Hodman! Works for me too!
Draco 7 kwietnia 2019 o 8:49 
Początkowo opublikowane przez Killjoy:
Początkowo opublikowane przez Hodman:
Try this:

https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)#toc-link-2

Oh my gosh dude! this seemed to have fixed the issue! A thousand thank yous and God Bless!
:steamhappy:

I LOVE YOU BRO I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mipmap 24 kwietnia 2019 o 9:46 
Hodman's fix is legit, thank you my dude! In case the link goes dead, here are the steps:

1. Win key + R
2. cmd.exe
3. netsh winsock reset
4. restart the computer

Bob Johnson 7 lipca 2019 o 13:18 
Oh thank god I found this thread, I've been suffering for about 2 months.
Sir Kipa 11 lipca 2019 o 20:13 
Yey finally something that also helped me.. Thanks Hodman!:steamhappy:
Bob Johnson 12 lipca 2019 o 5:20 
We should contact steam support about his method.
Johnny<3 12 lipca 2019 o 5:55 
Thx bud worked for me too
Roro2013 12 sierpnia 2019 o 15:30 
Thank you, thank you! My son was bugging me to get this fixed. It worked!!
< >
Wyświetlanie 1-15 z 40 komentarzy
Na stronę: 1530 50

Wszystkie dyskusje > Fora Steam > Help and Tips > Szczegóły wątku
Data napisania: 27 lutego 2019 o 9:15