Why cant I search for exact nicknames?
for example if I type *Felix* to find someone I once knew, it will show me FIVE ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ THOUSAND PAGES of Felixs instead.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
gwait Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:06pm 
Have you added them before?
Teksura Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:06pm 
What do you expect? Steam allows you to pick display names and doesn't block you from it if it's already in use. You need to be a little more specific, such as having them provide their actual profile link, or finding them through groups you know they're in.
✯ sp34gl3-3y3 Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:12pm 
Originally posted by Teksura:
What do you expect? Steam allows you to pick display names and doesn't block you from it if it's already in use. You need to be a little more specific, such as having them provide their actual profile link, or finding them through groups you know they're in.

I expect the search function to respect the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ exact symbols and letters I type, thats what I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ expect.

Lets say his name is "*Felix* -A- =DDD" and thats what I type.. nope, this retarded search function shows me literally EVERY OTHER ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ REGULAR FELIX INSTEAD.

Why? why is it so stupid? what exactly is the point of this? please tell me only this.
Last edited by ✯ sp34gl3-3y3; Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:14pm
Boris the Animal Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:27pm 
Originally posted by hoolio:

I expect the search function to respect the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ exact symbols and letters I type, thats what I ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ expect.

Lets say his name is "*Felix* -A- =DDD" and thats what I type.. nope, this retarded search function shows me literally EVERY OTHER ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ REGULAR FELIX INSTEAD.

Why? why is it so stupid? what exactly is the point of this? please tell me only this.

To frustrate you and force you to use their steam id, or get a link to their profile.
gwait Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:28pm 
"*Felix* -A- =DDD"

That's where you wrap the name with quotation marks.
Last edited by gwait; Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:30pm
✯ sp34gl3-3y3 Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:39pm 
Originally posted by gwait:
"*Felix* -A- =DDD"

That's where you wrap the name with quotation marks.

I tried this many times, I wish it would work.

Originally posted by Msyn:

To frustrate you and force you to use their steam id, or get a link to their profile.

expected and deserved answer :D
gwait Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:40pm 

It's not for all, but you mentioned the latest username for which it would work with. However, there are no users named like that. I've also checked using Google search terms and your friends list history and there is no one named that. Are you sure they did not change their name?
Last edited by gwait; Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:41pm
✯ sp34gl3-3y3 Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:43pm 
Originally posted by gwait:

It's not for all, but you mentioned the latest username for which it would work with. However, there are no users named like that. I've also checked using Google search terms and your friends list history and there is no one named that. Are you sure they did not change their name?

It was just an example name. However the qutoation marks method does not work at all for me, I've tried countless times in the past.
gwait Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:43pm 
It works best when there are spaces in the name. Additionally, Google allows to search for exact phrases. Do you need help searching this friend, or...?
Last edited by gwait; Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:46pm
✯ sp34gl3-3y3 Aug 31, 2017 @ 4:03pm 
the guy i was searching for is called *Felix*, i was looking for a bunch of guys actually from a game called warface i used to play. however the thing is im not sure thats his steam name.

i just wanted to know what the reasoning was behind steam search being so dumb. ive had this problem many times in the past that its impossible to find exact names via steam.
Minty Aug 31, 2017 @ 4:19pm 
I couldn't find my Steam name using quotations, but on Google I found all the topics I have posted in.
I kind of agree with op.

If you type "misoka4" nothing pops up. But "Misoka4" and I pop up.

that is ludicrous
Teksura Aug 31, 2017 @ 9:17pm 
the guy i was searching for is called *Felix*, i was looking for a bunch of guys actually from a game called warface i used to play. however the thing is im not sure thats his steam name.

So you want to find some guy. Who you played with long ago. And you're not sure about his name at all. And you have no way to specifically identify him. And you think it's the Steam clients fault that you can't find him? You don't think it's because you don't even know his name? How the heck do you expect the search to find someone if you don't even know what you're searching for?
Last edited by Teksura; Aug 31, 2017 @ 9:17pm
✯ sp34gl3-3y3 Sep 1, 2017 @ 4:06am 
So you want to find some guy. bla bla bla i cant read bla bla i dont understand anything bla bla

I want to know why steam doesnt allow me to easily find profiles, even if I know the exact ♥♥♥♥♥ name.
Last edited by ✯ sp34gl3-3y3; Sep 1, 2017 @ 4:06am
ReBoot Sep 1, 2017 @ 4:35am 
So you want to find some guy. bla bla bla i cant read bla bla i dont understand anything bla bla

I want to know why steam doesnt allow me to easily find profiles, even if I know the exact ♥♥♥♥♥ name.
Because there are thousands of profiles with the exact name "Felix". Ask Felix for his profile URL, those are unique.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 31, 2017 @ 3:00pm