zeldahero97 Feb 10, 2019 @ 12:40pm
Unable to login to my steam account from all platforms, also cant reset password.
Hello, this is the second time this has happened to me. I recently had a problem where I would lose connection to steam, I would then logout of my account and try to re-login. I am unable to login or reset my password. I have tried resetting my password on multiple browsers as well as trying to login in on multiple platforms such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Steam Mobile, and the Steam Client itself. I have attempted the password reset on the account every few minutes for about 45 minutes now the only message I get is "An error occurred trying to handle that request. Please give us a few minutes and try again." I followed the directions of that message and nothing is happening. There were no prompts as having connection problems and now that I tried the password reset. I was forced to make another account with steam because I can't create a ticket without logging in and I can't login. I'm not sure what to do, I haven't had a problem this severe with steam before.
Last edited by zeldahero97; Feb 10, 2019 @ 12:45pm
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
fitzlegames Feb 10, 2019 @ 12:44pm 
I am having this same issue. Can only login on this account, my 2nd account. Maybe steam servers are down for half the accounts? How would I know - valve with their billions of dollars doesn't have the decency to supply ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ support for its paying customers.
Sarge Feb 10, 2019 @ 12:50pm 
I'm 95% sure this is a widespread problem so I wouldn't fret too badly. I was able to reset my password after over 2 hours of issues but I'm also having problems with my beta client for my alt account.
7DAYS_VLAD [RU[ (Banned) Feb 10, 2019 @ 1:04pm 
same, got logged out in Chrome from all my accs. Now cant log back in.

The people at Valve responsible for realiability & uptime died a long time ago and their corpses are in office to this day.
Last edited by 7DAYS_VLAD [RU[; Feb 10, 2019 @ 1:06pm
Reisu Feb 10, 2019 @ 1:06pm 
Judging by the comments on downdetector it is a widespread issue. Been that way for hours for me. Wish Steam would use some venue to keep us informed when things like this happen.
soulFire Feb 10, 2019 @ 1:14pm 
This seems to be affecting store purchases as well... if this is wide spread and I can't give steam my money, they should be working fast and furious to fix this or they're probably loosing lots of $ during the sale... when the sale ends, so does my attempt to purchase. Hard to believe they don't have live chat or phone support for these issues, as resorting to antiquated email and forum communications and inherent delays therein will have customers going elsewhere or loosing interest. That's a considerable amount of lost revenue for steam and their clients.
Sixtyfivekills Feb 10, 2019 @ 1:53pm 
Can log in on client, can't log in on browser.
Keeps saying my password is incorrect, wonder what the hell is going on there.

May not be related to the problem, but i had similar issues with PS4 today. I thought i was being hacked and quickly changed every single password i had. Wonder if these are connected somehow....
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 10, 2019 @ 12:40pm