spanmuffin Jun 20, 2019 @ 8:12pm
My Installed game keeps reinstalling
Hello, I've had a problem with my Elder Scrolls Online game. I keep running into a problem where when I try to launch the game (which is already installed through steam) were it makes me reinstall it all over. I have had to do this about 4 times now and I don't understand why or how its getting uninstalled. Has anyone had this problem with any other games and have any suggestions on how to fix this?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Installed Games are Appearing as Uninstalled
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8379-RYIP-2998

Preventing this issue
Originally posted by https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8379-RYIP-2998:
External hard drives are not recommended for use with Steam or Steam's games. Aside from many potential performance issues, external hard drives may connect or disconnect from the computer at inopportune times as part of their normal operations. If you encounter this issue with an external drive, install Steam and your games to an internal drive instead.

To ensure that you do not encounter this issue, always allow Steam to close properly when shutting down your computer. Allowing Windows to force Steam to close when it is writing to a hard drive may cause Steam library and installation information to become corrupted.

Additionally, third party applications can prevent Steam from writing essential information. Ensure that none of your installed applications are interfering with Steam:

Programs which may interfere with Steam
spanmuffin Jun 20, 2019 @ 8:31pm 
My games are installed to an internal drive so it might just be when I turn off my computer without closing steam.
keep getting this BS everytime I try to launch Grid 2019 SICK OF THIS ♥♥♥♥!
I've also encountered this issue, there is no external drive on my lenovo s145, all I have is the 512GB SSD hard drive, every time I launch the game even from the start menu I had to re install it, steam team please look into this issue again because this is annoying
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 20, 2019 @ 8:12pm